Thread: T-Mobile Phone Blacklist?

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Phone Blacklist?

If I was to buy an unlocked iPhone from eBay which was on AT&T's network and it has a bad MEID number, could that phone ever be blocked on T-Mobile?

I called AT&T and they said that the phone is not reported stolen and is currently active on an AT&T account, but the eBay listing was posted one and a half hours ago.

The seller listed the MEID number and said to call AT&T before buying if someone is planning to use the phone on AT&T just in case... :/

EDIT: The seller said he owns a store for used phones so that's why he doesn't know if it may be stolen or not.

Feedback Score
    owner can report the phone "lost" at anytime later, then the phone will be on blacklist.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Androided; 01-13-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    If someone reports it lost on AT&T would it still work on T-Mobile?

I made a deal with the seller so that I'll call AT&T on Wednesday and if it's still not blacklisted I'll keep it, but if its reported stolen I'll return it. After Wednesday it's mine to keep and it would become my problem.

He said that it was sold in his store just today...

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: T-Mobile Phone Blacklist?

Tmobile and att are working on sharing blacklist systems so soon if a phone is reported on either side it won't work on neither network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieB620 View Post
    Tmobile and att are working on sharing blacklist systems so soon if a phone is reported on either side it won't work on neither network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    This, but the list is not shared between them yet I think. So, the stolen phone may work for a few months until they start sharing their blacklists.

Not really sure when they will start sharing the blacklists or if they have already. All sources just said sometime in 2013.

Feedback Score
    So there's almost no safe way to buy used phones anymore? :/

I figure that if someone will report their phone as stolen they will do it within four days. I mean, for all I know this could be a legitimate sale. I'll keep calling AT&T to make sure I'm not buying something that will turn into a paperweight at some point.

I've never before checked IMEIs or MEID numbers and I've bought a lot of used phones :/

Feedback Score
    Edit: I couldn't take it anymore. I cancelled the eBay sale. I'll pay $80 more at the Apple Store just to know that the device is unlocked and clean. I don't even know if it's worth it to get an iPhone 5 at this price since the S3 sells for around $400 used on eBay.

Feedback Score

Re: T-Mobile Phone Blacklist?

MEIDs are used in CDMA.

Sent from my DROID3 using HowardForums