Thread: Iphone 5 on pageplus

Feedback Score

Post Iphone 5 on pageplus

Has anyone yet found a way to activate the Iphone 5 on pageplus completly?
    Are we able to use the Straight Talk iphone to activate on pageplus ?
    Any comments?

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I tend to think the reply you received at the following link is likely correct, that *228 or *22890 probably doesn't work and the phone would need to be flashed. I'm hoping the iPhone 5 on Straight Talk is a sign of things to come, and hopefully the rumors will turn out true and Page Plus will also get a way to run LTE phones with 3G data in a few months. If it doesn't happen by the time my Page Plus balance runs out, I've decided I can live without the optional plans and roaming that Page Plus offers, I'll just switch to Straight Talk.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post15036984

Carriers
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I purchased an iPhone 5 at Walmart last Saturday and ported my number in (from byop SIM Straight Talk), they salesperson activated my phone and initiated the port. She instructed that after my number stopped working on my previous phone to dial *22890 on the iPhone. She was in contact with I guess a Straight Talk person, who told her to do this.

I was familiar with the procedure from previous PagePlus phones. I tried a couple of times and it just sounded completely "dead", not like the usual music and voice telling what was going on about activating the phone. I stopped the call early and got a 'programming not completed' message. I tried again, and got the same quiet air, but just let it go, after about 40 or so seconds the call ended itself and said programming was successful.

Feedback Score

Re: Iphone 5 on pageplus

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine King View Post
    I purchased an iPhone 5 at Walmart last Saturday and ported my number in (from byop SIM Straight Talk), they salesperson activated my phone and initiated the port. She instructed that after my number stopped working on my previous phone to dial *22890 on the iPhone. She was in contact with I guess a Straight Talk person, who told her to do this.

I was familiar with the procedure from previous PagePlus phones. I tried a couple of times and it just sounded completely "dead", not like the usual music and voice telling what was going on about activating the phone. I stopped the call early and got a 'programming not completed' message. I tried again, and got the same quiet air, but just let it go, after about 40 or so seconds the call ended itself and said programming was successful.
    I do bet if you purchase a straight talk iphone and you give page plus the meid they will be able to activate it. Just don't tell them it's an iphone5.

I think the straight talk iphone5 has the ability to dial *22890 or initial activation done over wifi / use cellular connection. I am not sure about the second part but

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It was not the the *22890 that programmed the phone. The ST iPhone 5 is programmed in much the same way as other Verizon LTE phones, that is, a central server checks the inputted MEID and sends back activation instructions to the phone. In LTE devices, dialing *22890 gets dead silence because the old CDMA activation system is not being used. For the ST iPhone 4 and 4S *22890 would be needed.

Of course, the main difference between the Verizon and ST iPhone 5 is the latter's lack of a sim card because LTE isn't available for it.

If Page Plus has access to the same activation system as ST then the iPhone 5 would be activated without issue. I just don't think PP has the money to command such access.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Galaxy SIII (Ting)
    Misc T-Mobile Prepaid phones
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    T-Mobile PP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t6821hn View Post
    It was not the the *22890 that programmed the phone. The ST iPhone 5 is programmed in much the same way as other Verizon LTE phones, that is, a central server checks the inputted MEID and sends back activation instructions to the phone. In LTE devices, dialing *22890 gets dead silence because the old CDMA activation system is not being used. For the ST iPhone 4 and 4S *22890 would be needed.

Of course, the main difference between the Verizon and ST iPhone 5 is the latter's lack of a sim card because LTE isn't available for it.

If Page Plus has access to the same activation system as ST then the iPhone 5 would be activated without issue. I just don't think PP has the money to command such access.
    What happens with a VZW iPhone 5 when the SIM is removed? Does it act in legacy CDMA mode only? I thought I saw something about Straight Talk mentioning not to put any SIM in the SIM slot in the 5. If that's the case, and there's no SIM, I wonder if it will then act in legacy CDMA 1X/3G mode, and *228 will work.
    - acadiel

Phones
    Samsung i760
    Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

iPhone 5

Anyone try to activate iPhone 5 on PP?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boodles07 View Post
    Anyone try to activate iPhone 5 on PP?
    Try a forum search.

Phones
    Samsung i760
    Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

iPhone 5

I did, guess I was rekindling the topic hoping to hear a success story.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boodles07 View Post
    I did, guess I was rekindling the topic hoping to hear a success story.
    http://www.beigephone.com/flash-ipho...us-full-flash/ has said "Availability: COMING SOON" for around a month now. They must be working on it, or just hoping somebody eventually figures it out.

Phones
    Samsung i760
    Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

iPhone 5

I saw that, guess I will keep checking thx.

Feedback Score
    I am a PP dealer and the problem is PP does not have 4G capabilities but to activate the phone on PP service, drop the last # off the ESN and wahla. The only problem then is your 4G phone will run in 1X service(like the dial-up internet days.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Keismi View Post
    I am a PP dealer and the problem is PP does not have 4G capabilities but to activate the phone on PP service, drop the last # off the ESN and wahla. The only problem then is your 4G phone will run in 1X service(like the dial-up internet days.
    That's not right. As far as anybody knows, there is no way for a Vzw iPhone 5 to work at all on PPC.

You must have a LOT of unhappy customers if you're telling them what you posted!
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present