Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1184

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Feedback Score
    Any feedback on the plan that was offered to me would be great. The customer representative gave me:

Unlimited text
    300 minutes
    unlimited evenings and weekends etc
    and 1GB loyalty data for 50 bucks

However, I want a new phone (iphone 6s plus) and this would require me to buy out my phone. Do you think I can get the phone I want while keeping the price of my plan low (~50 bucks) maybe keeping the data or adding an extra GB to 2GBs?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Business plans have a $60 a month minimum to qualify for a hardware upgrade. Consumer plans are at $70 a month. Telus gives the best customer service (strictly my personal opinion- and no I do not nor have I ever been employed by Telus or their subsidiary entities). Koodo is a great option for consumer plans - no frills customer support with the same network coverage.

If you want subsidized hardware these are the numbers you need to keep in mind.

The plan they offered you is about average for the big 3 in market.

Step down to Koodo, Fido, virgin and wind are a different story.

You need to decide how much support you want. Loyalty is available only on the big 3. (In Ontario)

Best of luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daemonq View Post
    Business plans have a $60 a month minimum to qualify for a hardware upgrade. Consumer plans are at $70 a month. Telus gives the best customer service (strictly my personal opinion- and no I do not nor have I ever been employed by Telus or their subsidiary entities). Koodo is a great option for consumer plans - no frills customer support with the same network coverage.

If you want subsidized hardware these are the numbers you need to keep in mind.

The plan they offered you is about average for the big 3 in market.

Step down to Koodo, Fido, virgin and wind are a different story.

You need to decide how much support you want. Loyalty is available only on the big 3. (In Ontario)

Best of luck
    I suppose the best option would be to buy out the phone (iPhone 6s plus) with Telus and hope for about the same plan but with perhaps 1/2GB of loyalty extra? I've been with Telus for just under 10 years so I hope they will budge a bit. Not much, but maybe $55 with same plan and 2GB of data.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Buy the phone from Apple. Comes unlocked and saves you $50 in pointless charges.

Device(s)
    Motorola i857
    Carrier(s)
    Mike Network
    Feedback Score
    So the end of the good loyalty is gone and I just wasn't aware..

I'm on an old Voice and Data 65 plan with 6gb data, 100 ld for $65. They refuse to offer me anything but buying a phone outright.
    Last edited by KINgGh0sT; 12-28-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KINgGh0sT View Post

I'm on an old Voice and Data 65 plan with 6gb data, 100 ld for $65. They refuse to offer me anything but buying a phone outright.
    "Loyalty" is just a word to try to keep you paying the telco. The telco's are a business and have to keep you as a paying customer with the least expense in doing so. With changes in how plans are done, the wireless code, other possible competitors and the changes in technology, the telco's have to ensure they get as much from everyone as possible. Or at least to ensure they don't dilute their revenue from its very high margins that they continue to produce. Until there is REAL competition, it is better to refuse to "discount" as long as your options are limited.

Go for one of the new entrants if it works for you, (Wind, Videotron, Eastlink), or one of the other fourth carriers such as Sasktel, MTS, TBayTel, etc. If enough people take away their business from the big/pig 3, you will see changes. If we only switch between the big/pig 3, then nothing will change.

YMMV.
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KINgGh0sT View Post

Couldn't you add $5 worth of add on and get full device subsidy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ice1124 View Post
    Couldn't you add $5 worth of add on and get full device subsidy?
    I was offered 2 lines (1 new to Telus and 1 existing): 1 with unlimited nationwide, 1 with 300 local minutes+100 mins LD +unlimited after 6, both with 25VM, CID, call waiting and 6 gigs of shared data. They offered $160/month total with 2 new iphone 6s (we have to pay about $650 each for the phone), or $140/month if we bring our own phone? any thoughts? Or if I should ask for something else?

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceD11 View Post
    I was offered 2 lines (1 new to Telus and 1 existing): 1 with unlimited nationwide, 1 with 300 local minutes+100 mins LD +unlimited after 6, both with 25VM, CID, call waiting and 6 gigs of shared data. They offered $160/month total with 2 new iphone 6s (we have to pay about $650 each for the phone), or $140/month if we bring our own phone? any thoughts? Or if I should ask for something else?
    Is that $160 before taxes? I wouldn't pay that much for my use, but you may take advantage of all those minutes. Not a bad deal IMO.

I pay $140 including taxes for:

Line 1: $54 before HST
    500 local with nationwide Fav10
    5GB data - not shareable
    unlimited sms/mms
    VM3, CID, CW

Line 2: $70 before HST
    300 local + 100 LD
    2GB data - shareable
    unlimited sms/mms
    VM3, CID, CW

I would like the line 2 cost to be lower, but that's what I was able to get at the time for my wife's line with subsidized Note 4. We paid $100 for it about 10 months ago.
    The Future is Friendly... if you can pay for it.

Feedback Score
    yes $160 before taxes
    Line 1: $60 before tax
    unlimited nationwide minutes
    VM25, CID, CW
    unlimited text
    (includes Iphones 6s, I pay $560)

Line 2: $50
    300 minutes, 100 min LD
    VM25, CID, CW
    unlimited text
    (includes Iphone 6s, I pay $560)
    Free after 6pm

6 gig data shared between 2 lines
    Line 1 will be ported over from another carrier, so I might try to get a discount or something.

My wife talks all the time so the unlimited minutes makes sense, I use more data.
    We are basically paying that amount now, so we are getting phone upgrades with only half the initial cost of a new phone

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score
    Best offer I could get was $65/month with 5 GB of data and unlimited mins + choice of phone.
    Telus Client for over 13 years - My Plans:

$25/month + SAF/911/tax
    250 Daytime Mins // Unlimited Incoming // Unlimited E&W @ 6 pm // Unlimited Telus to Telus Nationwide // Unlimited Text Messaging // Business Bundle 10 // 100 Long Distance Mins

$57/month + SAF/911/tax
    1350 Daytime Mins // Unlimited Incoming // Unlimited E&W @ 5 pm // Unlimited Telus to Telus Nationwide // Unlimited Text Messaging // Business Bundle 10 // Corp 15

Feedback Score
    HellFireX.....those are business lines? Seem like pretty good deals

I was offered:
    2 lines:
    #1: unlimited nationwide minutes, VM25, CID, CW, unlimited texts and Iphone6S for $550
    #2: 300 mins, free at 6pm, 100 mins LD, VM25, CID, CW and Iphone6S for $650
    Plus 10GIG shareable data

all for $180/month + SAF/911/TAX

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceD11 View Post
    HellFireX.....those are business lines? Seem like pretty good deals

I was offered:
    2 lines:
    #1: unlimited nationwide minutes, VM25, CID, CW, unlimited texts and Iphone6S for $550
    #2: 300 mins, free at 6pm, 100 mins LD, VM25, CID, CW and Iphone6S for $650
    Plus 10GIG shareable data

all for $180/month + SAF/911/TAX
    Yes, business lines. Phone option did not include the Iphone 6S

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Just renewed early to go back to iPhone. They would not let me keep my old plan. So I got the following.

Unlimited Nation/us calling.
    Unlimited text.
    100 us text.
    6 gb data
    Voicemail 3
    Caller id, waiting, conference.

69$

Apparently it's a plan only available in Thunder Bay.

Feedback Score
    Question re plan/upgrade options as I think I'm in an unusual situation.

I've been a Telus customer since 1991, I have a Small Business plan, and I'm not really looking to go elsewhere. However, I need to get a new phone as my Nexus 4 is dying. And since I'm on month-to-month I have the flexibility to sign up for a new 2 year plan and I'm ok with a 2 year term. The 2 phones I was looking at were the Nexus 6P as it's Nexus and gets good reviews, or as a long shot the Blackberry Priv as it has an SD-card slot, seems to be getting good reviews and feels good for one-handed use (the Nexus should be ok once I get a non-slip case on it).

However, if I go to a 2 year plan I have to buy a phone, Telus only offers a 32GB 6P and I'd prefer a 64 or 128GB 6P or a phone with an SD-card slot phone as I store very little in the cloud because I don't always have cell or internet access at some of the places I travel to.

I've shown my current plan and usage at the bottom of this post. My question is, of the options Telus if offering me, (a) Are they reasonable deals, and (b) Which one is the best and (c) Is there another option I've missed?

1) Buy unlocked phone from non-Telus source and keep current month-to-month plan

2) Buy Priv from Telus @ $90, keep my current plan but price goes up from $85 to $90/month

3) Buy Nexus 6P 32GB from Telus for $0 (free), keep my current plan but price goes up from $85 to $90/month

Current plan @ $85/month :

Team Share XL+ 85 6GB - PDA including : Conference Calling, Call Display, Call Forward PPU Access, Outbound Call Display On, Basic Voice Mail, Call Waiting, LD Minutes Pooling PCS, Call Forward Pay Per Use, Canadian LD @ $0.60, Unlimited LD minutes, Text Messaging Services, MHSI APN Access, SPARK Sampler 3GB+3GB Shared Data, SMS / MMS Unlimited, 911 Emergency Access Charge, Preferred Canadian LD $0.45, New Bus Roam Ready US v3 $0.00 per month

Average monthly Usage : 800MB-1GB data, 400-500 SMS/MMS, 350-450 minutes of airtime
    Peak roaming requirements : 500-600 minutes in a month when I'm travelling, typically outside the US

TIA - R.

Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast