Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How to flash your Razr Maxx to PagePlus in as little as 64 EasyPeasy steps - WORKS!

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Wink How to flash your Razr Maxx to PagePlus in as little as 64 EasyPeasy steps - WORKS!

Flashing Razr & Razr Maxx to PagePlus

To all the people out there who spent hours trying to put all the puzzle pieces together, here they are....and yes this took more time than I ever cared to invest....but it's done and in writing. I will keep this thread evolving as I seen fit.

If I helped you, thank me for the love of flashing.

Enjoy....

Caution....there may be or or moments...but in the end......the will shine and you will be having major as your phone will be

Disclaimer
    Are you ready for an adventure unlike any other…..one that will bedazzle you, mystify and change your view of the world you once knew about phones? It will be an adventure that is so exciting, it will be a head smashing experience (literally at some points).

I am not responsible by any means if this method happens to obliterate, destroy, explode, melt, or radio-activate your phone. Probability of those things happening are 0.00001% chance…but never-the-less, I am not responsible. More realistically, I am not responsible if your phone bricks during this process. But if you follow all the steps outlined by the dot, you have nothing to fear. I fare you good luck on your voyage.

Caution: You may exhibit extremities in these emotional categories: Anger, Madness, Happiness, Excitement, JOY

Necessary Evils for Project:

How to port to Razr Maxx to PagePlus:

1. Buy new micro SIM card from VZ (I used new micro SIM from VZ).
    2. Port/activate your # on PagePlus via whichever vendor you prefer.
    3. Install Motorola drivers to PC from the Droid Razr Utility folder.
    4. Afterwards, connect phone to PC to allow correct drivers to be installed for phone on the PC. The PC should do this automatically. It may take some time.
    5. Restart computer after it finishes.
    6. Turn phone off.
    7. Press volume down, up and power (V-DU-P) buttons at the same time and hold for 4 secs or until phone boots into Boot Loader. Select AP Fastboot option by navigation to it using down arrow key and by using up arrow key to select the option.
    8. Now wait for the PC to install remaining drivers for phone. Make sure the phone is still connected to the computer.
    9. Restart the computer after it finishes once more.
    10. Turn the phone off.
    11. Let’s get ready to flasssssshhhhhh…..!!!
    12. Phone is off. Insert new micro SIM card into phone (this is crucial or you may end up spending way too much time troubleshooting why your phone won’t work with an old SIM card. Don’t ask me questions about this, because this is all the advice I can offer on my part because I’ve been there and done that. Too much time wasted. Someone else may chime in more on this if they know more).
    13. Press V-DU-P buttons at the same time and hold for 4 secs or until phone boots into Boot Loader. Select AP Fastboot option by using down arrow key to navigate and by using up arrow to select the option.
    14. Use the Droid Razr Utility 1.82 (newer) to restore phone back to original factory setting by following prompts (probably option 1). Make sure to wipe everything. You will be prompted for that. Follow to exact key.
    15. Reboot phone.
    16. On Welcome screen (on your phone) press next and bypass the activation screen by turning phone into landscape mode and touching the middle left, upper left, upper right, & middle right corners in a quick sequence. You can look up a video on Youtube on how to do it Bypass activation razr maxx. Hint: Video is very very very helpful.
    17. Activate USB debugging under Developer options and activate Unknown sources under security option in your system settings on your phone.
    18. Go back to Razr Utility and select the Root option. Follow on screen instruction prompts. Phone may restart (I cannot recall, but either way you should be good to go).
    19. Next install Voodoo OTA RootKeeper via Razr Utility. Open and grant access for OTA RootKeeper app in your phone. Select to Protect SU Copy to save root.

20. Turn phone off.
    21. Press V-DU-P at the same time. When phone loads Boot Loader, arrow down to BP Tools and select by pressing up arrow. Phone should restart normally as if doing a regular restart, but it will be in diagnostic mode. You will not notice anything that is obviously different.
    22. Connect your phone to the computer and open CDMA Workshop 3.9 or whatever newest version is available. Select the correct port for phone (go into Device Manager to find what port your phone is under in the Ports (COM & LPT). It should say something like Motorola….). In the CDMA Workshop software, click Connnect. After connecting to your device, click Read right next to where it said Connect.
    23. Go to the Security Tab and above SPC enter 000000 and click SPC and further in dropdown click Send 000000. This will unlock your phone for further flashing of specific code.
    24. You should get an info box that will say SPC is correct. Device unlocked. Click OK.
    25. Now go to the Main tab and towards the bottom left choose CDMA-2 as the option in the dropdown menu. Then in the R-UIM field, by Config:, choose NV only. Click WRITE afterwards to flash settings to phone. After that is done, close the CDMA Utility as the demo version will not let you do the next step.
    26. Open up the DFS utility (after installing it of course). Once it opens, click on the PORT option towards the top left. Choose the port your phone will be on (Double click the port. It should say something to the extent of Motorola. It will be obvious). Then close out of that window.
    27. Click SPC under the Ports option (make sure it has 000000 in the box). That will unlock your device for further flashing.
    28. Go to the Programming tab next, and then click on the Data tab within & click the Read button. Now for HDR SCP force AT config: select RevA_MFPA option and for HDRSCP force release 0 config: select EVDO_RevA option. Then click Write. Disconnect device by clicking the green connection icon on the top left of the application.
    29. Restart the phone. Turn off the WiFi. Open dialer (or press emergency dialer if dialer is not available yet) and dial ##PROGRAM or ##7764726 and click the call/send button.
    30. Enter 000000 for the SPC code and click verify/apply or whatever it may be for next.
    31. Click on 01 User Activation option.
    32. Add your MIN & MDN (your 10 digit phone number) numbers that you should have obtained from PagePlus or authorized PagePlus dealer & add your SID number which you can only obtain from PagePlus. Leave your IMSI as is (00).
    33. Click Done.
    34. Click on 06 Test Mode option.
    35. Click Next & Next again on bottom.
    36. Change Network Selection to CDMA Only. ß is this supposed to be Network Mode? I could not change my Network Selection option for the life of me. Someone please correct me? I just changed the Network Mode to CDMA Only.
    37. Press back twice to back out.
    38. Phone should automatically restart.
    39. As soon as phone boots up, the activation screen will pop up. Tap the Emergency Call option or if your phone bypasses this by any chance, go into dialer right away. Dial 22800 again and again until activation screen pops up. It may crash or say SIM is invalid. Press OK. When the machine answers, press option 1 and wait for phone to activate and then press Next once programing is done.
    40. Do NOT turn phone off.
    41. Go into Dialer and dial *#*#INFO#*#* or *#*#4636#*#*
    42. A phone options window will pop up. Click on Phone Information.
    43. Scroll towards bottom and click on Turn Radio OFF. Wait about 10 seconds and by Preferred Network switch to CDMA Auto (PRL).
    44. Now click Turn Radio ON.
    45. Scroll towards top and look under option Network Type. It should say EvDo-rev.A:8. This is an indicator of 3G. Your 3G should be working….no guarantees yet. If you have eHRPD under that option, no worries.
    46. Try placing a call out and try receiving a call in. That sometimes may help fix getting 3G.
    47. Install Safestrap 3.11 or higher.
    48. Download FatFreeBean Beta 2 (or Stable 3 version or higher) Jelly Bean room. Place on SD card on phone.
    49. Download JBDualBoot v3.11 or higher.
    50. Install FatFree Bean room in one of the Safestrap slots (1st or 2nd). Turn phone off and get into Boot Loader by holding V-DU-P at the same time. VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT restart Phone at this point or your phone will not start. Only select TURN OFF option in Safestrap and access Boot Loader.
    51. Arrow down to AP Fastboot and press arrow up to select.
    52. Have phone connected to computer and run the JBDualBoot bat. Flash the Jelly Bean kernel to phone. Important Note: If you do not do this part, and you restart your phone after flashing the Fat Free Bean JB rom, your phone will not boot and will show a black blank screen. Do not get freaked out, just hold the power button and volume up key (I think) for a while to turn phone off or try holding V-DU-P until Boot Loader opens up.
    53. Restart phone in FatFree Bean rom.
    54. Once phone loads, dial *22899 to activate.
    55. Then, go into Dialer and dial *#*#INFO#*#* or *#*#4636#*#*
    56. A phone options window will pop up. Click on Phone Information.
    57. Scroll towards bottom and click on Turn Radio OFF. Wait about 10 seconds and then at the Preferred Network setting, select CDMA Auto (PRL) from dropdown options.
    58. Now click Turn Radio ON and wait about 10 seconds for phone to regain reception.
    59. Scroll towards top of same screen and look under option Network Type. It should say EvDo-rev.A:8. This is an indicator of 3G. Your 3G will work, unless if you messed up or forgot one of the many amazing steps above : p
    60. Now get the Build prop Editor app from the Google Play Store (mind you, you should be rooted for this part).
    61. Open Build prop Editor.
    62. Go to telephone.lteoncdmadevice and change the number from 1 --> 0
      It will write PRL, MDN & MIN to the phone so you do not need to activate your phone all the time. Do NOT edit anything else here.
    63. Now go back into dialer and dial ##PROGRAM . Go to number 05 Mobile P_REV, then next & next again. Change option to CDMA/EVDO. Then click back, back. Note: This makes it so that you never have to mess with the *#*#INFO#*#* after a reboot.
    64. Phone should restart automatically and PROFIT!
    65. Your phone is a one BAD *** machine NOW on PagePlus!..... Rock On!!!!
    Last edited by icebook; 01-23-2013 at 01:53 AM. Reason: edit request from original poster

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Reserved for me

Feedback Score
    If we dont want jelly bean can we simply skip steps 47-59?

Phone
    Nexus 4 unlocked
    Carrier
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    works good. Thanks. Please add links. The JB Dual Boot is hard to find. Found it here:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...al-boot-xt912/

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I realized I cannot edit my own posts.

Is there a Moderator who would be willing to help me update my OP. This would be much helpful for the community.

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k-sider View Post
    works good. Thanks. Please add links. The JB Dual Boot is hard to find. Found it here:
    I will try to get all the links up. At the moment I am looking for a Moderator to help me update the post. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thejushinator View Post
    If we dont want jelly bean can we simply skip steps 47-59?
    Yes you can.

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have found a Mod who is kind enough to help me update the instructions. Updated instructions coming soon...stay tuned HowardForums community. You're crave on flashing the Razr will become supercharged : ) with the updated instructions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    nice guide

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daboybk View Post
    nice guide
    Thanks daboybk. It's only going to get better from here.

Cheers Mate

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    edit complete

Feedback Score
    Does this work for the normal Razr as well?
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus (talk/text/mms/3g) - Page Plus
    Verizon Galaxy 3 (talk/text/mms/3g) - Red Pocket
    Verizon Razr (talk/text/mms/3g) - Page Plus
    Boost Mobile Moto G - Page Plus

Carrier
    Pager Plus
    Feedback Score
    Everytime i click the read button after selecting cdma 2 i get :
    Failed to read RUIM verification #1 - Inactive item
    Failed to read RUIM verification #2 - Inactive item
    Failed to read NAM name - Inactive item
    Failed to read Warranty code - Inactive item
    Failed to read Send PIN flag - Inactive item
    Failed to read Call Restrict flag - Inactive item
    Failed to read CDMA SID lockout - Inactive item
    Failed to read CDMA SID Acquire - Inactive item
    Read EVDO page... Skipped (This function is available in registered version only)

so i cant go to the next step....any ideas

Carrier
    Pager Plus
    Feedback Score
    never mind...i got it all working...thanks for the awesome guide.

Phones
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 5
    Mot Atrix HD
    Carrier
    AIO, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 94SupraTT View Post
    Does this work for the normal Razr as well?
    Also wondering the same. I assume it should work with the regular razr. Can someone please confirm.

Thanks,

Lewis

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast