Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1184

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by racerboy88 View Post
    I found that it helps more when you call closer to their closing time and the retentions reps are more willing to budge. Sometimes I would still have to call multiple times. Always get a reference number if they offer you something that you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it helps I called in the evening by their closing time. They were pretty hostile. I mean dont get me wrong, but it sounds like the employees are actually doing their best, but probably they are either evaluated based on how much they dont give or company policy gives them like $100 to "give away" per day or something pretty drastic. I talked to 3-4 people and all of them were pretty hostile. Clearly its not one person having a bad day they actually sound stressed.

I think the telcos took the easy way out to make quick money by using those share plans. Now they are finding it hard to bring growth and are penny pinching here and there since people are resisting to paying more. Also, wind is starting up, in fact they account for 50% of the new activations in the last report! . I guess once wind gets AB, BC and southern ON on LTE, the prices will have to drop.

Then there was this: http://business.financialpost.com/fp..._lsa=0804-3713

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    If it helps I called in the evening by their closing time. They were pretty hostile. I mean dont get me wrong, but it sounds like the employees are actually doing their best, but probably they are either evaluated based on how much they dont give or company policy gives them like $100 to "give away" per day or something pretty drastic. I talked to 3-4 people and all of them were pretty hostile. Clearly its not one person having a bad day they actually sound stressed.

I think the telcos took the easy way out to make quick money by using those share plans. Now they are finding it hard to bring growth and are penny pinching here and there since people are resisting to paying more. Also, wind is starting up, in fact they account for 50% of the new activations in the last report! . I guess once wind gets AB, BC and southern ON on LTE, the prices will have to drop.

Then there was this: http://business.financialpost.com/fp..._lsa=0804-3713
    Calling them a few minutes before closing time used to be my go-to strategy and it worked. But now, everything changed. The 'retention' offers are just bad. There was a time when I called retention to renew my call display credit. I asked if they have interesting offers that includes a phone subsidy and they quoted me a plan that has less
    features, less data and almost twice the amount I am currently paying! So I said to myself, as long as they continually renew my call display every 2 years, I will keep this plan for as long as I can.
    Telus: $40 Student 50 Plan MTM ($10 BYOD): - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
    Cable/Internet: Total: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
    Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)

Feedback Score
    From my experience none of big 3 care about regular residential customers anymore. However, atleast at Telus business customers are handled by a different team and they seemed to have more power in giving out deals.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsatics View Post
    Calling them a few minutes before closing time used to be my go-to strategy and it worked. But now, everything changed. The 'retention' offers are just bad. There was a time when I called retention to renew my call display credit. I asked if they have interesting offers that includes a phone subsidy and they quoted me a plan that has less
    features, less data and almost twice the amount I am currently paying! So I said to myself, as long as they continually renew my call display every 2 years, I will keep this plan for as long as I can.
    I am shocked they let you keep the $10 BYOD since they got rid of the BYOD credit a year back.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    I am shocked they let you keep the $10 BYOD since they got rid of the BYOD credit a year back.
    As far as I know there is no expiry on my BYOD discount. But I do keep an eye on my bill every month in case they make changes.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Telus small business plan loyalty

My gf needed a new phone and I felt like I was paying too much $85 for 300 min and 500mb, she was paying $65 for 5 gigs but didn't wanna shell out $750 for a new phone (telus wouldn't allow her to renew with phone subsidy on sask plan) this is what we got...

Telus small business plan
    6gb shared
    Two free iPhone 6s 32gb
    Unlimited calling Canada wide
    Unlimited text international
    Voicemail 25
    Caller ID
    Roam ready (free texting while abroad no fee for small business, $20 per billing cycle to use data and calling from plan)

$130 a month for both lines!

They even waived my device balance $125 on my personal account when I migrated

I did speak to small business loyalty department first as sales department were completely incompetent or wouldn't budge on a loyalty offer.

I see now the same plan is only 4gb and $75 a month per line and free s7 and iPhone se.

Glad I snagged this!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately you've been had. That is NOT how roam ready works and I have been fighting with telus small business for a year over their stupid roaming options. It's $20/month to use US minutes PLUS $30/500mb not per month. So if you go to Florida for a week expect to pay $20 for calling yes but expect to pay $30/500mb like I did 5 times in a week for $150 data charge. It's nuts.

Telus business needs a $5/day us data like rogers and bell or I am done with telus and we all should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    My gf needed a new phone and I felt like I was paying too much $85 for 300 min and 500mb, she was paying $65 for 5 gigs but didn't wanna shell out $750 for a new phone (telus wouldn't allow her to renew with phone subsidy on sask plan) this is what we got...

6gb shared
    Two free iPhone 6s 32gb
    Voicemail 25
    Caller ID
    Roam ready (free texting while abroad no fee for small business, $20 per billing cycle to use data and calling from plan)

I did speak to small business loyalty department first as sales department were completely incompetent or wouldn't budge on a loyalty offer.

I see now the same plan is only 4gb and $75 a month per line and free s7 and iPhone se.

Glad I snagged this!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
    Unfortunately you've been had. That is NOT how roam ready works and I have been fighting with telus small business for a year over their stupid roaming options. It's $20/month to use US minutes PLUS $30/500mb not per month. So if you go to Florida for a week expect to pay $20 for calling yes but expect to pay $30/500mb like I did 5 times in a week for $150 data charge. It's nuts.

Telus business needs a $5/day us data like rogers and bell or I am done with telus and we all should be.
    I was told by both the rep and the dealer the new plans have the new roam ready packages (as roam ready for personal is awssome) the reason I kept from going to small businesses because it was crap. Anyway, apparently roam ready has changed in the last month for all new plans maybe, you're on an old plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was told by both the rep and the dealer the new plans have the new roam ready packages (as roam ready for personal is awssome) the reason I kept from going to small businesses because it was crap. Anyway, apparently roam ready has changed in the last month for all new plans maybe, you're on an old plan?
    Yes my plan is about a year old I will call tomorrow.

Awesome I hope you are correct. Website still says $30/500mb http://business.telus.com/en/business/us-roaming/roam-ready

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

6gb shared
    Two free iPhone 6s 32gb
    Voicemail 25
    Caller ID

Glad I snagged this!!
    What proof do you have to provide them to give you access to business plans?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsatics View Post
    What proof do you have to provide them to give you access to business plans?
    The loyalty rep I dealt with asked for proof of my company. A sales rep will probably just ask ask for a company name to get the sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
    Yes my plan is about a year old I will call tomorrow.

Awesome I hope you are correct. Website still says $30/500mb http://business.telus.com/en/busines...ing/roam-ready
    I've got an update. I called Telus back because I was paranoid about what you said. Apparently I was given a 'North America' loyalty plan which is why the roam ready is differtent. It's an un advertised plan.

Hope that helps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You're the man. I'll keep investigating. You may have solved the Telus screws small business clients for US data problem.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've got an update. I called Telus back because I was paranoid about what you said. Apparently I was given a 'North America' loyalty plan which is why the roam ready is differtent. It's an un advertised plan.

Hope that helps.
    Just got off the phone with small business loyalty and she checked with support and was very helpful and admitted this US roaming for business is a problem and she gets a lot of calls. She said they advised there is no such 'different version of roam ready' it's always $20/month for US calling and $30/500mb. I hope you're right. I will try another rep later.
    ---------------MY ARSENAL--------------

HoFo Feedback

Ebay Feedback

Heatwave Feedback

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score

Hope that helps.
    Something just CLICKED for me, any chance you're in Quebec?

Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast