Thread: Data Network Settings missing - Verizon iPhone 5 with Straight Talk AT&T SIM

Phone
    iPhone 5 16GB
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Data Network Settings missing - Verizon iPhone 5 with Straight Talk AT&T SIM

I had to switch from T-Mobile prepaid due to a recent move. I chose the AT&T Straight Talk SIM since AT&T has good coverage around my new place. Since my iPhone 5 was purchased through Verizon, it was already unlocked. Now, I was pretty sure that this meant that my Cellular Data Network option in Settings would remain intact, but I appear to need to swap in my old T-Mobile SIM to regain this menu. Is this normal? I've seen conflicting reports here on HoFo, so I'm looking for a conclusive answer on this.

(Also, I am fully aware that Straight Talk now has their own iPhone 5 running through Verizon's network. But I already had an iPhone 5, so I really don't care to go that route. Unless they start the whole "BYO Verizon phone" thing, but I digress.)

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    yes the tmo sim is the only way you will get at the data settings.

no the iphone st is offering runs on the att network.there is no such thing as a st verizon byod.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The AT&T SIM card blocks access to the network setting in iPhones regardless of the original network on which the iPhone is configured.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    iPhone 5 16GB
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Sorry cooter55, but please do try to keep up.All reports from those who have purchased a Straight Talk iPhone so far have indicated that they run on the Verizon network. And yes, I am aware that there is currently no BYOD program for Verizon phones, but the program is rumored for the near future, and there is some debate as to whether the activation process for the Straight Talk iPhones could possibly allow Verizon iPhones. Anyway, I shouldn't feed trolls....

Carriers
    BYOD ST T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Data Network Settings missing - Verizon iPhone 5 with Straight Talk AT&T SIM

I have a Verizon iPhone 5 and I still had to do the sim swap. I just ordered a sim from Tmobile for 99 cents and did the sim swap with out activating it.

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Supposedly, you can accomplish what you want (using a Verizon or ST CDMA iphone with AT&T) using the following method:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-on-a-iPhone-5

If you don't want MMS, there's an app you can download from unlockit.co.nz.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I no longer see messages from these users (and won't respond to them):
    pfoneguy, rcentros.