Thread: Straight talk samsung galaxy proclaim battery life horrible

Feedback Score

Straight talk samsung galaxy proclaim battery life horrible

I barely have any apps on my phone and it drains the battery life in 6 hours. Is there something else I can do to save the battery life?

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by catfan38 View Post
    I barely have any apps on my phone and it drains the battery life in 6 hours. Is there something else I can do to save the battery life?
    Turn off wifi, bluetooth and GPS or get an extended battery. I saw one on eBay with a 2050 mAH ratings.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: Straight talk samsung galaxy proclaim battery life horrible

Amazon has an OEM Samsung 2400 mAh battery with extended battery door for the proclaim/illusion. My battery life dies within 3-4 hours. I just bought tr byod sum and sticking it in my own phone. Besides, here, been though having lte on Verizon and 3G, its slow as a snail. I thought 3H would be faster since most customers are moving to lte but its not. Its at best comparable to at&ts edge. I ant handle it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Go to menu system--
    Settings>about phone>battery use
    --to see what's been using your battery.

Make sure nothing is on that you don't need. That means turning off Bluetooth and GPS that's already been mentioned plus the WiFi. Also turn the screen brightness down I use mine a about 40%. Automatic screen brightness doesn't seem to work to well for me.

Stop all the apps and the Play Store from syncing in the background. Go to menu system--
    Settings> Accounts & Sync
    --uncheck Background data.

If you have no signal then put the phone in airplane mode until you do have a signal as searching for a signal seems to use way more power that just keeping tabs on it.

Do these things and you should be able to easily make it through the day. If you leave the GPS and WiFi on then the battery will be toast in the 6 hours you mention.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I always checked the battery usage stats and all was normal. The top contenders were always screen, android system and phone. I just think the phone has severely poor programming and is not very energy efficient. That's why custom roms are always the way to go, they are made very power efficient, stripped of all the unnecessary. Unfortunately there are no custom roms available for the Proclaim so it's kinda as is at the moment. I just got a Pantech Pocket, and it runs with a 1680mAh battery Vs. 1500mAh in the proclaim and it last 2x longer even running with a bigger and higher resolution screen which uses more battery and processing power. There really isn't any excuse as to why the proclaim has such horrible battery. It's by far the worst I have ever encountered.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys - all these seemed to work and my phone will last the whole day. Thanks a lot!!!

Feedback Score
    Benjamin I seem to be having much better luck with my Proclaim. I pulled it off the charger 12 hours go; looked at email four or five times, made a few calls, listened to music for maybe 30 minute ran the GPS and GPS logging software for over an hour and a half and the phone still has 73% charge.

I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm pretty sure what your seeing is not typical of the service you should be getting.

I've never tried custom rom's and wanted to but I guess the Proclaim just isn't considered sexy enough hardware by the developers. I really wanted to try jellybean and a rom was clearly the only way to get it on the Proclaim. Sammy will never give it to us.