Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1184

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Feedback Score
    Best I could do in Toronto is unlimited nationwide talk and text and 5gb data for $70

Feedback Score
    multiple calls to LR....and the last 2 included threats to leave telus...instead of bring my wife from another carrier to Telus....
    2 lines (unlim canada talk/text), 10 gig shared, iphone voice mail $2/month/line, 2 new iphones 6s subsidized (64gig $528 each), plus $200 bill credit, for $204/month before tax? thoughts?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster99 View Post
    Question re plan/upgrade options as I think I'm in an unusual situation.

I've been a Telus customer since 1991, I have a Small Business plan, and I'm not really looking to go elsewhere. However, I need to get a new phone as my Nexus 4 is dying. And since I'm on month-to-month I have the flexibility to sign up for a new 2 year plan and I'm ok with a 2 year term. The 2 phones I was looking at were the Nexus 6P as it's Nexus and gets good reviews, or as a long shot the Blackberry Priv as it has an SD-card slot, seems to be getting good reviews and feels good for one-handed use (the Nexus should be ok once I get a non-slip case on it).

However, if I go to a 2 year plan I have to buy a phone, Telus only offers a 32GB 6P and I'd prefer a 64 or 128GB 6P or a phone with an SD-card slot phone as I store very little in the cloud because I don't always have cell or internet access at some of the places I travel to.

I've shown my current plan and usage at the bottom of this post. My question is, of the options Telus if offering me, (a) Are they reasonable deals, and (b) Which one is the best and (c) Is there another option I've missed?

1) Buy unlocked phone from non-Telus source and keep current month-to-month plan

2) Buy Priv from Telus @ $90, keep my current plan but price goes up from $85 to $90/month

3) Buy Nexus 6P 32GB from Telus for $0 (free), keep my current plan but price goes up from $85 to $90/month

Current plan @ $85/month :

Team Share XL+ 85 6GB - PDA including : Conference Calling, Call Display, Call Forward PPU Access, Outbound Call Display On, Basic Voice Mail, Call Waiting, LD Minutes Pooling PCS, Call Forward Pay Per Use, Canadian LD @ $0.60, Unlimited LD minutes, Text Messaging Services, MHSI APN Access, SPARK Sampler 3GB+3GB Shared Data, SMS / MMS Unlimited, 911 Emergency Access Charge, Preferred Canadian LD $0.45, New Bus Roam Ready US v3 $0.00 per month

Average monthly Usage : 800MB-1GB data, 400-500 SMS/MMS, 350-450 minutes of airtime
    Peak roaming requirements : 500-600 minutes in a month when I'm travelling, typically outside the US

TIA - R.
    If you roam that much outside the US wouldn't Rogers be cheaper for you? Their Roam like home spans the world almost now and lets you use your local plan.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox14 View Post
    Finally got around to calling Telus on Sunday - I've been wanting to switch to the Koodo $48 SK/MB plan after I found out about it, but at the same time, I also wanted a new(er) phone and wasn't thrilled about paying outright for it, so figured I'd give Telus a rink to see what they could do.

I was on a Voice/Data 60 - 200 local + 1GB + fave 10. They were "giving" me caller ID or something for $5/month (now it's included with all plans) so I was paying $65/month total. Called to tell them I'm using on average 20 mins of voice/month, so I was looking to get a cheaper rate. Also, I've been off a contract for over a year and my rates haven't changed (didn't know about a BYOD discount).

Her first offer was the unlimited voice + 1gb of data straight from the website for $65/month. I repeated that I wasn't looking for more minutes, just a cheaper plan. Second offer was the 300 mins + 1gb for $55/month, again straight from the website. I told her that was great, but as a customer of 8 or 9 years, I was under the impression that I was getting a deal from Telus, not paying MORE for less services. Told her that didn't make any sense whatsoever. She agreed, and gave me a whopping $5/month off that plan.

Going to call back today and try and discuss a new device since they don't automatically take the BYOD discount like the other companies do, I've essentially been over paying for the last year or so. So at the very least, I'm going to ask for a few hundred bucks off a new device - but we'll see if they let me renew on a contract with a cheaper rate plan. It just doesn't make any sense how they're working things....you'd think their best option would be to lock people into contracts, and they're trying to 'entice' people into signing a plan by charging them way more? It's just totally backwards.
    i'm on your old plan for 65 with my own device. I want a new iphone and that plan or better. Seems like new iphones start at 75. Bull.

i didn't know there's a byod discount. ive always bought my phones since 2008 and have been off contract since. But now i dont wanna buy a new phone...

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    I have two line: first is $55 MB plan with unlimited nationwide calling and 2 GB and second is $55 loyalty plan with 1000 nationwide minutes and 500 MB of flex data. My first line has shareable data but TELUS says I cannot share the data with a second line. I'm getting a 10% BYOD discount on both lines.

I have been considering getting new phones, but I will definitely not be able to hold onto my plan if I do and the second line will either require transferring to a more expensive plan or adding features to bring it to a minimum of $60. This would allow me to upgrade to the Moto X Play or lesser handset.

The best they have offered is a $65 Northern Ontario plan with 500 or 1000 nationwide minutes and 2 GB of data. I tried for the $60 Thunderbay plan and that was a definite no.

