Thread: Data Coverage

Feedback Score

Data Coverage

I just started using my Ting. I bought a new Sprint EVO4G and switched it to Ting. Very easy. I am a little disappointed with the Sprint coverage. We are traveling in AZ and also carry an old Tracfone that runs on V. It never misses a beat! I had great cell service in Tucson but the 4G is gone when you are on the edge of the city. We are just outside Quatzsite and I do have cell service but no data. I suspect that the Sprint data coverage will be useless for traveling on the highways. BTW: The HTC EVO 4G is a great phone. Easier to use than my Canadian Rogers Samsung Nexus Google phone! But very plastic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
    I just started using my Ting. I bought a new Sprint EVO4G and switched it to Ting. Very easy. I am a little disappointed with the Sprint coverage. We are traveling in AZ and also carry an old Tracfone that runs on V. It never misses a beat! I had great cell service in Tucson but the 4G is gone when you are on the edge of the city. We are just outside Quatzsite and I do have cell service but no data. I suspect that the Sprint data coverage will be useless for traveling on the highways. BTW: The HTC EVO 4G is a great phone. Easier to use than my Canadian Rogers Samsung Nexus Google phone! But very plastic.
    Were you roaming in some of those places?

Because Ting does not have Data Roaming agreements like regular Sprint does.

Feedback Score
    Drew:Iknow that Ting only has native coverage. My point is that this coverage may not be very good. Voice has not missed a beat! I think that is because Ting roams the voice on V.