Thread: Straight Talk iPhone 5 on Page Plus?

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk iPhone 5 on Page Plus?

The current reports suggest that the iPhone 5 for Straight Talk has no LTE sim and works as a 3G phone on the Verizon prepaid network. Is there any chance that this phone would activate on Page Plus, or has it likely been flashed to only work as 3G for Straight Talk?

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I decided that I wanted the iPhone 5, could live with the Straight Talk service cost, and it didn't hurt that Walmart allows 15 days for returns on prepaid phones. I'm still trying to decide if I want to try saving some yearly cost by attempting to stick with Page Plus and limiting data usage, or if I want to switch to Straight Talk for probably higher yearly cost and lose the optional plans and roaming from Page Plus. Clearly just activating on Straight Talk would be the simple choice. Filling out an online "Page Plus Instant Phone Change" form or visiting one of the 2 local dealers also doesn't look difficult, but the consequences are unclear. So far the only thing I have done is to do the ESN check that reports:

AVAILABLE_FOR_USE, then that means your ESN is clear for use on Page Plus. This does NOT necessarily mean that your phone will take over the air programming - many phones from other CDMA carriers will require manual programming or even flashing to work on Page Plus.
    Last edited by icebook; 01-15-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: removed advertising violation

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I guess I was assuming that since the Straight Talk iPhone 5 was running 3g then the programming would be the same as a 3g phone. I didn't even think to look into how the Straight Talk activation was being handled. It's quite possible that the programming on the Straight Talk iPhone 5 probably isn't the *228 or *22890 programming used for Page Plus. Oh well, it's at least hope that Page Plus might possibly get LTE phones running with 3g data at some point.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...3#post15033973