Any suggestions?
    Clearnet/TELUS Customer since 2001:
    MB Talk & Text - 2GB Share = Unlimited mins / Unlimited Canadian LD / Unlimited SMS / 2 GB = $55 + taxes

Click this for a free day of US talk and SMS on Roam Mobility! | Click this for free 2.5 GB Dropbox!

Feedback Score
    I got a 6S on contract a couple months ago and I called Telus to see what they could give me.

for $56 I got:

Unlimited local calling
    100 long distance minutes
    Unlimited nationwide text, picture and video messaging1
    Voice Mail 25, call display, call waiting and conference calling
    Unlimited family calling
    and accessed to shared data

this is all on my 6S on contact

how is it? can I possibly get better or cheaper?
    I don't need nationwide calling so local is fine

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hnijhar View Post
    I got a 6S on contract a couple months ago and I called Telus to see what they could give me.

for $56 I got:

Unlimited local calling
    100 long distance minutes
    Unlimited nationwide text, picture and video messaging1
    Voice Mail 25, call display, call waiting and conference calling
    Unlimited family calling
    and accessed to shared data

this is all on my 6S on contact

how is it? can I possibly get better or cheaper?
    I don't need nationwide calling so local is fine
    $56 with no data? How much shareable data do you already have? I personally wouldn't take that unless I already have more than 4GB of data to share.
    The Future is Friendly... if you can pay for it.

Feedback Score
    I have 10gb shared between the three lines which I pay $85 for.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I have an old plan with lots of free features added, and some were expiring. Anyway my call was not very good, had to reduce my text allotment from 2500 to 300 and will pay about $1 more per month. But my total will still be below $50 (with 1Gb of data included) and below my actual usage. Though Koodoo (SK) is starting to look more and more appealing for sure.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    I have an old plan with lots of features added, and some were expiring. Anyway my call was not very good, ad to reduce my text allotment from 2500 to 300 and will pay about $1 more per month. But my total will still be below $50 (with 1Gb of data included) and below my actual usage. Though Koodoo (SK) is starting to look more and more appealing for sure.
    Think you can do better than that. The 1 GB is pretty good at that price but you should be able to get unlimited SMS too. I would try calling back in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hi Guys,
    I am one month away from the end of a 2 year contract that I got through my company's employee purchase plan. I had my eye on the Iphone 6 (16GB). I looked at both my EPP dealer's website and Telus' website. They both have that phone for $0 on new activations.

My biggest peev is that as a loyal customer I have to pay for the phone yet a newbie gets it for free. Is it realistic for me to expect Telus to give me that phone for $0 or I walk. If new activations are the only ones entitled to sweet deals then I might as well switch companies every two years.

Another option I was thinking of would be to port my number to some place where I can temporarily park it and then just go with a new activation and then forward calls from my old number.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckStorm View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I am one month away from the end of a 2 year contract that I got through my company's employee purchase plan. I had my eye on the Iphone 6 (16GB). I looked at both my EPP dealer's website and Telus' website. They both have that phone for $0 on new activations.

My biggest peev is that as a loyal customer I have to pay for the phone yet a newbie gets it for free. Is it realistic for me to expect Telus to give me that phone for $0 or I walk. If new activations are the only ones entitled to sweet deals then I might as well switch companies every two years.

Another option I was thinking of would be to port my number to some place where I can temporarily park it and then just go with a new activation and then forward calls from my old number.
    I just peeked at the TELUS site. It lists the iPhone 6 for $150 and the iPhone SE for $0. I'm in Ontario.

I would call Loyalty and see what they say.

If you think you can get a better deal as a new customer then port out and open a new account. If you port to Koodo or Public Mobile then you don't even have to unlock your phone and the ports are done very quickly since they're both flanker brands for TELUS.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckStorm View Post
    Hi Guys,

I would call loyalty&retention a few times before going with the porting route. From my experience, L&R should be able to at least match the new customer offer. Good luck.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Well as a loyal customer, I had an offer last november on my daughters phone. We got the Iphone 6s Plus with 128gb.

We had 0 left on the device, and somehow I misread the web page, and was sure I didn't have to pay very much, but it ended up I had to pay them $1200

I see it is now $690 for 2 year term. They even helped me get it online, never stating I had to pay that much. That is my worst ever purchase with Telus, although my daughter loves the phone. I should have took a screenshot of my offer, but didn't think about it.

I am still happy enough with Telus, just hate the higher prices phones have took in the last few years.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by windrider View Post
    Well as a loyal customer, I had an offer last november on my daughters phone. We got the Iphone 6s Plus with 128gb.

We had 0 left on the device, and somehow I misread the web page, and was sure I didn't have to pay very much, but it ended up I had to pay them $1200

I see it is now $690 for 2 year term. They even helped me get it online, never stating I had to pay that much. That is my worst ever purchase with Telus, although my daughter loves the phone. I should have took a screenshot of my offer, but didn't think about it.

I am still happy enough with Telus, just hate the higher prices phones have took in the last few years.
    You chose the most expensive phone in the market. If you signed a new contract and didn't have any device balance from the previous contract, you should not have paid for the outright price.. as long as your plan cost was same or higher than their minimum at the time.

That's why I won't ever buy a phone on contract again, I'm going to hold onto my $60 5GB/500 minutes/10 nationwide faves/unlimited msg plan as long as I can and buy my phones outright for somewhere in $500-$600 range.

Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast