Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1192

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Feedback Score
    I said byebye to Telus yesterday after 17 years with them. I called retention and they didn't try to offer me anything to keep me, he just offered me what was on the Telus website. I have the 55$ 5 gigs plan so I guess he saw that he couldn't offert me anything close to that and didn't feel like making an effort. So this morning I went with Koodo (technically still Telus but not really) and got the 51$ 6 gigs plan and everywhere in Canada plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emixam View Post
    I said byebye to Telus yesterday after 17 years with them. I called retention and they didn't try to offer me anything to keep me, he just offered me what was on the Telus website. I have the 55$ 5 gigs plan so I guess he saw that he couldn't offert me anything close to that and didn't feel like making an effort. So this morning I went with Koodo (technically still Telus but not really) and got the 51$ 6 gigs plan and everywhere in Canada plan.
    Nice plan from koodo

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emixam View Post
    Which province are you in?
    If you are in Ontario, how did you get that Koodo plan?

My father was offered device discount available for $80 plans, but he was allowed to keep his $75/mo. plan.
    So he ended up getting an iPhone 6S with 128gb for $130 without changing his plan.
    The Future is Friendly... if you can pay for it.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    First call to loyalty was keep my plan and iPhone 7 128GB for $330 or some $90/month biz share plan with 5GB data and phone for $30 - 2 yr contract for both.

I'm okay with keeping my plan if I could get another GB data and current phone unlocked. Think I'll call in again tomorrow.
    Van G

Que SB V&D 60 3GB - iPhone 6 64GB

Device(s)
    HTC One M8, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If you qualify for a corporate plan, and I know not everybody does. You can get 4 GB of data for the same price as the 2 GB of data on promotion. Its $24.50 after the 30% discount plus you would need one of the 3 voice plans offered.
    I can be in Canada/US and use in Canada/US for $75 taxes in. Thank god I'm on a corporate plan.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    I asked them to match the Fido plan so their offer after running in circles for 20 minutes was :

$65/month
    BYOD (I have to pay off the device which is ok)
    Unlimited canada talk
    Unlimited international text+mms
    4GB data.

Not pleased at all since Fido is offering 6GB for $60 and a 10%off for a second line (Telus offers nada)

Device(s)
    Moto X SkyNET edition
    Carrier(s)
    To be determined
    Feedback Score
    Give Koodo a call, see what they can do for you.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
    Give Koodo a call, see what they can do for you.
    No. I hate telus (and koodo is telus). I have been with them for 6 years now, and their entire operation is a farce. The first few "offers" the rep gave me were more expensive than the offers on the web site. He started off with a spiel about how he is trying to do his best for me because I am a loyal customer and not because fido has a better plan - and then comes up with a plan more expensive than the one on the web site (?!) When I pointed that out - a 2 GB bonus came out of nowhere and $10 credit (both for 2 years) if I go with an in-market plan. Thats how he got the 4GB for $65.

I have had it with Telus's operations. They are way too greedy. They were'nt like this a couple of years ago but now their greed is too much. From their plans, loyalty, roam like home to everything they do now you can see the greed.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    I have had it with Telus's operations. They are way too greedy. They were'nt like this a couple of years ago but now their greed is too much. From their plans, loyalty, roam like home to everything they do now you can see the greed.
    The culture at Telus has changed with the CEO. That said, you're gonna find Rogers and Bell even worse if you're thinking down that route.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    That's absolutely right. You will encounter the same type of problems from any of the Big 3. Loyalty doesn't give you the same leverage as before. I would look for the best plan that you could possibly have and just stick to it for as long as you can.

I have been month to month for more than 2 years now using an old $50 plan that was discounted further by $10 for as long as I can keep it.
    Telus: $40 Student 50 Plan MTM ($10 BYOD): - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
    Cable/Internet: Total: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
    Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Well Telus reps (not one of them but rather all the ones I talked to at retentions) were quite hostile! They try to hammer down the concept of " we don't compete with X, we are doing you a favour". The loyalty plans were costlier than the ones online!! What a joke. They are *******s.

I remember when Telus made me pay $30 because I went over by daytime minutes sometime this year. It was a one off incident and an emergency in my family was why I needed minutes. They were incoming calls. Telus didn't budge when I asked them if I can add the $3 add-on for extra minutes. Seriously 5 years of $180+ on 2 lines, and they insist on every penny they could get. Loyalty matters jack crap to them.

I am giving them the boot tomorrow. Going with Fido. 4GB is enough for me but giving Telus the boot is priceless.

Oh and the reason why Telus customer service scores so high is because people don't complain anymore since Telus doesn't care.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by xtachx; 12-31-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Feedback Score
    I have to agree Telus is not what it once was.. I migrated from Telus over to koodo recently... Telus retentions would only offer me plans that were open to everyone.. all they wanted to do was send me over to koodo... So I took the offer and ran
    The downside to koodo for me is not having the roaming option when in the states that I had with Telus.. I am saving about 40 a month moving over to koodo and I keep my same plan unlimited calling with 6 gigs data
    I can learn to use local sims when I travel again for the price difference

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    After being with Telus since 2001, it looks like I'll be porting out one of my two lines (currently on $70 unlimited local/2GB/100LD/msg) to Bell for their EPP plan (200 nationwide min./3GB/msg for $60)
    I tried to get Telus to match Bell's EPP plan for $60 as well as full device subsidy, but the L&R agent didn't budge.

I'll keep my own number with Telus, since I got 500 local, 10 nationwide faves, and 5GB data for $60 on that line.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I found that it helps more when you call closer to their closing time and the retentions reps are more willing to budge. Sometimes I would still have to call multiple times. Always get a reference number if they offer you something that you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuelled by rice

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    ^

I'll give the one more chance tonight and that's it. I'll port to Bell tomorrow before the sale ends.

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast