Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 GoPhone

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

iPhone 5 GoPhone

Hi i was wondering if i get an att iphone 5 from apple or ebay and i trim down my micro sim to a nano if i can just use talk and text on the paygo plan. I dont want data since i use wifi everywhere.
    Can i do this?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    That's what I do with my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket. Works great. I would hope you could do the same with an Apple phone.

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

iPhone 5 GoPhone

Yes you can. You can go to the store and ask them to transfer your account to a nano sim as an alternative method.

Feedback Score
    Anyone get 'caught' by AT&T using a smartphone (iPhone 5) on AT&T's non-smartphone GoPhone plan?

Feedback Score
    ^^^ and how much do they actually sell sim cards for in the US.. as in the actual cards themselves and do they have nano sims available commonly?

THANKS

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorbob View Post
    Anyone get 'caught' by AT&T using a smartphone (iPhone 5) on AT&T's non-smartphone GoPhone plan?
    There is no penalty for using a smartphone on a GoPhone plan. Data will not work for a recognized smartphone unless you purchase a data package. Data packages can only be purchased for thirty day service plans.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Data will not work for a recognized smartphone unless you purchase a data package.
    The point is to use an unrecognized smartphone (Verizon CDMA iPhone 5) on AT&T's GSM network, getting unlimited data for the non-smartphone GoPhone monthly prepaid cost, *without* paying for an additional data package. Hence, the getting 'caught' doing so question.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It would take over two years to recover the cost of the iPhone compared to paying $25 per thirty days for a data package.

Feedback Score
    It would take over two years to recover the cost of the iPhone compared to paying $25 per thirty days for a data package.
    What exactly is the math behind that statement? The only options I know are a subsidized iPhone 5 + 2-year contract vs. a full cost iPhone 5 + prepaid carrier. Buying a Verizon CDMA iP5, then using it on AT&T's GSM GoPhone "$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan" is the cheapest unlimited voice, text, and data option that I know of.

That is, except for buying an iP5 from Straight Talk + $45/month prepaid service. But that iP5 is reportedly not SIM unlocked for GSM like the Verizon one is. On the flip side, Straight Talk will ironically not allow the Verizon iP5 on their CDMA (Verizon tower based) service.

If you (or anyone) can show lower numbers for any cumulative 2 years of service, I would much appreciate seeing them. Remember, the requirements are unlimited voice, text, and data.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: iPhone 5 GoPhone

I was comparing purchasing a Verizon iPhone 5 for at least $650 to avoid paying $25 for data using a less expensive smartphone.

Sent from my GtabComb using HowardForums

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

iPhone 5 GoPhone

What exactly is the math behind that statement? The only options I know are a subsidized iPhone 5 + 2-year contract vs. a full cost iPhone 5 + prepaid carrier. Buying a Verizon CDMA iP5, then using it on AT&T's GSM GoPhone "$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan" is the cheapest unlimited voice, text, and data option that I know of.

That is, except for buying an iP5 from Straight Talk + $45/month prepaid service. But that iP5 is reportedly not SIM unlocked for GSM like the Verizon one is. On the flip side, Straight Talk will ironically not allow the Verizon iP5 on their CDMA (Verizon tower based) service.

If you (or anyone) can show lower numbers for any cumulative 2 years of service, I would much appreciate seeing them. Remember, the requirements are unlimited voice, text, and data.
    The straight talk iPhone 5 is sim unlocked. I bet you could use the go phone plan with it as well. $50.

Feedback Score
    I was comparing purchasing a Verizon iPhone 5 for at least $650 to avoid paying $25 for data using a less expensive smartphone.
    This discussion thread is specifically limited to the iPhone 5. No red herrings, thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    The straight talk iPhone 5 is sim unlocked. I bet you could use the go phone plan with it as well. $50.
    The ST iP5 is SIM unlocked for GSM, like the VZW one. However, it is reportedly disabled for LTE. So, since the ST & VZW (CDMA) iP5's cost the same, the VZW one is better (not LTE locked). The kicker is that you can only use the ST CDMA iP5 on ST. They won't allow the VZW CDMA iP5. (No physical reason. Just their refusal.)

Also, you can use an unlocked AT&T (GSM) iP5 on ST, but not on VZW.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This discussion thread is specifically limited to the iPhone 5. No red herrings, thank you.
    Is not the Verizon iPhone 5 an iPhone 5? The message to which I replied mentioned using a Verizon iPhone 5 to escape having to purchase a separate data package for a smartphone. In fact, it was your message.
    The point is to use an unrecognized smartphone (Verizon CDMA iPhone 5) on AT&T's GSM network, getting unlimited data for the non-smartphone GoPhone monthly prepaid cost, *without* paying for an additional data package. Hence, the getting 'caught' doing so question.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    Why purchase an iPhone through Straight Talk to use with GoPhone service? You get a better deal with Straight Talk. You also do not have to worry about getting a nano-SIM card to use the telephone on AT&T nor do you have to change the data settings. The Straight Talk iPhone 5 is configured automatically.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast