Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Device(s)
    iphone 4 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    Are you for Real? Do the math. For a one time Subsidy on a Hardware you are willing to pay $20 a month + Tax X 24 months = $537.60 with Tax more. It just doesn't make sense.
    For unlimited calling, yes.
    For the same minutes just for subsidy no.

My work is willing to subsidize part of my plan but that also means more calls in north america..

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Why talk to hostile people? Stop there, ask for her name and then say 'thanks but I don't want to talk to you' and hang up. Send Telus support an email with her name and how you were berated at and as a customer, this is unacceptable.

Keep calling back until you get a nicer person. There is no excuse to be a rude a******.
    I have never had a rude csr like that before. Only one that would not budge or give me anything.
    Once the csr tells me that they can not do anything more, I just say thank you and call back another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuelled by rice

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I called in yesterday to see what we can get since our contract is up for renewal in a month. Right now we have a business plan with 2 lines and were given 2 S4s almost 2 years ago for free, each plan is:
    Unlmtd nat wide talk and text
    1 GB data
    call waiting, caller ID, voice mail
    $55 each plus tax = $124.30

IMO it is a pretty good plan. Only thing I would really like is more data (not needed though if I don't let my son use my phone) and calling and texting to the US and while in the US. I saw somebody here a few months back had that for a good price but I can't seem to get that. I was offered this:
    ULMD ntwide talk and text
    1.5 GB (3 GB shared)
    text while in US and here in Canada
    call disp, call waiting, vm
    S6 64gb x 2 at $200 each
    $145 + tax = 163.85

So we would be paying about $40 more for almost the same as what I have (they gave me the texting while in US now, but not while home). After the $200 for each phone and the extra cost it works out to $1400 for 2 S6 64GB. I am not sure, but can you get the phones cheaper if you don't buy from Telus? I go to the US every month so I could get one there. Not sure how hard they are to unlock...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmina View Post
    I called in yesterday to see what we can get since our contract is up for renewal in a month. Right now we have a business plan with 2 lines and were given 2 S4s almost 2 years ago for free, each plan is:
    Unlmtd nat wide talk and text
    1 GB data
    call waiting, caller ID, voice mail
    $55 each plus tax = $124.30

IMO it is a pretty good plan. Only thing I would really like is more data (not needed though if I don't let my son use my phone) and calling and texting to the US and while in the US. I saw somebody here a few months back had that for a good price but I can't seem to get that. I was offered this:
    ULMD ntwide talk and text
    1.5 GB (3 GB shared)
    text while in US and here in Canada
    call disp, call waiting, vm
    S6 64gb x 2 at $200 each
    $145 + tax = 163.85

So we would be paying about $40 more for almost the same as what I have (they gave me the texting while in US now, but not while home). After the $200 for each phone and the extra cost it works out to $1400 for 2 S6 64GB. I am not sure, but can you get the phones cheaper if you don't buy from Telus? I go to the US every month so I could get one there. Not sure how hard they are to unlock...
    I would keep the plan and ask for BYOD discount now so you can get the savings right away. Then you call them again to negotiate a new deal. At least while you're negotiating, you are already saving at least 10% of your monthly bill.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    Telus: $40 Student 50 Plan MTM ($10 BYOD): - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
    Cable/Internet: Total: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
    Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsatics View Post
    I would keep the plan and ask for BYOD discount now so you can get the savings right away. Then you call them again to negotiate a new deal. At least while you're negotiating, you are already saving at least 10% of your monthly bill.

Thanks. I didn't realize I could get a 10% discount with my plan. I will have to wait and see since I am not actually up for renewal yet (have 8 days until the device balance is waived, but I think it isn't actually up until around Christmas).

I found a LG S4 for under $300 US, but it is a international version and no warranty. I wonder how you know for sure you aren't getting a fake?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seks
    What I have currently have which I pay $65 on a MTM basis:

Unltd local min
    6GB data
    Package 15 (vm10, unltd txt, cid)
    100 canadian min
    Unltd international txt
    CC
    CW
    I just called and they can offer...

Unltd Canadian min
    6GB data
    Unltd international txt
    CC
    CW

All for $80. Seems like they're just knocking out $5 from the $20 add-on unlimited Canadian.

I asked about a discounted S6 but CSR told me there isn't any discount for that phone right now.

Thoughts?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seks View Post

Unltd Canadian min
    6GB data
    Unltd international txt
    CC
    CW

All for $80. Seems like they're just knocking out $5 from the $20 add-on unlimited Canadian.

I asked about a discounted S6 but CSR told me there isn't any discount for that phone right now.

Thoughts?
    That seems like a pretty great deal to me. They offered me a similar plan for $72.50 but only 1.5gb data. I bet at Christmas there will be a discount on the s6. That's what I want too (or possibly the G4).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge/Various tablets
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility/ "Tablet 5" + 2 Unpublished SMB plans
    Feedback Score

Unltd Canadian min
    6GB data
    Unltd international txt
    CC
    CW

Thoughts?
    Yeah decent deal in this day and age. Only better options I have seen lately with full subsidy are on corporate and SMB retentions generally where there are formal proposals from Bell or Rogers to switch over with multiple (minimums of 15+ or 5+) phones or in the SK and MB provinces.
    For corp I saw $55 for unlimited nationwide, 3GB shared. On SMB got basically same features for $60.

But avoid the S6. Crappy crappy crappy reception on the phone. I miss 1/5 of incoming calls on mine. Seriously, does anyone care about the phone part of these devices any longer? Also experiencing a relatively common bug where wifi hotspot mode no longer works and requires factory reset to fix. (Something to do with carrier preferences getting corrupted) Should have bought the LG G4
    Clearnet Digital PCS

We think everyone should be able to afford a wireless phone. That's why we were the first wireless company in North America to offer pay-by-the-second airtime, and why we don't charge an activation fee. NO scary contract to sign. Immediate national coverage. And a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Yes, it's finally time to get a wireless phone.
    f u t u r e . f r i e n d l y™

Best viewed with Netscape 3.0 at 800 x 600 resolution.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Que_Ball View Post
    But avoid the S6. Crappy crappy crappy reception on the phone. I miss 1/5 of incoming calls on mine. Seriously, does anyone care about the phone part of these devices any longer? Also experiencing a relatively common bug where wifi hotspot mode no longer works and requires factory reset to fix. (Something to do with carrier preferences getting corrupted) Should have bought the LG G4
    Really?! That sucks. I have read of issues with the G4 as well, so now I am even more torn. I have a S4 and I have had Samsung phones for many years and love them. My S4 is sometimes doing weird things though, but I don't know if it is Telus or the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Que_Ball View Post
    Yeah decent deal in this day and age. Only better options I have seen lately with full subsidy are on corporate and SMB retentions generally where there are formal proposals from Bell or Rogers to switch over with multiple (minimums of 15+ or 5+) phones or in the SK and MB provinces.
    For corp I saw $55 for unlimited nationwide, 3GB shared. On SMB got basically same features for $60.
    Wonder if I can get BYOD discount...so bring it from $80 down to $72?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wonder if I can get BYOD discount...so bring it from $80 down to $72?
    Why don't you keep your existing $65 plan and ask for BYOD? That will bring it down to $59 or $55 depending on the discount that you will get.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsatics View Post
    Why don't you keep your existing $65 plan and ask for BYOD? That will bring it down to $59 or $55 depending on the discount that you will get.

I guess the only thing I really want that's missing is unlimited Canadian. Whenever I go out of town, I find myself adding/deleting the $20 addon unlimited Canadian, even though I have 100 free Canadian min.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I guess the only thing I really want that's missing is unlimited Canadian. Whenever I go out of town, I find myself adding/deleting the $20 addon unlimited Canadian, even though I have 100 free Canadian min.
    It really depends on how often you will need that feature (unlimited LD Cdn). If you get a BYOD discount, you will have a monthly savings of $21 or $25 that you may or may not use to get the $20 LD addon. The only downside is if the $80 plan comes with a phone subsidy and you add the $20 addon almost monthly, they you are better off with the $80 plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus (since 2005), Digicel (Jamaica), Fido(retired in 2002)
    Feedback Score
    He makes a good point...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Telus
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, havent been bothering with phones and plans for a long time so im out of the loop. My contract with Fido has expired and i am on m2m, is there any chance that Telus could match or better my plan? And as a 'new' client, would they even bother at all? I'm just wondering if they would be interested in clients porting over from competition.

I have unlimited local calls, unlimited intl text, fido value pack with caller ID/VM/the works, 6gb data, all for about $70 plus tax.

I want something similar, but hopefully with canada-wide calls or better, NA wide calls since I sometimes call to the US. I can drop the data down to around 2-3gb, as I don't really use that much. Thcx

Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast