Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I got put through to someone from the Escalation Team. They said they work with the Loyalty Dept. to help customers who are not satisfied with what was offered. The rep said he can see all the notes the loyalty team leaves but can't offer anything beyond. Which I think is BS because he then offered me a plan to match Fido which you will read about below. What's the point in having an Escalation Team then? Also who are they and are they higher then the loyalty team?

By emailing this address [email protected] is this the escalation team or a team higher up the chain?

Anyhow here is what I have:

Unlimited local calling
    100 CDN long distance
    100MB data
    pkg 15
    $55 plus taxes.

What I wanted was to remove the 100mb data and add the 1gb package and keep my plan at $55, in the end asking for pkg 15 for free. He said they can't do it as my plan is already rich.

What he offered was to take away my unlimited plan and give me 200min plan with 1gb for the same $55.

The other option he offered was Unlimited nation wide, 1gb, CID, VM3, and unlimited international txt. for $65 to compete with the Fido plan. It seems bit much for me but still not sure what to do.

What do you guys think? Right now if I stay with Telus it looks like I can either loose my mins and gain more data or pay more and gain mins and data.

Carrier(s)
    Kood0
    Feedback Score

Considering switching to Fido

Fido plan is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KeyONE, BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Bold 9900: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.391 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'm not sure who this "escalation team" is. They may have been feeding you a line. L&R is there to retain customers, but it's a balancing act too; they're not always going to give us everything we want. It sounds like you would like:

$35 unlimited calling
    $20 1GB
    $0 Package $15
    $0 100 long distance minutes

I can speak from personal experience that this will be very hard to accomplish. I've seen a couple people with that plan minus the long distance, but they're few and far between. I used to have that $35 plan, and I couldn't even get the $20/1GB plan with it. They kept telling me they couldn't give me those in conjunction with the each other. As a result I had to take the $35 plan with the posted $25/500MB plan. And I had to pay $10 for Package 15 ($5 discount).

You can keep trying, but that's not to say it will get you exactly what you're looking for. Good luck though!

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Bold 9900: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.391 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'm not sure who this "escalation team" is. They may have been feeding you a line. L&R is there to retain customers, but it's a balancing act too; they're not always going to give us everything we want. It sounds like you would like:

$35 unlimited calling
    $20 1GB
    $0 Package $15
    $0 100 long distance minutes

I can speak from personal experience that this will be very hard to accomplish. I've seen a couple people with that plan minus the long distance, but they're few and far between. I used to have that $35 plan, and I couldn't even get the $20/1GB plan with it. They kept telling me they couldn't give me those in conjunction with the each other. As a result I had to take the $35 plan with. The posted $25/500MB plan. And I had to pay $10 for Package 15 ($5 discount).

You can keep trying, but that's not to say it will get you exactly what you're looking for. Good luck though!
    I wouldn't mind giving up the long distance for the 1gb, but they wouldn't do that either.

What do you think about the $65 plan they offered to match Fido?

Also I forgot to mention this rep is willing to add on the 1gb for $20 with no further discounts, so my plan would go up $10 and cost $65 monthly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sm30
    I wouldn't mind giving up the long distance for the 1gb, but they wouldn't do that either.
    They wouldn't do with for me either. They consider the $35 unlimited plan to be some sort of a retention promo, as do they with the $20/1GB plan. Many reps told me over and over again that it was one or the other, not both. Like I said, some have managed to get the two together, but more people were declined than successful.

It's not bad, but when you compare it to Koodo's $56 plan it's not so great obviously.

Also I forgot to mention this rep is willing to add on the 1gb for $20 with no further discounts, so my plan would go up $10 and cost $65 monthly.
    So the $30/1GB plan which is off the shelf.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sm30 View Post

Curious as to why you are holding on to telus... Go with the 56 koodo plan

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shuswap View Post
    Curious as to why you are holding on to telus... Go with the 56 koodo plan
    I have to pay off $450 plus taxes to cancel my Telus account. I am trying to work out financially the best way to go. Its a huge chunk and the main reason I haven't switched yet.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

^Oh, so you're early into a contract too? All the more reason for them not to negotiate any further with you. Like I said, you can keep trying, but chances are you're not going to get much more out of them.

Feedback Score
    I've been on Telus without a contract since July, on an iPhone 5 I bought straight from Apple. I've got the $65 plan with 200 minutes, 6 GB data, 10 favorite numbers, unlimited SMS/MMS to Canada. I'm also spending $5 more for Visual Voice Mail.

