Thread: TM717, cannot copy files from a2uploader.

Feedback Score

TM717, cannot copy files from a2uploader.

On my locked TM717, I'm using a2uploader (filename: A2UUploader_v22.09.2009_(RWF 5)), with flash gordan gate drivers version 2.2.0.8. I'm able to successfully browse the file system contents of the phone but I can't copy any of the files with the "read" option, when I do I get "can't send net packet" errors:

i.imgur.com/RNA1r.png

I'm trying to backup my java saves, I'm playing the j2me version of FF1 that I put 17 hours into it, I really don't want to lose my progress. Also I have no idea where the save locations are, so if anyone knows that'd help me with step 2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazZeromus View Post
    On my locked TM717, I'm using a2uploader (filename: A2UUploader_v22.09.2009_(RWF 5)), with flash gordan gate drivers version 2.2.0.8. I'm able to successfully browse the file system contents of the phone but I can't copy any of the files with the "read" option, when I do I get "can't send net packet" errors:
    Yes, I remember that being an issue with a2uploader and the TM717. There's another program I used to extract info from the phone. Let me see if I can dig up the info on that. It might not be until this weekend.

Feedback Score
    Is it a program called "Far Manager"? Searched would turn this up but there are no details on how to use it.

Feedback Score
    I just partially refreshed my memory on this. What I used is a program called CodeClaw DB3210 CID53 File Xtractor.

It doesn't have much documentation but it's pretty simple. You make a .bin file which is then used with a2uploader.

When you install CodeClaw on your computer it has some sample txt files in a folder called shortcuts. You can look at the text files but basically they contain file paths to files typically found on the phone.

You can edit a txt file with the path of the file that you want to extract. Then when you're in codeclaw, go to settings and select if you want the files to be copied onto your computer via usb or onto your phone's data card.

Then select the file you created from the shortcuts drop down box and click add. The paths will show up on the screen. You can go to preview to see the .bin file that will be created. It basically is just instructions to copy the file from the phone to USB or to the card.

Then you save the bin file on your computer.

Here is an excerpt from the instruction that came with codeclaw:

1. Start DB3210 CID53 File Xtractor and generate your .bin file, You’ll get use of shortcuts mode.
    2. Start A2 Uploader and in the misc box load your .bin file and press Flash (Very important that you use Flash and not Write script)
    3. Connect phone with C and wait
    4. Start phone let the “Please wait” Screen dissapear, now browse to FileManager > codeclaw > and browse to your file and send to pc.

I think Step 4 is only done if you select card in settings. It's probably easiest to use USB in settings and then find the file it creates on your computer.

As I said, it's been a long time since I've used CodeClaw to extract files but I think that's the general procedure.

Before extracting your specific files, you may try to successfully extract one of the files in the pre-made shortcuts so you can see how the procedure works and where the files land.