Thread: using Sprint iPhone 4s with Straight Talk?

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score

using Sprint iPhone 4s with Straight Talk?

Folks, i've got someone asking me if he has a Iphone 4s currently on Sprint can he switch it over to be used on Straight Talk with a SIM card? I believe the Sprint Iphone 4s has a sim slot for roaming overseas. I currently use Straight Talk but with an ATT Iphone 4 and i know very little about the Sprint Iphone 4, if you can point me in the right direction please do so and thank you all in advance.
    Rockey

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    If my rusty memory is correct, Version and Sprint iPhone sim slot are for oversea GSM network. Not domestic.

Ok, my mistake. someone in the forum did have a sprint iPhone and got it unlocked to use here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    If my rusty memory is correct, Version and Sprint iPhone sim slot are for oversea GSM network. Not domestic.

Ok, my mistake. someone in the forum did have a sprint iPhone and got it unlocked to use here.

Hey every one, I know this thread is pretty old but if any one has done this in the past or has recently done this, I was curious if all you needed was the AT&T sim card and just popped it in and away you went ?
    Or is there more work that needs to be done to the phone to get this to work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ydkjman View Post
    Hey every one, I know this thread is pretty old but if any one has done this in the past or has recently done this, I was curious if all you needed was the AT&T sim card and just popped it in and away you went ?
    Or is there more work that needs to be done to the phone to get this to work.
    there's more work in order to get it to work on straight talk, you need this - http://www.gevey.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    there's more work in order to get it to work on straight talk, you need this - http://www.gevey.com/
    Thanks october262 for the fast reply.
    Are you or know of any one that has done this and know of any limitations you get from this? IE: maybe not having access to send MMS messages ?

*EDIT* went back and looked and figured out I would need the CDMA Kit one from them.