Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3 on Straighttalk?

Feedback Score

Galaxy S3 on Straighttalk?

Has anyone used a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Straighttalk? If so, please reply with level of satisfaction.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    like any other android on st.either you live android or hate it.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Galaxy S3 on Straighttalk?

Make sure you get the compatible one with the operator and you will be good.
    The ATT or the international one supports HSPA+ 21. So practically you can see speeds up to 5-7 mbps download. Normally I get around 2mbps in nyc on nexus 4. If you get a Tmo variant you can get even higher speeds on St Tmo.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD

Phone
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    My SG3 using a ST ATT SIM works perfectly. 4-6 mbps DL typically. 1-2 UL

Feedback Score

I have been using my international s3 for awhile. Everything works awesone but my phone has a problem so i need ti send it i for repairs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using HowardForums

Feedback Score

I used a 747 (att branded) S3 for a few days on ST...great speeds, great screen. But I'm a sucker for apples iOS. The screen was damn hard to leave. Makes the iPhones look like a joke.

If u can get over using android definitely go for it.

Feedback Score
    Have been using my AT&T 747 for the last few days and so far, so good. My whole issue has been reception with the only tower within reasonable distance being AT&T. Just couldn't justify paying 80-100 per month with a contract. So, just got out of Sprint contract, and ST started BYOD using AT&T, and here I am! And, I LOVE MY S3!
    Tom

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tgrace007 View Post
    Have been using my AT&T 747 for the last few days and so far, so good. My whole issue has been reception with the only tower within reasonable distance being AT&T. Just couldn't justify paying 80-100 per month with a contract. So, just got out of Sprint contract, and ST started BYOD using AT&T, and here I am! And, I LOVE MY S3!
    Tom
    Welcome and I'm glad you're enjoying your phone and service. I was in your position exactly a year ago when I came to ST and never looked back. It's a wonderful thing.

Phone
    DROID 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    I used a 747 (att branded) S3 for a few days on ST...great speeds, great screen. But I'm a sucker for apples iOS. The screen was damn hard to leave. Makes the iPhones look like a joke.

If u can get over using android definitely go for it.
    Do I need to unlock the AT&T branded S3? Also, where do I find the AT&T ST Micro SIM?

Thanks!

Phone
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Yes the S3 needs to be unlocked. Micro SIMs can be best found on ebaY

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    Do I need to unlock the AT&T branded S3? Also, where do I find the AT&T ST Micro SIM?

Thanks!
    there is no need to unlock your at&t phone if your're going to get st at&t sim. u need 2 unlock only if you're going to get st tmobile sim. its been on hundreds of threads here on hofo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Thanks!
    You will NOT need to unlock the device to use a Straight Talk (or NET10) AT&T service SIM. If you end up with the T-Mobile variant you would.

As for acquiring the SIMs, they are no longer being sold directly. So your choice is to pay way too much on Fleabay or purchase a Straight Talk Nokia (AT&T) phone, and swap the SIM from that to your device of choice. The only SIM being sold directly now is the T-Mobile one. (For Straight Talk.)

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    If you can get the T-mobile Galaxy SIII (T999) it's superior to both the AT&T Galaxy SIII (I747) and the "international" Galaxy SIII (I9300) for Straight Talk/Net10, as long as you unlock it.

The T-mobile SIII is GSM only and it's QUAD BAND with both AT&T and T-mobile HSPA+ frequencies. The AT&T and international versions leave off the other GSM carrier here in the USA. (which is why I love my PENTABAND Nexus, it has everything.)

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala..._t999-4804.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4804

See how neither the AT&T version nor the International version has 1700MHz? Yet, the T-mobile version has ALL the AT&T bands + the T-mobile bands.

Buy a T999, unlock it and you have full choice of AT&T or T-mobile here in the USA.

The International is also good if you don't want to worry about unlocking. At least it has the AT&T bands and doesn't have the useless AT&T LTE radio
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 03-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phone
    DROID 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabster View Post
    You will NOT need to unlock the device to use a Straight Talk (or NET10) AT&T service SIM. If you end up with the T-Mobile variant you would.

As for acquiring the SIMs, they are no longer being sold directly. So your choice is to pay way too much on Fleabay or purchase a Straight Talk Nokia (AT&T) phone, and swap the SIM from that to your device of choice. The only SIM being sold directly now is the T-Mobile one. (For Straight Talk.)
    Thanks! Does it matter which Nokia?

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! Does it matter which Nokia?
    As far as I'm aware (and I may be wrong) only the E71 comes with the SIM you can use. Others are locked. There used to be a 2nd Nokia that could work but I don't believe they are selling that model any longer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast