Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: using Imessage on Verizon Iphone 4 on Page Plus???

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score

using Imessage on Verizon Iphone 4 on Page Plus???

Ok folks, i've got my Verizon Iphone 4 working on Page Plus in the last hour or so but i do have one question. I have noticed when i use the Verizon Iphone to Imessage my wife it will only work when using WIFI, i also noticed that when someone with an Iphone tries to message me over wifi it doesnt come thru until they get off of wifi and when they do it comes over as a regular text?
    Can someone explain this to me and maybe what i need to do to get my Verizon Iphone using Imessage, i did forget one thing, does it matter what plan you are using in order for Imessage to work, i just signed up for the $12/month plan just to see how i would like their service.

thanks

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Have you checked your PPC online account to see if you've used up all of your data? The 12 only includes 10MB, which isn't a lot.

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    When I go into my acct I don't see where I can check my usage, how do I go about it? I just signed up today will it possibly show up tomorrow?

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    I just added this phone to my acct and I see it now, shows I have 9.36 mb left, any other idea why I message may not be working?

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    First, do you have iMessage turned on in settings, and does it show as connected. Also, you need to tell iMessage whether you want iMessage to use your phone number, your iMessage email adress, or both, and you need to tell your friends which one they should send to. You also need to check to see if you have iMessage to default to a text, if it can't send over iMessage. It sounds like your iMessage either isn't enabled, or is set up incorrectly.

Also, unless you have data turned on on your phone on all the time, iMessage will only send the 'blue' iMessages over WiFi. If you turn data off, on your iPhone, the iMessage will send as a 'green' text. If you leave your data turned on, iMessage will try over WiFi first, then will send over 3G, if WiFi is not available.

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    I will see and make sure its set up correctly, I am also not able to get on the internet without wifi so data doesn't seem to be working, any idea there?

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Do you have data turned on on the phone?
    Settings>General>Network>enable 3G

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    On the Verizon iPhone I go into settings,cellular, and make sure cellular is on and in the top left corner of the phone it says I have 3G . Again I cannot get iMessage or data, no data at all but I can text and make calls, can someone point me in the right direction?

Carriers
    StraightTalk
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockey View Post
    On the Verizon iPhone I go into settings,cellular, and make sure cellular is on and in the top left corner of the phone it says I have 3G . Again I cannot get iMessage or data, no data at all but I can text and make calls, can someone point me in the right direction?
    Did you use *228 option 1 for OTA after activation? Then power cycle the phone?

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    I did do the *228 but no power cycle, I will try that, I just chatted with PP vie Internet Chat and they told me since it was an iPhone he could not help me since they were banned on 5/2012

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Go back into Settings>Messages> and make sure it says iMessage is ON. Also check the Receive At and make sure it has your phone number showing.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: using Imessage on Verizon Iphone 4 on Page Plus???

It doesn't take much to go through 10mbs of data and sometimes the online status is delayed. My guess is you have no data left to use.

Sent from my HTC One V using HowardForums

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmk76 View Post
    It doesn't take much to go through 10mbs of data and sometimes the online status is delayed. My guess is you have no data left to use.

Sent from my HTC One V using HowardForums
    Whe I asked that question LAST NIGHT, rockey said "I have 9.36 mb left".
    I just added this phone to my acct and I see it now, shows I have 9.36 mb left, any other idea why I message may not be working?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I will see and make sure its set up correctly, I am also not able to get on the internet without wifi so data doesn't seem to be working, any idea there?
    The real question is why can't you get on the Internet using cellular data if you have I have 9.36MB remaining? And if you can't get on the internet using cellular data, what is making it show that you used the 0.64MB of data?

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    That is a very good question about the usage of the data, I will reset the phone tonight and try the reprogramming again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast