Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 15 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsatics View Post
    What's your plan called? How did they make the mistake?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    It's an older plan.

I pay 30 for 6GB of data, and then i pay 30 for voice.

My voice is :
    Evening after 6, free weekends, 10 people unlimited calling across Canada, 300 day minutes, and the call id, vmail, etc.

For the past few years, they wont allow me to renew on contract because their system doesnt allow it. I have to increase my monthly cost, and give up my data to renew but i just managed to get the moto x play on a 2 yr.

Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingDark View Post
    I don't know if you can "do better" since L&R has become increasingly stingy, but the offers you've listed above are frankly insulting. A brand new customer can walk in and get a plan with everything above and 3.5GB of data for $105, they're only offering you 4GB for $100?

If the best Telus can do to retain an existing customer is knock five dollars off their regular website price, they should shut down the entire Loyalty & Retentions department and use the savings to hire more frontline CSRs.
    I left telus today after 14 years for a corporate plan at rogers. But a new client 6gb unlimited nationwide calling,voicemail 25, call waiting, call ID, 2500 call forwarding minutes...two years of spotify and it's 65 for BYOD....on Month to Month.....even without my corporate plan I would of still left. My plan comes out to 45 bucks a month. From montreal quebec

Device(s)
    iphone 4 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I have a $25 voice (300mins) and $30 6gb plan. Is there a way to add unlimited calling for $20more so I can get a subsidy?
    Does telus have an add-on like that for long time clients? I've been with them for 14 yrs.

Feedback Score
    What I have currently which I pay $70 on a MTM basis:

Unltd local min
    6GB data
    Package 15 (vm10, unltd txt, cid)
    200 canadian min
    Unltd international txt
    CC
    CW

Just got off the phone with LnR. What they can offer for $80:

Unltd Cdn Min
    4GB Data
    Unltd txt and vid msg across canada
    Unltd international txt (don't think it incl vid msg???)
    CID
    CW
    CC
    VM25

She also mentioned that that $80 already has the BYOD discount included.

Thoughts??? I was pushing for 5GB but she could only add 4 or below, or 7 or higher.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    You can renew the $70 plan -- its eligible for a 2 year term.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    You can renew the $70 plan -- its eligible for a 2 year term.
    I could but i guess im pushin for unltd cdn min and dropping the 200 cdn min

Feedback Score

Finally got byod discount

Some minor good news for people on the SK plans outside of SK. I called in randomly while driving probably 20 times over the last 6 months, trying to get a new iphone while keeping somewhere near my current plan. No dice - I'm looking at anywhere from 50 to 120/month more depending on which csr/lnr I chat with. I'd resigned myself to either buying a used one and just continuing month to month or (gulp) switching to Wind. One last kick at the cat and the rep felt badly for not being able to do anything towards a new device so she actually gave me a 10% byod discount on both our phones and dropped visual vm to $2 from $5 - savings of about $18/month. So I've decided to stick with Telus and just get my own phone new or used when my iphone 5 dies. My plans were:

SK60 Unlimited everything plus 5gb ($60)
    SK55 Unlimited everything plus 1gb ($55)
    Visual VM 10 added to both for $5 each
    Ipad add on for $5/month
    Data is shared between all 3 devices

Total was $130 for everything.

With the byod and vm discount - 112.50

On another note, had a really nasty LnR lady basically berate me for taking advantage of telus for the past two years for using a plan not from my province. She couldn't grasp that it was telus that offered me the plan in the first place. Anyhow, comeuppance - while negotiating, I used my brother's plan as an example, she asked for his phone number to check and then pretty much gave me all the details for him and his wife. My brother was standing beside me at the time and went ballistic - called telus the next day and reamed them out re privacy issues, ended up with and extra free half gb of data monthly and a $5/month discount for his new 2 year contract.

