Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlocicero View Post
    I gave this a try yesterday. The retentions rep was very nice, but wouldn't budge. He offered me the $65 unlimited Canada wide voice + 1 GB data plan that was up a while back. So basically, lose 5 GB of data to get unlimited Canada wide calling. I already have the 10 my favorite numbers, so I don't really want this switch.

Today I signed up with Virgin for the $56 plan, and since I am not on a contract I can cancel any time. My tests so far show it roughly equivalent to Telus, but a little weaker signal some times. This surprises me, because I thought they used the same towers. Maybe my tests are too subjective.

(Love the $56 plan compared to my $65 Telus plan, but I really hate the "hip" Virgin style. Really seems like they are trying too hard to be cool.)
    They do use the same towers except in metro areas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shuswap View Post
    They do use the same towers except in metro areas
    Oh, so are you saying that signal strength might be different between the two in the city? I haven't used Virgin very long yet, but in my work place it seems to me that Telus has a stronger signal. I thought I was just imagining things...

Device(s)
    blackberry storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Re: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Just wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to get a plan that includes 6gb of data? I want to switch my 55 plan that has 5gb for 6gb. Or does telus offer like bell has for an extra GB it will cost 10 dollars extra.... anyone have an insight?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    Kood0
    Feedback Score

Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Yup telus air canada plan has 6gb for $55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    blackberry storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by auditman View Post
    Yup telus air canada plan has 6gb for $55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I don't think I would be able at get that plan.... lol. At least maybe I can apply for work at air Canada lol. Jk. Ah well...I wish they offered what bell does for an extra 10 dollars you can add another GB of data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlocicero View Post
    Oh, so are you saying that signal strength might be different between the two in the city? I haven't used Virgin very long yet, but in my work place it seems to me that Telus has a stronger signal. I thought I was just imagining things...
    Have a look at something like loxcell
    it will show you where the towers are for all providers as I mentioned before Telus and bell do share towers except in metro areas they would each have there own towers... Some could be in different areas
    Make sure you choose Bell owned or Telus owned

Device(s)
    blackberry storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Hey can the mods clean the thread already. Let's keep everything on topic in this thread related to retentions only. Everything else you can start a new thread. Ty

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, can you please tell me if Telus Retentions is still offering the $25 holiday plan?

Thank you so much.

Device(s)
    blackberry storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Well after talking to lnr I'm back to the old 65 plan that includes my favorite 10 nationwide caller id vm3 200 daytime minutes eve/weekends from 6pm unlimited messaging and 6gb of data and 100 CD LD min. Switched from the sask 55. What do you all think? Good trade off? Don't really use much Day time minutes. If I had used an extra 1gb of data would cost me 20 dollars a month more....so I think its better for me now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nelly_85 View Post
    Well after talking to lnr I'm back to the old 65 plan that includes my favorite 10 nationwide caller id vm3 200 daytime minutes eve/weekends from 6pm unlimited messaging and 6gb of data and 100 CD LD min. Switched from the sask 55. What do you all think? Good trade off? Don't really use much Day time minutes. If I had used an extra 1gb of data would cost me 20 dollars a month more....so I think its better for me now.

If it works for you great !!!
    We all have different needs... Some are data hogs while others are hard on minutes... I use very little Data... I am a ld hog though

Feedback Score
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking to sign on again with Telus for another 3 year term (I've been with them since 1996). After a while of talking to retentions they offered me:

200 local minutes (starting 6pm)
    My10 Nationwide
    1 GB Flex Data ($10 extra per gb used after that)
    Unlimited txt,pic,vid
    CD, VM3, CC, CW
    30 min Long Distance

For $60/Month

Is this worth taking, or do you think that I should push for more? Seems like it's a bit lacking compared to some of the other plans I've been seeing in this thread.

Any recommendations on features to ask for or ways of getting a few extras? Thanks for the help.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Ask for the promo 65 - 200 mins daytime, evening and weekends at 6, 6gb data, favorite 10, call id, unlimited text and picture messages and voice mail. $65
    I've been with telus since 2000 and they included unlimited incoming and 300 mins long distance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter7 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking to sign on again with Telus for another 3 year term (I've been with them since 1996). After a while of talking to retentions they offered me:

200 local minutes (starting 6pm)
    My10 Nationwide
    1 GB Flex Data ($10 extra per gb used after that)
    Unlimited txt,pic,vid
    CD, VM3, CC, CW
    30 min Long Distance

For $60/Month

Is this worth taking, or do you think that I should push for more? Seems like it's a bit lacking compared to some of the other plans I've been seeing in this thread.

Any recommendations on features to ask for or ways of getting a few extras? Thanks for the help.
    That plan stinks... I would look for more then that personally

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shushwap View Post
    That plan stinks... I would look for more then that personally
    They did a bit better. Nothing to write home about. Is this worth taking?

200 local min (6pm)
    5gb data
    My10
    30 min LD
    CID, CW, CC, VM3
    Unlimited txt/pic/vid
    $63

Feedback Score
    If that works for you in Daytime min... Grab it... If you are more of a min hog.. Have a look at something Like koodo.. They are owned by Telus and run on Telus towers... With Koodo you can get unlimited Talk Canada wide with a gig of Data for 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter7 View Post
    They did a bit better. Nothing to write home about. Is this worth taking?

200 local min (6pm)
    5gb data
    My10
    30 min LD
    CID, CW, CC, VM3
    Unlimited txt/pic/vid
    $63

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast