Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1184

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

  1. #1141
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    127
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
    Something just CLICKED for me, any chance you're in Quebec?
    No I'm not. It has to be a North America plan for roam ready to work differently because text and voice is included for north america, Data is the only thing that gets charged $20 to use plans allotment per billing cycle. Are you sure you got a loyalty agent? they aren't easy to get took me a while.

  2. #1142
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Airdrie
    Posts
    66
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    My contract is up, so I called Telus to see if they would match the Koodo/Virgin/Fido plan ($60 for 1000 minutes and 4GB). This is the second call this week and both times the rep refused to match it, saying that they are discount brands and not competitors for Telus. Even after saying I would leave she basically said there was nothing she could do. She did make me an offer of $80 for unlimited minutes and 2.5 GB of data, which is only $5 less than what is posted on their website, and obviously not even close to the plan from the discount carriers.
    Anyone have a similar experience but persisted and got what they wanted? Is that the key, just calling multiple times over the course of a week or so?
    The retention rep also said that Koodo would have more dropped calls than Telus... is this true? Anyone switch from Telus to Koodo and noticed any difference?

  3. #1143
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    545
    Device(s)
    Moto X SkyNET edition
    Carrier(s)
    To be determined
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune229 View Post
    The retention rep also said that Koodo would have more dropped calls than Telus... is this true? Anyone switch from Telus to Koodo and noticed any difference?
    Hah - total crap. The only difference between Telus and Koodo network wise is the provider name displayed on your phone.

  4. #1144
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    857
    Feedback Score
    0
    Good luck getting anywhere with Telus retentions these days... I called and called when my last contract was up and they wouldnt do anything... I was finally transferred to the migration department where I was offered a smoking deal through Koodo
    The only difference I have found between Koodo and Telus is the name on my Bill now says Koodo and its $30 a month cheaper for the same plan

  5. #1145
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    127
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune229 View Post
    My contract is up, so I called Telus to see if they would match the Koodo/Virgin/Fido plan ($60 for 1000 minutes and 4GB). This is the second call this week and both times the rep refused to match it, saying that they are discount brands and not competitors for Telus. Even after saying I would leave she basically said there was nothing she could do. She did make me an offer of $80 for unlimited minutes and 2.5 GB of data, which is only $5 less than what is posted on their website, and obviously not even close to the plan from the discount carriers.
    Anyone have a similar experience but persisted and got what they wanted? Is that the key, just calling multiple times over the course of a week or so?
    The retention rep also said that Koodo would have more dropped calls than Telus... is this true? Anyone switch from Telus to Koodo and noticed any difference?

    LOL! Why would Telus compete against themselves? If you moved to Koodo you are still a part of Telus. Telus retention solutions are often to migrate customers to Koodo....but its still telus.. Win win. If you're not happy with that look at the *other solutions* for out of province plans on this forum.

  6. #1146
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Airdrie
    Posts
    66
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    LOL! Why would Telus compete against themselves? If you moved to Koodo you are still a part of Telus. Telus retention solutions are often to migrate customers to Koodo....but its still telus.. Win win. If you're not happy with that look at the *other solutions* for out of province plans on this forum.
    Obviously Telus wouldn't compete against Koodo, but Virgin and Fido are offering the exact same plan...

  7. #1147
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    127
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune229 View Post
    Obviously Telus wouldn't compete against Koodo, but Virgin and Fido are offering the exact same plan...
    You're not comparing apples to apples though. Telus, Bell and Rogers aren't budget brands. There for why would they discount a service when each of them have their own budget brands.

    I think the choice is pretty clear!

  8. #1148
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,151
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune229 View Post
    Anyone have a similar experience but persisted and got what they wanted? Is that the key, just calling multiple times over the course of a week or so?
    Stubborn persistence is key, but you took the wrong tack. Be armed with knowledge of the overall wireless market in Canada, and compare apples to apples. Be firm, with a clear idea of what is available. If you're willing to take some business away from them they're more likely to acquiesce.

    Quote Originally Posted by neptune229 View Post
    The retention rep also said that Koodo would have more dropped calls than Telus... is this true? Anyone switch from Telus to Koodo and noticed any difference?
    There is absolutely no reason Koodo should perform any better or worse than Telus; it's the same network.

  9. #1149
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    455
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Seriously, why do people bother staying with the big 3 unless they have great grandfathered or corporate plans?
    The Future is Friendly... if you can pay for it.

  10. #1150
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    127
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ice1124 View Post
    Seriously, why do people bother staying with the big 3 unless they have great grandfathered or corporate plans?
    Because some consumers don't care about the 'details' they just want the latest and greatest handsets but, don't want a large out of pocket upfront expense.

    I know several people who are like this with most aspects of their life... they don't care... so fair enough.

  11. #1151
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    455
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    Because some consumers don't care about the 'details' they just want the latest and greatest handsets but, don't want a large out of pocket upfront expense.

    I know several people who are like this with most aspects of their life... they don't care... so fair enough.
    Yeah, same with car purchases. People just want lower monthly payments without thinking how long the term is at what rate.

  12. #1152
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    This topic used to be so active now it's on life support

    Sent from my SM-G935W8 using HoFo mobile app

  13. #1153
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    455
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah. There aren't any loyalty 'deals' to be had these days.
    I ended up moving my wife's line to Bell for their corporate plan that Telus wouldn't match.

    I was able to talk to loyalty and get my parents 100 LD minutes for free, though.

  14. #1154
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,103
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Telus will not offer anyone any deals these days, they have no reason to when they can bully you into paying and most people believe it or not, are paying those prices because they just want a free phone today.

    Loyalty is not able to give much either because there is lack of wiggle room they have as well. Telus has taken away all the power they used to have and actually expired loyalty plans as well, so they can't just resurrect old plans at will.

    Telus is one of the most expensive, just look at their easy roam in the US...$7 vs Bell and Rogers $5 (Rogers hand's down has it the best because of the lower rate and allows you to use your same plan like Telus).

    Lastly, I think the young generation that is current is not savvy, most have "wants" without understanding finances and will satisfy them at no matter what the cost and many parents allow themselves to be suckered into that as well rather than helping their young understand the financial side of their wants. All in all, only leads to the big telecoms making money.
    Last edited by Samshares; 03-30-2017 at 03:10 PM.

  15. #1155
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Things were definitely easier when we had 3 yr terms was a lot easier to restructure plans

    Sent from my SM-G935W8 using HoFo mobile app

Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1234
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 09:51 PM
  2. Official Michael Jackson Joke Thread
    By Shukoroshi in forum Nextel Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 08:35 AM
  3. The Official "Sprint PCS FAQ" thread
    By anz2007 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:25 PM
  4. Official S55 Camera Pics Thread!
    By jfandem in forum Siemens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 12:48 PM
  5. Another Retention Thread......
    By NutBucket in forum Sprint
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-16-2002, 09:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks