Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: List of Net10 Phones on AT&T Network

Feedback Score

List of Net10 Phones on AT&T Network

Hi

I'm new here and have been searching online for hours trying to find an updated list of Net10 phones which use AT&T towers. Does anyone happen to know where I can find this information?

Another question, if I were to buy an AT&T Go Phone (I'm looking at the Fusion, Avail or Galaxy Appeal) would I be able to buy a Net10 Sim card for it and put Net10 service on it?

Sorry for these basic questions, I am unable to find the answers by searching & only have experience with Verizon feature phones, looking to get my first Smart Phone without paying an arm & a leg for it monthly.

Thanks

Brandyn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bfauble83 View Post
    HiI'm new here and have been searching online for hours trying to find an updated list of Net10 phones which use AT&T towers. Does anyone happen to know where I can find this information?Brandyn
    Net10 phones use either AT&T or T-mobile sims. Many people state that if you buy your phone in the store your are likely to get a AT&Tsim. If you buy it from the website you will get a T-mobile sim for the same model of phone.

Another question, if I were to buy an AT&T Go Phone (I'm looking at the Fusion, Avail or Galaxy Appeal) would I be able to buy a Net10 Sim card for it and put Net10 service on it?
    As long as your phone is on an approved list of GSM phones, you should have no problem getting a "bring your own phone" sim to work on your phone. In case you didn't know, this sim type will restrict you to the unlimited service cards. Some people have gotten the sim incorrectly believing it will provide them access to the lower rate pay as you go cards.

Sorry for these basic questions, I am unable to find the answers by searching & only have experience with Verizon feature phones, looking to get my first Smart Phone without paying an arm & a leg for it monthly.
    No problem. A phone is a big investment. Everyone's here to help.
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Feedback Score
    I am updating this post to include some newly found information. On the "Net10's partner site" there is a list according of phones according to network that may be helpful to you.
    http://www.net10wirelessphones.com/N...y-Network.html.
    I had to scroll down to the bottom of the home page of the partner site in order to find the link.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflyqn View Post
    I am updating this post to include some newly found information. On the "Net10's partner site" there is a list according of phones according to network that may be helpful to you.
    I had to scroll down to the bottom of the home page of the partner site in order to find the link.
    That appears to be a list of phones offered for sale by Net10, and not an exhaustive list of phones that would work with a BYOD SIM. In general, I think any GoPhone would work with the AT&T SIM, and any T-Mobile Prepaid phone would work with the T-Mobile SIM. All of this presupposes that the customer wants to bring their own device and use a Net10 BYOD SIM, which also means they would need to pay for an "Unlimited" monthly plan.

If a customer wanted the cheaper Pay As You Go plan, they would need to buy a more basic Net10 phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    That appears to be a list of phones offered for sale by Net10, and not an exhaustive list of phones that would work with a BYOD SIM. In general, I think any GoPhone would work with the AT&T SIM, and any T-Mobile Prepaid phone would work with the T-Mobile SIM. All of this presupposes that the customer wants to bring their own device and use a Net10 BYOD SIM, which also means they would need to pay for an "Unlimited" monthly plan.

If a customer wanted the cheaper Pay As You Go plan, they would need to buy a more basic Net10 phone.
    Please read the OP's question and both of my responses. They answered her concerns and your comments. I updated to include a resource for AT&T sims that "may be useful" to the OP who inquired as to which phones used AT&T sims. Since "some" AT&T sim models where identified, I provided the OP a link. Something was better than nothing. Contrary to what you are reporting there wasn't any language to the effect that I intended link to be exhaustive all Net10 phones or for all Net10 BYOD.

Net10 provides three sites for phones: "Our Phones", "Current Customer" and "Net10 Partner Phones." The later these days includes the iPhone. The common tie between these phones are that they have been pre-programmed to work in the Net10 system.
    http://www.net10wireless.com/#/phones, http://www.net10wirelessphones.com/iPhone-NET10/ .

See below also below:
    HiI'm new here and have been searching online for hours trying to find an updated list of Net10 phones which use AT&T towers. Does anyone happen to know where I can find this information?Brandyn
    Net10 phones use either AT&T or T-mobile sims. Many people state that if you buy your phone in the store your are likely to get a AT&Tsim. If you buy it from the website you will get a T-mobile sim for the same model of phone.

Update here.
    End of Update.

As long as your phone is on an approved list of GSM phones, you should have no problem getting a "bring your own phone" sim to work on your phone. In case you didn't know, this sim type will restrict you to the unlimited service cards. Some people have gotten the sim incorrectly believing it will provide them access to the lower rate pay as you go cards.

No problem. A phone is a big investment. Everyone's here to help.
    Last edited by Fireflyqn; 01-07-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the information, very helpful!

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    As long as your phone is on an approved list of GSM phones, you should have no problem getting a "bring your own phone" sim to work on your phone.
    Do you have some reference with regard to the list you mention?
    I've never heard such a list being mentioned before.

The BYOD SIM should work in ANY GSM phone with the correct radios. That's the point of the BYOD SIM.
    It might need unlocked to be able to change the settings/network.

I've not seen a report of anyone being told a phone with the correct radios won't work.
    That holds for AT&T or T-Mobile. Just need the correct SIM for the radios in the phone.

The only problems I have seen/heard about are people trying to use foreign market phones that don't have the correct radios, or carrier locked phones that need unlocked.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Where did the OP say they wanted to do a $50 monthly plan?

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Where did the OP say they wanted to do a $50 monthly plan?
    Per the original post...

looking to get my first Smart Phone without paying an arm & a leg for it monthly.
    Those criteria, smart phone and BYOD, require the $50/mo plan as pointed out by Fireflyqn.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Not to quibble, but sure, WE all know that. But it may be presumptuous to think that the OP does.

bfauble83, are you looking for a $50 Net10 monthly plan with your smartphone, with unlimited-style features, or are you under the impression you can get something like a pay-as-you-go style plan through a Net10 SIM added to a phone you source yourself?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Not to quibble, but sure, WE all know that. But it may be presumptuous to think that the OP does.

bfauble83, are you looking for a $50 Net10 monthly plan with your smartphone, with unlimited-style features, or are you under the impression you can get something like a pay-as-you-go style plan through a Net10 SIM added to a phone you source yourself?
    I want the $50 unlimited plan, and through other research I have done I was aware that I would have to go with that plan to use the bring your own phone plan.

I decided to purchase the AT&T Fusion 2 GoPhone & a Net10 Sim Kit. Thanks everyone for your help.

Feedback Score
    @ST Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Do you have some reference with regard to the list you mention? I've never heard such a list being mentioned before.

The BYOD SIM should work in ANY GSM phone with the correct radios. That's the point of the BYOD SIM.
    http://www.net10sim.com/shop.php, © 2012 NET10
    *No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases. You will need a compatible GSM AT&T or T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with AT&T or T-Mobile. This program/offering does not work with Straight Talk, TracFone, NET10, SafeLink, BlackBerry and/or CDMA phones. To Activate your service, you will need a Airtime PIN. You may purchase an Airtime PIN with a Debit card or Credit card. APN (Access Point Name) data settings must be updated on your phone. These settings can be found on our website at apn.net10sim.com. Updating your APN settings does not guarantee MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MMS is dependent upon your phone model’s limitations. If you have an iPhone and you would like to use MMS, you will need to Jailbreak* your iPhone in order to update your MMS settings. *Search “Jailbreak iPhone” on-line for more information.
    It might need unlocked to be able to change the settings/network.

Please note the word "compatible" proceeding GSM AT& T or T-Mobile phone. They are specifying carriers and also suggesting that even some phones from these carrier will have trouble with Net10 sims in the BYOD system. Also look at the other requirements. Like its not enough to bring your iPhone. You must bring it jail broken or you may not be able to use MMS.

MMS problem example Iphone.
    http://www.net10forum.com/viewtopic....it=sim#p295611

There is no guarantee just because its a GSM phone it will be compatible in the Net10 BYOD system. Their statements suggest Net10 has a list of phones that have caused problems, so it makes sense to contact Net10 to verify if your GSM phone that you would like to bring is not on the list.

Homework is necessary even if it "seems simple. " If you don't take the time to do homework--explore a little, ask what if?--- like the OP, you are more likely to get burned.

Net10 is good at enticement and burning you. Many times Net10 would put an ad on the phone for a 750 minutes for $25, or unlimited service. They call these their 30 day or monthly plans. Many people with feature phones applied such cards only to find it wiped out their pre-existing minutes and accumulated days of service. Bummer. Net10 did not reimburse or restore minutes or service days to these people. What a pity.

When I asked Net10 about these plans, I got boiler plate language from them. I had to be aggressive in finding out the true effect of such a purchase in order to avoid getting scammed. At the time I purchased my phone it wasn't clearly written in their terms of service. That why I had to contact them. Now language on the box and in the terms of service tells you these 30 day plans will wipe out your per-existing minutes.

You have been here long enough to know that until about a year ago Net10 has falsely portrayed themselves as providing services identical to contract company, with the only differences you paid in advance and no contract. People who did not do their homework came into a system in which they discovered could not bring their own phones. They could not not switch sims from their prior carriers to net10 phones because Net10 had their sims locked to their phones. They also found out they do not have access to a variety of other services.

OP was is an example of a person who is doing his/her homework. OP wanted the find out about the pitfalls of the service not just the hype, and available options. I would do and have done the same.

So if a phone is not listed as being able to used with a sim on the three Net10 websites I mentioned in my previous posts, I would definitely ask Net10. It is not prudent to assume.

