Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Galaxy Proclaim update?

Feedback Score
    *228, Option 1 = *22890 = Initial OTA Programming
    *228, Option 2 = *22891 = Update PRL (Roaming)

This from page plus forum at

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...890-and-*22891

Phones
    Galaxy S4/32 KK 4.4.2
    Galaxy S4 (i337), iPhone 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do cdma phones have APNs? I'm not aware that they do.

I dial *22890 multiple times/week. Mainly just to reboot the phone when it gets a bit slow to respond. No change to my MMS issue. I probably will have to do a factory data reset to fix it. But that is a major PITA having to retweak all my apps. So I will continue to put that off for now.

Phones
    Galaxy S4/32 KK 4.4.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks junk_jim. Good to know. I will include the 91 number in the future. On my old VZW phones, I could see the PRL number. I don't think that shows anywhere on the Proclaim... or not that I've found.

BTW, after the update, these things changed to the following values under About Phone:
    Baseband version: S720C.01 VLI02

Baseband version: 2.6.35.7-1193552
    se.infra@SEP-55#2
    PREEMPT Wed Sep 12 10:20:26 KST

Build number: SCH-S720C.LI02

Quote Originally Posted by junk_jim View Post
    *228, Option 1 = *22890 = Initial OTA Programming
    *228, Option 2 = *22891 = Update PRL (Roaming)

This from page plus forum at

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...890-and-*22891

Feedback Score

Re: Galaxy Proclaim update?

Both GSM and CDMA phones have APN settings
    I assume that all these phones worked properly when you bought them.
    If this is the case try looking for a common element that is in the three phones that is out in the fourth.
    Your issue may be a app conflict being brought on by an app that is on the three phones and not on the fourth.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Phones
    Galaxy S4/32 KK 4.4.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We only have 3 phones. I've had trouble with MMS sporadically throughout my time with ST. I don't send that many MMS msgs, but would still like for it to work properly. We share a few common apps, but not that many. Things like Lookout and Out of Milk. My daughter probably has the most apps and customization, me 2nd, and my wife last.

Feedback Score

Re: Galaxy Proclaim update?

I know it may seem like a lot of trouble to go through but if you list all the apps you installed on your phones, then do some searches on line to see if there have been problems with any of them blocking mms on your device you may find the problem.
    Other than my one reset that caused me to lose data and since getting it back from the reprovision. I have never had issues with mine.
    Hopefully a little investigating in to your installed apps will provide answers.

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

Phones
    Galaxy S4/32 KK 4.4.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good idea. Maybe it's something simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
    We only have 3 phones. I've had trouble with MMS sporadically throughout my time with ST. I don't send that many MMS msgs, but would still like for it to work properly. We share a few common apps, but not that many. Things like Lookout and Out of Milk. My daughter probably has the most apps and customization, me 2nd, and my wife last.
    I was having issues not being able to send or receive mms also, after searching straight talk forums I found someone said to clear browser history/cookies/cache. Since I had a few browsers installed on my phone I did this with all of them and low and behold I was able to send and receive mms again. I like this phone and I like paying $45 a month, but all these problems I keep having with it are driving me nuts! It's almost not worth it to me, I've yet to have my audio issue return so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that; however, I am some what disappointed that the tethering doesn't work anymore. I didn't use it a lot, but there are a few times where it comes in handy. Mainly using it as a hotspot when visiting my father to connect his KINDLE to the internet to download a few books from time to time. Anyways, try the cache/cookie/history thing out and see if it works, it worked for me.

Phones
    Galaxy S4/32 KK 4.4.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I seem to recall that tech support had me clear the cache, cookies, and history to no avail. IAC, I just cleared them, did a *22891, and restarted the phone. I snagged a pic from my gallery and tried to send it to myself and just get a spinning wheel... as usual. Still no MMS capability.

sigh. Hey thanks anyway!

Feedback Score
    My samsung galaxy proclaim has poor signal strength, have 1 to 2 bars only. I live in a basment apartment. Had another android phone from st that was power by sprint, this phone is powered by verizon. Not sure if that is the problem or what. Seem to have great signal strenght out side of my apartment. Not sure what to do about this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
    I, too, had problems sending and retrieving MMS with my Proclaim and after a lot of googling, I finally found the solution.

The problem is that the MMS messages only send and receive over the data network. But, more importantly, they only send and receive if data is ON and wifi is OFF.

It's a big pain in the *** but if you turn off your wifi and enable your data, you will be able to send and receive MMS. At least that's what works for me.

Phones
    Galaxy S4/32 KK 4.4.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad you updated this as I'd forgotten about it. I found the solution for my MMS issues was to go to manage my apps and delete the cache for each app. I have no problems with MMS now.
    \manage applications\downloaded... go to each app and clear the cache.

Why that works is a mystery to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2