I'd go for the $56 Fido plan, but Fido's reception is terrible where I live and work. (I've actually tried this since Fido offered the first month for free.) I don't want to go with Koodo because they don't have VVM. I could try Virgin, but I want to stay with one of the Big 3 companies. (I know Virgin is a Bell subsidiary.)

If I called retentions, do you think I would have good luck getting the current Saskatchewan $60 plan? (I live in Alberta.) It's the one with unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited SMS/MMS, and 5 GB data. I'd be happy to sign a 3 year contract for this (as long as I could get a new phone as well). Even happier if they would throw in VVM for free - but I doubt they'd do that.

What do you think?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlocicero View Post
    I've been on Telus without a contract since July, on an iPhone 5 I bought straight from Apple. I've got the $65 plan with 200 minutes, 6 GB data, 10 favorite numbers, unlimited SMS/MMS to Canada. I'm also spending $5 more for Visual Voice Mail.

I'd go for the $56 Fido plan, but Fido's reception is terrible where I live and work. (I've actually tried this since Fido offered the first month for free.) I don't want to go with Koodo because they don't have VVM. I could try Virgin, but I want to stay with one of the Big 3 companies. (I know Virgin is a Bell subsidiary.)

If I called retentions, do you think I would have good luck getting the current Saskatchewan $60 plan? (I live in Alberta.) It's the one with unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited SMS/MMS, and 5 GB data. I'd be happy to sign a 3 year contract for this (as long as I could get a new phone as well). Even happier if they would throw in VVM for free - but I doubt they'd do that.

What do you think?
    I had the SAME situation as you and I couldnt. But this doesnt mean you cant, so give it a try.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5c, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, iPhone 4S, Nexus 4,
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

What do you think?
    I had to speak with the escalations department to get VVM added free. I'm not sure a normal retention rep can add it. I had to push for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Climb View Post
    I had to speak with the escalations department to get VVM added free. I'm not sure a normal retention rep can add it. I had to push for it.
    Yeah, I think I'd be pushing it just to get the $60 unlimited Saskatchewan plan.

I'm going to try tomorrow.

In your opinion, is it better to call retentions directly? Or should I call the normal line and ask how I can cancel my account. Remember, I am not on a contract. I am just month-to-month.

Should I be straight with them? Should I say, "Fido, Virgin and Koodo all have a $56 plan with unlimited nationwide voice plus 2 GB of data. I'd be happy to stay with Telus if you could come close to this. I'd even be willing to sign a three year contract."

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

What do you think?
    If you were willing to go fido or koodo why not virgin (no vvm there too)? They all are part of the big 3.

If I were in your situation with no contract, I would not keep calling and begging and just switch. Watch telus call you two months later wanting you back (just saying, no idea if this will happen).

That's the power of choice and no contract. Speak with your dollars.

That's my 2 cents.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5c, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, iPhone 4S, Nexus 4,
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I think I'd be pushing it just to get the $60 unlimited Saskatchewan plan.

I'm going to try tomorrow.

In your opinion, is it better to call retentions directly? Or should I call the normal line and ask how I can cancel my account. Remember, I am not on a contract. I am just month-to-month.

Should I be straight with them? Should I say, "Fido, Virgin and Koodo all have a $56 plan with unlimited nationwide voice plus 2 GB of data. I'd be happy to stay with Telus if you could come close to this. I'd even be willing to sign a three year contract."

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
    Typically I pose the question "I'm looking to renew, what can you offer me?" If they offer you what's on the website, try and quote a retention plan somebody has on the forums and say you would like that. Be polite. If the rep is being a b****, hang up and call back.

I usually go straight to retentions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Climb View Post
    Typically I pose the question "I'm looking to renew, what can you offer me?" If they offer you what's on the website, try and quote a retention plan somebody has on the forums and say you would like that. Be polite. If the rep is being a b****, hang up and call back.

I usually go straight to retentions.
    I gave this a try yesterday. The retentions rep was very nice, but wouldn't budge. He offered me the $65 unlimited Canada wide voice + 1 GB data plan that was up a while back. So basically, lose 5 GB of data to get unlimited Canada wide calling. I already have the 10 my favorite numbers, so I don't really want this switch.

Today I signed up with Virgin for the $56 plan, and since I am not on a contract I can cancel any time. My tests so far show it roughly equivalent to Telus, but a little weaker signal some times. This surprises me, because I thought they used the same towers. Maybe my tests are too subjective.

(Love the $56 plan compared to my $65 Telus plan, but I really hate the "hip" Virgin style. Really seems like they are trying too hard to be cool.)

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast