Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1184

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckStorm View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I am one month away from the end of a 2 year contract that I got through my company's employee purchase plan. I had my eye on the Iphone 6 (16GB). I looked at both my EPP dealer's website and Telus' website. They both have that phone for $0 on new activations.

My biggest peev is that as a loyal customer I have to pay for the phone yet a newbie gets it for free. Is it realistic for me to expect Telus to give me that phone for $0 or I walk. If new activations are the only ones entitled to sweet deals then I might as well switch companies every two years.

Another option I was thinking of would be to port my number to some place where I can temporarily park it and then just go with a new activation and then forward calls from my old number.
    Just an update...
    Called Telus and they gave me the $0 promo.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ice1124 View Post
    You chose the most expensive phone in the market. If you signed a new contract and didn't have any device balance from the previous contract, you should not have paid for the outright price.. as long as your plan cost was same or higher than their minimum at the time.

That's why I won't ever buy a phone on contract again, I'm going to hold onto my $60 5GB/500 minutes/10 nationwide faves/unlimited msg plan as long as I can and buy my phones outright for somewhere in $500-$600 range.
    I don't blame you. I didn't have any device balance on it , and I did do a new contract with the same as I had previously. I should call them a second time and see.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have called several times and the best I could get was the following Small Business Plan:

$80+HST
    Unlimited Canada/US talk/text
    3GB shareable data (Canada Only)
    iPhone Visual Voicemail + rest of the usual bells and whistles

Did not have to renew contract for my 3 lines to get this $80+HST per line.

Thoughts? Can I do better? Thanks.
    ---------------MY ARSENAL--------------

HoFo Feedback

Ebay Feedback

Heatwave Feedback

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
    I have called several times and the best I could get was the following Small Business Plan:

$80+HST
    Unlimited Canada/US talk/text
    3GB shareable data (Canada Only)
    iPhone Visual Voicemail + rest of the usual bells and whistles

Did not have to renew contract for my 3 lines to get this $80+HST per line.

Thoughts? Can I do better? Thanks.
    That's not bad at all considering you didn't have to renew your contract. Not as good as my current grandfathered plan, but I'd take it if I need something better than the market plan. 3GB is not enough for me in some months, so I'd consider asking for more data personally. Your needs may be different, so if you feel 3GB is enough and you need that unlimited Canada/US talk&text, it's a pretty decent deal IMO.
    The Future is Friendly... if you can pay for it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you very much for the feedback. Yes unfortunately we use a lot of minutes as well a a good amount of US calling so do need that. 3GB is tight but 1 of the 3 users doesn't use it so pooled together I will try and make it work.

Only real problem left is that Telus Roam Ready is garbage and we need the $5/day or $7/day option instead of getting charged $30 data and $20 calling when roaming in he US for 1 to 2 days per month (live in a border city).

Has anyone been able to get US data or US roaming calling built into a decent retention plan? They said it was impossible on small business plans.

That's not bad at all considering you didn't have to renew your contract. Not as good as my current grandfathered plan, but I'd take it if I need something better than the market plan. 3GB is not enough for me in some months, so I'd consider asking for more data personally. Your needs may be different, so if you feel 3GB is enough and you need that unlimited Canada/US talk&text, it's a pretty decent deal IMO.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
    Thank you very much for the feedback. Yes unfortunately we use a lot of minutes as well a a good amount of US calling so do need that. 3GB is tight but 1 of the 3 users doesn't use it so pooled together I will try and make it work.

Only real problem left is that Telus Roam Ready is garbage and we need the $5/day or $7/day option instead of getting charged $30 data and $20 calling when roaming in he US for 1 to 2 days per month (live in a border city).

Has anyone been able to get US data or US roaming calling built into a decent retention plan? They said it was impossible on small business plans.
    Have you tried telling them that you'd leave for WIND for their plan that includes US roaming?
    http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-d...ns#phone-plans
    Their $60/mo. plan is on promotion for $55/mo. for 10 months -- includes 1GB of away zone/US data and 10GB of home data. I guess the data use over the full-speed allotment will be throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's a great deal for US data and roaming calling too. Any idea how good the Wind Network would be? I'm used to Telus and Bell network here in Windsor.

Have you tried telling them that you'd leave for WIND for their plan that includes US roaming?
    http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-d...ns#phone-plans
    Their $60/mo. plan is on promotion for $55/mo. for 10 months -- includes 1GB of away zone/US data and 10GB of home data. I guess the data use over the full-speed allotment will be throttled.

Feedback Score
    Hi Guys,
    I am one month away from the end of a 2 year contract that I got through my company's employee purchase plan. I had my eye on the Iphone 6 (16GB). I looked at both my EPP dealer's website and Telus' website. They both have that phone for $0 on new activations.

My biggest peev is that as a loyal customer I have to pay for the phone yet a newbie gets it for free. Is it realistic for me to expect Telus to give me that phone for $0 or I walk. If new activations are the only ones entitled to sweet deals then I might as well switch companies every two years.

Another option I was thinking of would be to port my number to some place where I can temporarily park it and then just go with a new activation and then forward calls from my old number.

Just an update...
    Another update. When I called Telus a month ago the rep I talked to told me they would honour the promo and just let them know whenever I need the new phone. Called today, as my contract expires in a few days, and the person I spoke to today flat out refused to extend the promo to me. I told him to check if the previous agent had left some notes and he claims there were no notes to that effect.

My only other option is to just sign up as a new user. I was planning to port out my number to some service that allows me to park the number. I then set up a new Telus account and then port back my number to Telus. Is this even possible? Anyone know good services that let me park the number?

Feedback Score
    Porting out and coming back is not an issue.

You can even go on prepaid with any carrier and go back to Telus.

Do you really want to have a credit check made on you though... that is the question.

Feedback Score
    Just an update...
    Quote Originally Posted by dazn View Post
    Porting out and coming back is not an issue.

You can even go on prepaid with any carrier and go back to Telus.

Do you really want to have a credit check made on you though... that is the question.
    Thanks, dazn. I have no problem with a credit check as I have already made all my big ticket purchases.

How long do I have to be away from TELUS before I can port back in? To minimize my costs, I was planning on porting my number to some parking service vs. buying a pay as you go cellphone.

I am keen to know if there are any gotchas when it comes to porting in and out of TELUS. Also, I was looking at porting back my original number to replace my newly assigned promo number.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried talking to the loyalty csr? If you did, always ask for a reference number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuelled by rice

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by windrider View Post
    I don't blame you. I didn't have any device balance on it , and I did do a new contract with the same as I had previously. I should call them a second time and see.
    So I called them again, but she said they couldn't help. Said they could only help within 30 days of the initial setup. Being it was the 6S 128GB, that phone was worth $1500 I guess. She did however give my $10 off my monthly on my additional 10GB shared data plan. So lesson learned. Will take screenshot of My offer, plus make sure to check everything within the month.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Anyone negotiated a voice only plan recently? I would like to add my mother to my account. She has a prepaid plan currently with Fido.
    Telus: $40 Student 50 Plan MTM ($10 BYOD): - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
    Cable/Internet: Total: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
    Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)

Feedback Score
    ^I would switch her to Chatr $20 a month for unlimited local calling & if you use Auto Top Payments from your Credit Card they will give you a $10 credit for 8 months = $80.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^I would switch her to Chatr $20 a month for unlimited local calling & if you use Auto Top Payments from your Credit Card they will give you a $10 credit for 8 months = $80.
    Thanks! I will check Chatr.

Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast