Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by civic_bam View Post
    ONtario
    offered 300 min local, unlim text 12 gb data 120$. Sound good? or work for more?
    What you were "offered" is just a regular plan. If that's the plan you want, save your breath and don't bother calling in, just get it yourself from www.telus.com.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I thought so. I think it saves like 10$ but I want better.

Feedback Score
    I just changed providers because Telus was lazy and didn't even want to talk about giving me a better deal.

My wife and I were paying ~$158 / month to share 3 Gb of data, some obscene number of local minutes, and unlimited text/media messages. She is paying off her iPhone, but my phone is fully owned.

I just switched over to Videotron and am getting 6 Gb of data, unlimited nation-wide calling, and unlimited text/media messages for $50 per month. When I move my wife's account over, each account will be $45. Telus' equivalent service is around $105 per month EACH.

I was a loyal Telus customer for over 13 years, but I realized that I don't owe them anything, and if they're not even going to try to compete for my service, they aren't worth staying with. If you are in the Ottawa area Videotron is probably the best option, elsewhere in Canada look at Public Mobile; it's Telus' super-value brand and has some sweet deals from time to time.
    Last edited by Killer69; 10-02-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Feedback Score
    still looking for the current number for Leaving and retentions here in BC. Surely someone has the current phone number please?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggellert View Post
    still looking for the current number for Leaving and retentions here in BC. Surely someone has the current phone number please?
    1-866-558-2273...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    I currently have two line on the SASK Student 50 (5GB/ 500min Fav10).

I will be getting two Pixel XL 2, I will try to use to use the Quebec Virgin Mobile BYOP Canada unlimited 8GB for 56$ as a way to get a deal from telus... we will see how it goes.

Otherwise I will just get to phone outright and switch my lines to Virgin.. I won't even need to negotiate anything for that..

Are there even better plan I can use to get a deal from telus? I'm looking for 6GB+

Feedback Score
    When I spoke with Telus a few weeks ago, they claimed that they only considered Bell and Rogers to be their competition; they consider all of the others 'value-brands'. I only spoke with one rep, so YMMV.

$56 for 8GB is very good, perhaps the best deal I've seen.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer69 View Post
    When I spoke with Telus a few weeks ago, they claimed that they only considered Bell and Rogers to be their competition; they consider all of the others 'value-brands'. I only spoke with one rep, so YMMV.

$56 for 8GB is very good, perhaps the best deal I've seen.

Good luck.
    In SK. It is not a "deal." It is their regular price.

Device(s)
    LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    I've spent some time over the loyalty dept at telus.

Best offer from telus was a BOYD 50$ plan Province unlimited (instead of canada), 7GB (6gb + 1gb free).

I think that deal was pretty good compared to my SASK 5GB 50$ plan. But I was hesitating... so he transferred me to another level above who could offer deal on both telus and koodo.

The koodo person offered the following which I accepted.
    BYOD 52$ 8GB Unlimited canada wide. x2 lines

If anyone want to try to get this the plan is a 7GB plan to which 1 GB was added, which was around 58$. They then applied 10% off on both line for 24 months. He said to call back after two year to get 10% again.

Anyway I think that for Quebec this is a good price for 8GB and no contract. On the plus side I can keep my Pixel reservations from the google play store.

EDIT: I just looked at the Koodo Ontario price and they are seriously pathetic. People in Ottawa should cross the boarder and get the Quebec plans..

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x-cimo View Post
    I've spent some time over the loyalty dept at telus.

Best offer from telus was a BOYD 50$ plan Province unlimited (instead of canada), 7GB (6gb + 1gb free).

I think that deal was pretty good compared to my SASK 5GB 50$ plan. But I was hesitating... so he transferred me to another level above who could offer deal on both telus and koodo.

The koodo person offered the following which I accepted.
    BYOD 52$ 8GB Unlimited canada wide. x2 lines

If anyone want to try to get this the plan is a 7GB plan to which 1 GB was added, which was around 58$. They then applied 10% off on both line for 24 months. He said to call back after two year to get 10% again.

Anyway I think that for Quebec this is a good price for 8GB and no contract. On the plus side I can keep my Pixel reservations from the google play store.

EDIT: I just looked at the Koodo Ontario price and they are seriously pathetic. People in Ottawa should cross the boarder and get the Quebec plans..
    Is this a province-specific plan? Is the 8gb shared between 2 lines?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Telus: $40 Student 50 Plan MTM ($10 BYOD): - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
    Cable/Internet: Total: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
    Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)

Device(s)
    LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    8GB is not shared between the lines.. Apparently Koodo dosen't do that.
    The plan is something the loyalty dept has. I don't see it on their website. The +1GB for X$ (5$ I think) is also something the loyalty dept has.

They transferred my history from telus to koodo which is a good thing. (about 10yr..).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x-cimo View Post
    8GB is not shared between the lines.. Apparently Koodo dosen't do that.
    The plan is something the loyalty dept has. I don't see it on their website. The +1GB for X$ (5$ I think) is also something the loyalty dept has.

They transferred my history from telus to koodo which is a good thing. (about 10yr..).
    How did you get them to transfer to a level that offers both Telus and Koodoo plan?

Device(s)
    LG 5450
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsatics View Post
    How did you get them to transfer to a level that offers both Telus and Koodoo plan?

I think I was just very hesitant with the offer being proposed. I think you could just ask if they could offer you something on Koodo; after they have offered you something.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge/Various tablets
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility/ "Tablet 5" + 2 Unpublished SMB plans
    Feedback Score
    If anyone cares. Business plans for 15 devices and over isn't likely to be a big audience here but someone might like this. You can get the following small business plans if you have 15 or more devices on the same account.
    They discount the regular business easy share premium plans if you have 5+ or 10+ phones so compare your options to those plans too because those get you 2yr contracts and easy roam ability, and these plans are usually for 3yr except the tablet one. (CRTC wireless code rules do not apply so it's like the old days in small business land) They may have a maximum discount on some phones but it's usually the same price as the non-premium business discount rates to buy hardware on 3yr contract.

Team Share BYOD 50 - 5GB
    5GB shared data
    Unlimited nationwide minutes
    Unlimited messaging
    Call forwarding included.
    No device discounts

Team Share 55 3GB
    3GB shared data
    Unlimited nationwide minutes
    Unlimited messaging
    Call forwarding included
    Qualified for 3yr contract pricing on devices

Tablet $10 1GB Share
    1GB shared data
    Qualified for Telus Easy Payment plan on 2yr

Not positive what the voice only version of these plans looks like. Never asked about it but I think it's $35. (team share voice 35)

These plans do not qualify for easy roam $7 per day USA plan. Instead they have a business plan called roam ready which isn't as good most times.

Compatible with business shared data add ons to boost shared data
    eg 30GB for $160 add on.
    *note, small business and consumer shared data buckets will not combine on the same account.

The Team Share 55 3GB can also qualify for port in credits if moving from Bell or Rogers small business plans. I think your bill needs to show a corporate discount from Rogers or Bell but not 100% sure.
    Clearnet Digital PCS

We think everyone should be able to afford a wireless phone. That's why we were the first wireless company in North America to offer pay-by-the-second airtime, and why we don't charge an activation fee. NO scary contract to sign. Immediate national coverage. And a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Yes, it's finally time to get a wireless phone.
    f u t u r e . f r i e n d l y™

Best viewed with Netscape 3.0 at 800 x 600 resolution.

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79