Long story short - it really looks like the heyday of good plans and heavily discounted devices is over now that 2 year plans are the norm. I'll be hanging on to my cheapo plan as long as possible (or until Wind gets their act together - if ever). Best case scenario if I switch plans to a new 2 year plan is paying roughly 1400 more for each phone plus the base amount for whatever device.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seks View Post
    What I have currently which I pay $70 on a MTM basis:

Unltd local min
    6GB data
    Package 15 (vm10, unltd txt, cid)
    200 canadian min
    Unltd international txt
    CC
    CW

Just got off the phone with LnR. What they can offer for $80:

Unltd Cdn Min
    4GB Data
    Unltd txt and vid msg across canada
    Unltd international txt (don't think it incl vid msg???)
    CID
    CW
    CC
    VM25

She also mentioned that that $80 already has the BYOD discount included.

Thoughts??? I was pushing for 5GB but she could only add 4 or below, or 7 or higher.
    This is only remotely decent if it's with a Premium Smartphone subsidy on a 2-year plan. $80 for that plan on BYOD is only $5 less than the regular Telus plan on the website.

You're much better off keeping your existing plan. If you really need unlimited CAD minutes, there's a $15 add-on that turns your local minutes into Canada-wide, which means your plan would be $85 for 6GB, a much better deal in my opinion - and you might be able to get L&R to discount the add-on for you if that's all you're looking to change.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradinvancouver View Post
    On another note, had a really nasty LnR lady basically berate me for taking advantage of telus for the past two years for using a plan not from my province.
    Why talk to hostile people? Stop there, ask for her name and then say 'thanks but I don't want to talk to you' and hang up. Send Telus support an email with her name and how you were berated at and as a customer, this is unacceptable.

Keep calling back until you get a nicer person. There is no excuse to be a rude a******.

Device(s)
    iphone 4 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    What $15 unlimited calling add-on?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiankorean View Post
    What $15 unlimited calling add-on?
    It's not unlimited calling, it just changes your local minutes to Canada-wide minutes. So if your plan includes 200 local mins, it will make them 200 Canada-wide mins. The previous poster has unlimited local minutes, so the add-on would make them unlimited Canada-wide minutes.

Device(s)
    iphone 4 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    It's not unlimited calling, it just changes your local minutes to Canada-wide minutes. So if your plan includes 200 local mins, it will make them 200 Canada-wide mins. The previous poster has unlimited local minutes, so the add-on would make them unlimited Canada-wide minutes.
    Ah thanks!

I was hoping for an unlimited calling addon to take my plan up to $70+.
    I really don't want to give up my $55 6gb plan...

Feedback Score
    This is only remotely decent if it's with a Premium Smartphone subsidy on a 2-year plan. $80 for that plan on BYOD is only $5 less than the regular Telus plan on the website.

You're much better off keeping your existing plan. If you really need unlimited CAD minutes, there's a $15 add-on that turns your local minutes into Canada-wide, which means your plan would be $85 for 6GB, a much better deal in my opinion - and you might be able to get L&R to discount the add-on for you if that's all you're looking to change.
    Where do you see $15? If I remember, I only saw $10 (100 LD Canadian minutes) or $20 (unltd LD Canadian minutes).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiankorean View Post
    I have a $25 voice (300mins) and $30 6gb plan. Is there a way to add unlimited calling for $20more so I can get a subsidy?
    Does telus have an add-on like that for long time clients? I've been with them for 14 yrs.
    Are you for Real? Do the math. For a one time Subsidy on a Hardware you are willing to pay $20 a month + Tax X 24 months = $537.60 with Tax more. It just doesn't make sense.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seks View Post
    Where do you see $15? If I remember, I only saw $10 (100 LD Canadian minutes) or $20 (unltd LD Canadian minutes).
    http://www.telus.com/en/on/mobility/...g-distance.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    Are you for Real? Do the math. For a one time Subsidy on a Hardware you are willing to pay $20 a month + Tax X 24 months = $537.60 with Tax more. It just doesn't make sense.
    The value of a 2-year subsidy on an iPhone 6s 64GB is $563.87 after tax (in Ontario anyway), so "doing the math" in this case would lean in favour of the contract renewal, even at $20 more per month on the plan.

See math below:
    Telus iPhone 2-year: $530 + 13% HST = $598.90
    Unlocked iPhone: $1029 + 13% HST = $1162.77
    Difference: $1162.77 - $598.90 = $563.87

Or $499 + whatever the taxes are in your province.

Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 15 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast