Nexus One
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

$29 Plan and the BYOP (Nexus 4) $50 Credit

Hi there,

I recently activated a WIND sim card and phone line on their $29 plan:
    http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/29Plan.aspx

When I was at the store, the service rep revealed that it is a dealership, so he cannot provide me with the $50 dollar credit for either bringing in your own device or a Nexus 4: http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/nexus4.aspx

Instead, he told me to either activate it in a flagship Wind store or call Wind to receive the credit. I did the latter, but I was rejected by the CSR since I am on the "BTS" plan. Indeed, the terms and conditions did not state the BTS plan (or "$29" plan) is on it.

My friend has a different experience however at a different store. He activated on the same BTS $29 plan as I was at the same time, and was also offerred the $50 credit for bringing in his own phone. If he receives the credit, I would finding this discriminatory and inconsistent.

If I can obtain the $50 credit bill on my friend's BTS plan as evidence; can I make a case for Wind to give me my credit as well?

Carrier
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    crap, you should better tell them on face book and e mail info@windmobile.ca

Carriers
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    The guy screwed you over. Was he Indian?

Phone
    Nexus One
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_H View Post
    I hope this isn't racial. I purchased my SIM and activated the account at the Broadway and Cambie store in Vancouver.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
    Blackberry Curve 9300
    Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
    Carriers
    ROGERS
    SmarTone-Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    I called in about this issue as well. I had to read the fine print 3 times, and it still wasn't clear. Basically it said anywhere after from your first month of paid service, to the second month.

Essentially the credit will be applied from 30-60 days service.

If I don't get my credit after the second month, I'm going file a CCTS complaint for bait and switch.

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Double_H View Post
    LOL, I've noticed the same thing at all our Wind stores in london...

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SII 4G
    Samsung Galaxy SII 4G
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: $29 Plan and the BYOP (Nexus 4) $50 Credit

I ported over to Wind yesterday. They told me the $50 credit won't be applied on the first bill. It'll be on the second bill. I went to a wind dealer, not a flagship wind store. The op got screwed. Was the rep Indian or Chinese?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theaser View Post
    I hope this isn't racial. I purchased my SIM and activated the account at the Broadway and Cambie store in Vancouver.
    LOOL that's what you get for activating at the cambie/broadway store instead of a corporate store. you do know that you were 2 skytrain stations away from one? i was talking to other customers when paying for my bill in a corporate location and they say that cambie/broadway reps told them false information when they were activating.

Feedback Score
    always go to a corp store, they give you everything

Feedback Score
    It looks like they are no longer offering the BYOP $50 credit deal.

Feedback Score
    I activated my N4 in Calgary at Chinook Mall, and never got the BYOP credit. I called in and they are unaware of any such promotion. Anyone have a copy of the web page so I can at least try to dispute it?