Thread: How can I switch to Microsim from Regular sim w/o changing phone number?

Feedback Score

Lightbulb How can I switch to Microsim from Regular sim w/o changing phone number?

Im currently using H2O Unlimited Talk and text plan for $30 on a nokia phone with regular H2O sim. I just bought a used ATT iphone 4 which takes the micro sim. I am wondering how can I switch to the microsim (which enables me to use the iphone) without having to change my phone number. I looked into the sim cutting tool but its too expensive..costs around $30. Not sure if I will be able to cut the sim myself w accuracy.

Please let me know how can i switch to the microsim.... thanks.

Phone
    Nokia 808 PureView, LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score

Re: How can I switch to Microsim from Regular sim w/o changing phone number?

If you can wait a few weeks for delivery, you can buy a foolproof sim cutter tool for under $6
    http://dx.com/p/micro-sim-card-cutter-black-126906

Or you can do a sim swap and exchange your sim for a micro sim at your provider.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HowardForums
    Past: Panasonic TX310, Siemens S40, Siemens A56, Nokia 6620, Nokia E71, Nokia 5230, Nokia C7-00 Belle
    Present: Nokia Lumia 710, Nokia 808 Pureview, LG Nexus 4

Phones
    iphone, i365 + rubber ducky, LG 290C, EVO
    iphone4
    LG 290C
    Carriers
    AT&T
    |NEXTEL|
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slikk View Post
    Im currently using H2O Unlimited Talk and text plan for $30 on a nokia phone with regular H2O sim. I just bought a used ATT iphone 4 which takes the micro sim. I am wondering how can I switch to the microsim (which enables me to use the iphone) without having to change my phone number. I looked into the sim cutting tool but its too expensive..costs around $30. Not sure if I will be able to cut the sim myself w accuracy.

Please let me know how can i switch to the microsim.... thanks.
    I just went to an ATT store and asked for a micro sim and they gave me one for free. it just depends on the rep that you get. most will not ask any questions. A never activated ATT branded sim works with H2O without a problem. you will just have to call H2O and activate the sim with your existing number! good luck!