I've not seen a report of anyone being told a phone with the correct radios won't work.That holds for AT&T or T-Mobile. Just need the correct SIM for the radios in the phone.
    The only problems I have seen/heard about are people trying to use foreign market phones that don't have the correct radios, or carrier locked phones that need unlocked.
    You are confused. I made no comments about radios.
    Last edited by Fireflyqn; 01-10-2013 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Move iPhone example to earlier in post.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    There is no guarantee just because its a GSM phone it will be compatible in the Net10 BYOD system. Their statements suggest Net10 has a list of phones that have caused problems, so it makes sense to contact Net10 to verify if your GSM phone that you would like to bring is not on the list.
    Typical disclaimers is all I see. There is never a guarantee. Check any of the other BYOD companies an you'll see the same sort of disclaimers.

But again, there is no known list.

So if a phone is not listed as being able to used with a sim on the three Net10 websites I mentioned in my previous posts, I would definitely ask Net10. It is not prudent to assume.

There is no list of "compatible" phones. There are a few listed by a subsidiary selling them, but there are hundreds of models out there that work.

You've been around long enough to know calling NET10 and asking a question is unlikely to get a valid answer.

You are confused. I made no comments about radios.
    I never said you did. I was clearly talking about the radios used for voice/SMS and data.

For the NET10 SIM you need a phone that operates on the correct frequencies (ie radios)
    850/1900MHz for GSM 2G voice and data.
    For 3G you need UMTS/HSPA 850/1900MHz for AT&T (depending on area) and 1700/2100MHz for T-Mobile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_...quency_Summary
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mobil...spectrum_chart

Like I said, I don't know of anyone with an unlocked phone and the correct radios not being able to use the BYOD SIM. And a locked phone for AT&T or T-Mobile will work too (have to get a matching SIM).

The iPhone issue with MMS is an iPhone issue and not a NET10 issue. The internet is full of people having problems trying to change the MMS settings (and ots of possible solutions).

Feedback Score
    @ST Dog

I never said you did. I was clearly talking about the radios used for voice/SMS and data.
    You weren’t clear. You should use frequency or bands or band width. Even your link uses frequency. Radios are objects or software programs that are used to access and/or control frequencies. But I know in your case when you start remarking about radios you may mean frequency or bands.

Typical disclaimers is all I see. There is never a guarantee. Check any of the other BYOD companies an you'll see the same sort of disclaimers.
    Reasonably one should be principally concerned with the disclaimers from company she/he intends to work with. Also, just because disclaimers exist elsewhere, it doesn’t make the immediate concern invalid. If you chose to ignore disclaimers, that’s your choice. Every phone has their odd thing including the iPhone.

The BYOD SIM should work in ANY with the correct radios.
    Yeah. Key word here is “should.” You show you like disclaimers too.

Again here is the advisement from Net10 with respect to sim cards for BOYD program.
    http://www.net10sim.com/shop.php, © 2012 NET10
    *No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases. You will need a compatible GSM AT&T or T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with AT&T or T-Mobile. This program/offering does not work with Straight Talk, TracFone, NET10, SafeLink, BlackBerry and/or CDMA phones. To Activate your service, you will need a Airtime PIN. You may purchase an Airtime PIN with a Debit card or Credit card. APN (Access Point Name) data settings must be updated on your phone. These settings can be found on our website at apn.net10sim.com. Updating your APN settings does not guarantee MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MMS is dependent upon your phone model’s limitations. If you have an iPhone and you would like to use MMS, you will need to Jailbreak* your iPhone in order to update your MMS settings. *Search “Jailbreak iPhone” on-line for more information.
    It might need unlocked to be able to change the settings/network

But again, there is no known list. There is no list of "compatible" phones. There are a few listed by a subsidiary selling them, but there are hundreds of models out there that work.
    I never made any statement to the effect Net10 had a list of every phone ever made that would work in their systems. As you know because you remarked on it, I made reference a list that may be helpful to the OP on the Net10's Partner website. The website presents that list as a guide. My post stated the following:

See also my post to miliept
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post15028190

You've been around long enough to know calling NET10 and asking a question is unlikely to get a valid answer.
    Speak for yourself as far as your lack of ability to get a valid answer from or about Net10 for your needs.
    Last edited by Fireflyqn; 01-10-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added Net10 sim card advisement for BOYD program

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    @ST Dog

You weren’t clear. You should use frequency or bands or band width. Even your link uses frequency.
    Both go to a headings that say Radio Frequency
    ...#Radio_Frequency_Summary
    ...#Radio_frequency_spectrum_chart

ie. the frequency the radio operates on.

Speak for yourself as far as your lack of ability to get a valid answer from or about Net10 for your needs.
    I'm speaking of América Móvil customer support in general.
    They will tell you half truths and outright lies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast