Thread: Samsung Dart Target $44

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score

Samsung Dart Target $44

Just in case anyone is interested in this low end budget Android, I saw it at a few Targets yesterday on clearance for $44 and change.

Original price was $149.

A good buy for sure!

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to get one for my girlfriend as we're both moving over to TMO....went to three different targets nearby to no avail. Of course Ebay is now littered with some. Sigh.

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Samsung Dart Target $44

I have a Dart. It comes with Android 2.2 (Froyo) installed. I have found several apps, notably bank-related that will not work with 2.2, you need minimum Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread) for some of those.

For an entry-level Android, it's a good phone and it includes T-Mobile's WiFi Calling app which does use minutes, if you are not on an unlimited plan.

The HowardForums app also works with the Dart.

My Dart is on the $2.00/day unlimited plan which includes unlimited 2G data, so I have the phone set to use the EDGE (2G) network, although the Dart includes the 1700/2100 UMTS bands, but only up to 3G speeds (7.2Mbps). If you want up to 3G speeds for data, you would need to get at least the $3/day plan or one of the monthly plans.

--
    Sent from my SCH-I110 using HowardForums
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Carrier
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

I have not seen a T-Mobile branded dart in any retail stores only st branded. Your better off getting the exhibit or blaze

Sent from my SGH-T679 using HowardForums

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score

I remember seeing a dart in Target what seemed such a long time ago but not recently so I assume that might've been some old stock that was getting rid of in order to make room for newer phones.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Forgive me, but I had a good chuckle when I saw this. Back in 2010, the T--Mobile store in Keene, NH closed up shop. Shortly afterwards, the Target there dumped all their T--Mobile Monthly phones. I believe I got 4 of the Dart for $45 (I still have one NIB, one is in Michigan, and I am not sure where the other 2 are). I also scored a LG GS170 for $10. Remember that this back in December of 2010 I got these (pic in another thread here somewhere). Since then Keene’s Target would get T-Mobile phone in from time to time and then put them right out on the clearance rack. I’ve since picked up a Sparq for $15 and a Concord for $30. I keep hoping to walk into the store and see a L9 for $100.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Didn't see any T-Mobile phones on clearance but I walked out with a Gateway 15.6" AMD A8-4500M quad-core laptop for $265! I always swing by the laptops after I look at the clearance end cap.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Lumia 635, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    Didn't see any T-Mobile phones on clearance but I walked out with a Gateway 15.6" AMD A8-4500M quad-core laptop for $265! I always swing by the laptops after I look at the clearance end cap.
    Thanks IsLand BoY...
    On my way to Target now!!!

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Forgive me, but I had a good chuckle when I saw this. Back in 2010, the T--Mobile store in Keene, NH closed up shop. Shortly afterwards, the Target there dumped all their T--Mobile Monthly phones. I believe I got 4 of the Dart for $45 (I still have one NIB, one is in Michigan, and I am not sure where the other 2 are). I also scored a LG GS170 for $10. Remember that this back in December of 2010 I got these (pic in another thread here somewhere). Since then Keene’s Target would get T-Mobile phone in from time to time and then put them right out on the clearance rack. I’ve since picked up a Sparq for $15 and a Concord for $30. I keep hoping to walk into the store and see a L9 for $100.
    Really wow that's cheap for back in 2010. I never saw them at this low price till a few weeks ago, I only have seen them for about $149.