Thread: Changing from GSM to CDMA on current Straight Talk Plan

Feedback Score

Changing from GSM to CDMA on current Straight Talk Plan

The BYOD GSM phone that we have activated on Straight Talk with the ST ATT service died. We are looking at a Straight Talk phone at Walmart that is a CDMA-V phone. What is the process with Straight Talk to change my phone and service over to this new phone? We are just at the start of a new month of service on the current phone?

TIA!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Changing from GSM to CDMA on current Straight Talk Plan

Obviously you have to call straight talk from another phone and explain the situation...Have the documentation ready in your hand for both the old SIM and the new phone...
    PS: most likely you'll still have the same number of days left on your current account...They will port your number from the old SIM to the new phone..At least if they wanna cooperate with you..Be nice with the rep and explain slowly most of them have bad English

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    You can do the switch online using StraightTalk.com. Choose the option to activate a new phone, select that you are transferring an existing ST number, and answer the questions that the system asks you.

Before you start, print out a page showing your current service end date. I've had ST lose days when they switched me from GSM to CDMA.

They have to do a number port, but it is handled internally and only takes a few hours.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the two replies. I got my wife's current phone working again so she is happy and we don't have to get a new phone. Good thing too because looking at what ST is offering in phones less than $130 just about all have problems.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    Cricket
    AirVoice (son's)
    Feedback Score
    The ST act is under me, I had a GSM LG620G then, after my wife's phone died I gave it to her. Then the LG died, she went to Walmart and got a CDMA phone with the same number