Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Any New PTEL Deals?

Feedback Score

Any New PTEL Deals?

I am just wondering if there are any new PTEL deals.

I will like to switch one of my phones from Pageplus to PTEL.

I tried the SIMWOOT40 code today, and it did not work.

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd320 View Post
    I tried the SIMWOOT40 code today, and it did not work.
    Well, since it ended 12/31/2012 that is not surprising.

Ptel is having some teething issues, it might be best to wait a month or so to sign up.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    The SIMWOOT40 deal is back. I didn't see a new expiration for it.

Promo code = SIMWOOT40 to buy a SIM card and a $40 topup for $20 at Platinumtel.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post

Promo code = SIMWOOT40 to buy a SIM card and a $40 topup for $20 at Platinumtel.com
    Hey, thanks for the tip. I am not ready to buy yet, so I am glad there is no apparent expiration date. I currently have two CDMA phones with PTEL and abot 60 PAYGO minutes on each. I am shopping for GSM phones on ebay, I want one with a 'real' QWERTY keyboard, and a touch screen (andriod would be nice).

So if I find comfortable phones, I will use this deal.

Does anyone know if PTEL will carry forward existing balances to new phones (While keeping old phone numbers)?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mnalep View Post
    Does anyone know if PTEL will carry forward existing balances to new phones (While keeping old phone numbers)?
    That is what they are supposed to do, according to Ptel on this forum.

Carrier
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    PTEL25SD takes 25% off any phone combine with 20% cash back from Befrugal dot com for !~40% off

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post

I just tried the code and got no discount. It must be dead again.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I came across this banner ad for PTel on SlickDeals.net a few minutes ago:

Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, Int'l Text & MMS for only $40/month!

Use code PTEL25SD for your SIM, 1st month and phone (or BYOD)!Name:  2013-01-19_062939.png
Views: 5352
Size:  22.3 KB

While in this thread, I was wondering if I might be able to ask for a quick summarry of PTel? I just recently heard of the company, but know basically nothing about it. Has anyone recently used/is currently using PTel service? If so, what did/do you think of their service? Coverage good? Data speeds good? Phone selection/options good? Plan prices reasonable? I currently have 3 lines of service Virgin Mobile in the Phoenix, Az, area and I think the service is pretty good; but I am certainly open to trying another carrier, if there is good reason to do so. Especially for better plan prices, better Internet data speeds, better phone options, and better coverage/reliability.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully the PTEL25SD is a valid code and will save someone some money!
    - AzAssassin, a.k.a. BillyJackAz

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/8861...o-2gb-of-4g-30

PlatinumTel: Free SIM Card and $20 off First Month of Unlimited Prepaid Plans: $40 Plan (up to 250MB of 4G) $20, $50 Plan (up to 2GB of 4G) $30 for First Month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AzAssassin View Post
    I came across this banner ad for PTel on SlickDeals.net a few minutes ago:

Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, Int'l Text & MMS for only $40/month!

Use code PTEL25SD for your SIM, 1st month and phone (or BYOD)!Name:  2013-01-19_062939.png
Views: 5352
Size:  22.3 KB

While in this thread, I was wondering if I might be able to ask for a quick summarry of PTel? I just recently heard of the company, but know basically nothing about it. Has anyone recently used/is currently using PTel service? If so, what did/do you think of their service? Coverage good? Data speeds good? Phone selection/options good? Plan prices reasonable? I currently have 3 lines of service Virgin Mobile in the Phoenix, Az, area and I think the service is pretty good; but I am certainly open to trying another carrier, if there is good reason to do so. Especially for better plan prices, better Internet data speeds, better phone options, and better coverage/reliability.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully the PTEL25SD is a valid code and will save someone some money!
    Hello, I have used PTEL for a few years now. I use their PAYGO plan, which is a PAY AS YOU GO plan. 0.05 cents per minute, 0.02 cents per text message - very affordable rates. best I have found. customer service has been very good, and the phone service itself is great also. What you should know is PTEL has actually been providing service on the SPRINT network. This will continue until mid 2013 from all I have read, and then PTEL will start using the T-Mobile network. So, basically PTEL service is as reliable as those two carriers.

What you should know also is PTEL right now runs through SPRINT, and currently requires phones that are CDMA based.

PTEL, when they start running under T-Mobile in mid 2013, PTEL will require phones that are GSM based. (I, for example, will need to buy a new phone, as mine is CDMA. So I am currently shopping for an UNLOCKED GSM phone, and I want one that runs Android OS, WiFi, and also has a physical QWERTY keyboard.)

I think PTEL is selling phones on their website which might be GSM now. Plus you need to buy the SIM card that communicates to PTEL service).

Someone else would have to tel you about unlimited plans, I don't use them.

Hope this info helps.

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Actually, Ptel is using both networks now.

Quote Originally Posted by mnalep View Post
    What you should know also is PTEL right now runs through SPRINT, and currently requires phones that are CDMA based.

PTEL, when they start running under T-Mobile in mid 2013, PTEL will require phones that are GSM based.
    Actually, Ptel is using both networks now. I have been using GSM 2 months. I believe they are no longer activating any phones on CDMA any more. What happens in 'mid-2013' is they shut off the Sprint network.

Phones
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    iphone 5s/JB
    Galaxy Note
    Carriers
    At&t
    tmo for tablet
    Feedback Score
    Just used this code on ptel's site for a free sim and $20 off their $40 or $50 plan. I chose the $40 plan- got it and the free sim for $20 upfront on a credit card. How can I pass up this trial? Very happy on tmo's $30 monthly 4g
    Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back up is when you screw up!

It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank-you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
    Just used this code on ptel's site for a free sim and $20 off their $40 or $50 plan. I chose the $40 plan- got it and the free sim for $20 upfront on a credit card. How can I pass up this trial? Very happy on tmo's $30 monthly 4g
    and what was the code you used?

Phones
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    iphone 5s/JB
    Galaxy Note
    Carriers
    At&t
    tmo for tablet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheU View Post
    and what was the code you used?

from the link in post #9 above, but this is the code- PTELSLICK20 - use it on ptel's site and it will remove the charge for the sim and take $20 off the $40 top up card, $40 plan, or the $50 plan. So you save $25. I went back and got a 2nd. the top up for $40 is good for 5 months-150 days, so I got a 2nd to add when that is almost up! Your $$ will roll over to join the new top up amount. Now let's hope the service is good!!!!

Feedback Score
    Thanks. i was thinking of getting this deal and holding it for a few months just in case I decided to switch.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast