Thread: advice re:trading s3 for note - on Craigslist?

Phones
    Fido 3390 (lost)
    Samsung sph-a540 (booted telus)
    6275i (Virgin)
    Carriers
    virgin
    Feedback Score

advice re:trading s3 for note - on Craigslist?

Sorry if this in wrong thread.
    I have (and love) samsung s3 on Bell. I want the Note 2. I am looking on Craigslist but I don;t have a good feeling.

Whether I trade for the Note 2 or sell my s3 what should i look for?

There is a place selling the Note 2 for between $550 and $600. Is that the going rate? Could i be buying knockoffs somehow? Is there a model that isn't really a full note2?

What else should i be asking? Sorry again - help?
    THanks
    jim N

Feedback Score
    Craigslist is risky, you risk getting a broken or stolen phone dealing with it. Never deal with CL it's dangerous! Sell it on Amazon and take the money and buy a new one. eBay is also risky (a buyer can claim you sent them a box of rocks and PayPal ALWAYS rules in favor of the buyer.)
    Just say NO! to CDMA carriers!

Phones
    Fido 3390 (lost)
    Samsung sph-a540 (booted telus)
    6275i (Virgin)
    Carriers
    virgin
    Feedback Score

What about dealers - semi dealers near Steeles Ave in Toronto

Thanks for the practical advice and your reply. I guess, then, I am wondering, if I go to some of the people on Craigslist that seem to have a storefront (from the amount of ads posted), if someone knows the exact model - I don't want to end up with a Note 2 that was destined for the Kazikstan market with an inferior processor (or something). No offense to Kazikstan - I just meant is there a way to determine that i am getting the mainstream model intended for NA market.

And thanks for any replys
    Jn

Quote Originally Posted by CDMAHater4Ever View Post
    Craigslist is risky, you risk getting a broken or stolen phone dealing with it. Never deal with CL it's dangerous! Sell it on Amazon and take the money and buy a new one. eBay is also risky (a buyer can claim you sent them a box of rocks and PayPal ALWAYS rules in favor of the buyer.)

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Craigslist is dangerous? Crossing the road is dangerous. Jumping out of a plane is dangerous. I wouldn't automatically dismiss Craigslist as an option. If you are careful, and can read people well, I think that Craigslist is a great place to buy and sell. I have bought and sold plenty of phones in person on Craigslist. For every 10 good transactions, there might be a scammer here and there, but if you are smart and don't rush things, you can usually avoid those.
    Current Device: White Out Moto X 32GB
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Phones
    Moto G
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Moto G, Lumian 925
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    TelnaMobile
    Feedback Score
    I've done some trading on Craigslist and always felt like I was engaged in something shady. "Meet me in the parking lot of the abandoned service station." sort of stuff. It worked out but it seems like something underhanded.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    Craigslist is dangerous? Crossing the road is dangerous. Jumping out of a plane is dangerous. I wouldn't automatically dismiss Craigslist as an option. If you are careful, and can read people well, I think that Craigslist is a great place to buy and sell. I have bought and sold plenty of phones in person on Craigslist. For every 10 good transactions, there might be a scammer here and there, but if you are smart and don't rush things, you can usually avoid those.
    I've purchased three vehicles off CraigsList, all three needed new transmissions within a few months. I purchased a netbook which had a bad motherboard. I've purchased game consoles which only work for a few minutes because they need a new laser. I purchased a vacuum which needed a new motor. I know not everyone on CraigsList is bad, but most are, especially if they're selling small things like phones and stuff. These usually sell for more on eBay/Amazon, if they're being sold on CraigsList it's probably because they're broken and cant be sold on sites that use reversible payment methods like credit cards.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Buying a used vehicle is always a risk unless you have it inspected by a mechanic. I bought a used car from a dealer, and grenaded the engine less than 3 weeks later. Turned out that the crankshaft snapped in half. No cause, no reason why, it just broke. Destroyed the entire motor. The car also ended up needing a new transmission as well.

Craigslist is still a good place to find a good deal.