Thread: Not getting what I was offered!

Device(s)
    K850i Green
    Feedback Score

Not getting what I was offered!

So I was ready to make the switch to Mobilicity for my mom's line on Dec 17 as they had a 50% discount on all their plans. I called to cancel but I was offered the $37 plan with a $15 credit and call display + mini voicemail for free. We would be paying $22 + tax.

The plan includes:
    1000 wkday and unlimited after 6pm
    unlimited txt, vid and picture
    Call display and voicemail (free after credit)

We accepted the plan as it would save us the trouble of switching (Big Mistake!). We were told the changes will take effect on the next billing Cycle (Jan 9th). I was on the phones with Rogers for something else on Jan 4 and I decided to check on the plan to ensure what I was offered is still correct. I was told by the CSR that the plan will be changed on Jan. 9th but it was not the price I agreed on. Apparently the initial rep that offered me the plan added the call display and voicemail but did not provide a credit for it.
    I was bounced to retention where the rep told me she can add the credit for the call display and voicemail back on but she needs to wait until the plan’s changed on Jan 9th. She said she will call me to let me know. I called Rogers again on Jan 10th as I did not receive a call back (big surprise), and I was told by another retention Rep (Vicky) that there's no way the plan that was offered to me can have a $15 credit and that the reps I dealt with prior to her didn't know what they were doing. I had the call escalated to a manager (Carrie) who acknowledged that was a human error on their end but there's nothing she can do. She tried to offer me a different plan with 150mins and costing way more than the original plan I agreed to.

I had a live chat conversation with Michael Berry from Office of President today who was probably the worst rep I've ever deal with especially someone from Office of President. It takes like 10mins for him to reply to anything. As per Michael, there are notes on my account that I declined the initial reps offer. So I asked him if that’s the case, then why was my plan changed. No response from him.
    At one point he just stopped responding for like 25mins to listen to the calls I had with the other reps without letting me know. When he was finally done, he called me directly. The # on my call display showed a local 416# which seemed a little strange. Anyways he basically said he listened to the calls and the first rep was “overzealous” in trying to keep me as a customer so she offered me something that was not possible. And right off the bat he gave me 2 options. 1) he will cancel the plan effective immediately 2) provide a $15 discount for 3 months and after 3 months I have to pay $32 + tax.

The whole conversation he kept interrupting me, it was a battle to even finish what I wanted to say. I asked him at one point if he understood where I was coming from as a customer and he's like nope, I don't. I asked him if Rogers has any estoppel rules where they had to honour what was offered to their customers and he completely ignored it and said it was my decision to take the plan and I had the decision to switch to a different provider but I decided to stay even though I'm paying more with them. I told him he's right in that it was my decision to leave or stay but it's their rep that influenced my decision. He goes on and ignores what I said. I did not want to accept the $15 offer for 3 months so I asked what happens if I decide to port out my number. He told me I would be charged 30 days at the new plan's price. I told him if there was a charge, it should be according to my old plan not new plan's price that I did not agree to. He then said my old plan is no longer available and I was already made aware my new plan's price was not possible before the plan was active on Jan 4th which was complete bs! The rep I talked said she'll add the credit for me. She did not say it was not possible. I told him to listen to that call again and he once again repeats there's nothing he can do except cancel or add the $15 credit for 3 months. I have no problem paying the 30 days to cancel if it was the old plan’s rate and not the new plan's rate which I did not agree to.

At that point I just wanted to stop dealing with this guy and perhaps Rogers. I can’t believe how bad the customer service is at Rogers. Most of the time you either get a rep that seems like they’re not finished training or a rep that seems like they’ve been there for so long they don’t care and is rude as hell!
    At this point is there a point to pursue this further? What I want is for them to A) Honour what was promised or B) let me cancel and port out the number and pay the 30 days cancel fee at my old plan’s rate. Or if they can just let me cancel and don’t charge me the 30 days as compensation for all the hoops they’ve made me jump for the 10+ years we been with them. If my other phones and services were not still on a contract, I would have cancelled everything with them.

Feedback Score
    Oh, man. The problem here is that the first rep offered something that is not physically possible in the system (and for once I actually mean that, the only credit that can be added with that plan is a $5 msf credit and you can have voicemail and call display for free).

So the problem for the manager is that they would have to give you a manual $10 credit for however long you were planning on renewing for in order to 'honour' it - and also whether or not they consider it worth it. To be honest, Rogers doesn't really consider Mobilicity competition...

That said, the way you were treated sucks. I don't think you're asking for much to have the thirty days notice adjusted down to the lower rate. I'd call in again or wait until you've calmed down a bit and then call back to Michael and explain it to him. it's really the least tat they can do to try and make up to you for the situation.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Submit a complaint to CCTS.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Everyone has a manager -- seek out Michael's manager and file a complaint against the reps conduct if you're unhappy with it.

Device(s)
    K850i Green
    Feedback Score
    I understand Roger doesn't consider Mobilicity as a competitor. When I called back in Dec, I had the intention of just cancelling as Mobilicity had the 50% off all plans. The initial rep offered us a few plans such as the $27 plan and we insisted on cancelling. That's when she offered us the $37 plan for $22 + tax and will throw in the voicemail and call display for free. We decided to stay with Rogers because we didn't have to purchase a new phone for Mobilicity and we would only be paying $10 more than the $25 plan from Moblilicity after 50% discount. What frustrates me is that 1) The promotion with Mobilicity is over 2) The amount of time this is taking up. I had explain the incident to 7 different reps. Spending well over an hour each call. 3)The way I was treated as a customer that's been with Rogers for 10+ years. 4) Plan offered to me was not honored and if I want to cancel by porting out, I have to pay the 30 days at the new plan's rate. I think Rogers is the only company that gives me so much trouble. I seriously do not want to deal with Michael again.

I've been told the options I have now is to try OoP again and speak with someone else, Ombudsman or CCTS. I might just try again. If I cancel I want to at least be to pay the 30 days under the old plan's rate.