Thread: Thinking of joining VM, debating on which smartphone.

Feedback Score

Thinking of joining VM, debating on which smartphone.

Hey everyone. Currently my contract with sprint is over, still sticking with my old htc hero. Paying like 82 dollars a month, having some issues with current phone. I like how the 35 a month plan works with VM.

Ideally, I think I want to go for a smartphone. I see the HTC Evo V 4g is priced around 150 and the Samsung galaxy s ll is 279 dollars atm. I've read many reviews and watched youtube reviews on both phones. So from what I understand, the htc is the more "bang for the buck". But if I have the cash, go for the s ll for slightly better things? I also hear VM may be getting some new smartphones soon, so maybe I should go for the Evo V for the price, then just wait later during the year to see what's released?

I can't believe it's such a hard decision for picking out a smartphone, lol. I'm leaning more to just getting the s ll and enjoying it. Seems like a solid phone under a cheaper plan than current one. I won't be using that many minutes, more so for texting, internet features, reliable gps navigation, and some camera action.

Thanks everyone for any input/opinions.

Phones
    Optimus Elite
    Cyclops and Oystrs and Snappers oh my
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you can afford it, the SII is the way to go.
    Should also have a good resale value if you want
    to go for something else later on.

Phone
    HTC One V, LG My Touch Q
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There are rumors of VM getting LTE but at this point you can take that with a grain of salt. If it was a fact i would get a cheaper phone and get a LTE device down the road especially if you have it in your area. Since it is not anything but a rumor at this point i would go with the Evo V or SGS II.

Phone
    iPhone 6 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The Galaxy S2 is a better phone.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhavius View Post
    Hey everyone. Currently my contract with sprint is over, still sticking with my old htc hero. Paying like 82 dollars a month, having some issues with current phone. I like how the 35 a month plan works with VM.

Ideally, I think I want to go for a smartphone. I see the HTC Evo V 4g is priced around 150 and the Samsung galaxy s ll is 279 dollars atm. I've read many reviews and watched youtube reviews on both phones. So from what I understand, the htc is the more "bang for the buck". But if I have the cash, go for the s ll for slightly better things? I also hear VM may be getting some new smartphones soon, so maybe I should go for the Evo V for the price, then just wait later during the year to see what's released?

I can't believe it's such a hard decision for picking out a smartphone, lol. I'm leaning more to just getting the s ll and enjoying it. Seems like a solid phone under a cheaper plan than current one. I won't be using that many minutes, more so for texting, internet features, reliable gps navigation, and some camera action.

Thanks everyone for any input/opinions.
    Wait 5 months, get a LTE phone or get the galaxy s2.

Phone
    Nexus⁴,Moto G
    Carriers
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron View Post
    Wait 5 months, get a LTE phone or get the galaxy s2.
    Get the Evo now on the $35 plan, the phone is paid for in 3 months in savings (since your paying $82/mo now). Pocket the $100-150 savings until the new phones are released, either get one of them or the s2, or you may like the Evo (it is the best bang for the buck at $150 or lower).
    LG Nexus⁴ -- Beanstalk Kit-Kat 4.4.4_r2 -- LTE + ART enabled
    Moto G ------- Stock KitKat -- 4.4.3 -- with ART
    Acer A100 -- GodDroid CM10 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    Old: F3, Blaze 4g, SIII, OV, MT, Rise, Elite

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hershey_squirt View Post
    Get the Evo now on the $35 plan, the phone is paid for in 3 months in savings (since your paying $82/mo now). Pocket the $100-150 savings until the new phones are released, either get one of them or the s2, or you may like the Evo (it is the best bang for the buck at $150 or lower).
    I agree. In fact, I made the Sprint -> Evo V move last September.

I will say that depending on what your usage patterns are, you could port your number to google voice and take your phone to Ting.

The S2 is a better phone than the Evo, but if you're coming from a Hero, just about any phone will blow you away.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I decided to order the HTC EVO from VM for $149.00. It looks like a major upgrade to current buggy phone. I'll sit on that one with the nice, $35 dollar plan until I see some of the newer models that come out later this year. I like your logic hershey_squirt. Thanks again guys!

Phone
    iPhone 6 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score

Thinking of joining VM, debating on which smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhavius View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I decided to order the HTC EVO from VM for $149.00. Thanks again guys!
    You will like it, if you live in a good Wi-Max area you will love it.

A bit hungry in the battery department but there are inexpensive extended batteries and doors out there. There is actually a thread about it in the device forum.

Sent using Tapatalk

Carrier
    Sprint Prepaid; Ptel; T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I've had the HTC Evo v 4g since Cyber Monday week. It's very good, super fast web browsing if you are in 4g area like I am. It is no fun without the latest update, though. Since the update, it's good. Just wish it had a Qwerty keyboard. I bought a Motorolla Bluetooth Zoom keyboard and wireless mouse, which works well on my Nexus 7.