Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I get a Tracfone that is not listed for my zip code?

Feedback Score

Can I get a Tracfone that is not listed for my zip code?

Mentioned in another post that my T404g is not getting good reception. The nearby town I work in has holes in coverage on the map and I can tell! I need to get back on a CDMA phone. When I put in the zip of that town, I get the CDMA phones and there are only 3 to choose from. But when I browse all phones on the Tracfone website, there are other C phones that come up. Like the LG 505c. I click on Buy and then it asks for the zip code again and I am back to those 3 phones that don't include the 505c.

Would there be any problem with buying the 505c on Amazon (it is directly from Amazon)? It should still work, right?

If I have to get one of the 3 in the zip code, it will be the Samsung S380c. Anybody like that one?

If I switch my daughter back to CDMA she would probably prefer the 505c because "everybody has a touch screen".

Feedback Score
    CDMA phones on Tracfone.com

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...view&market=CO

Try this zip code for CDMA .

When you check out, use your real address, etc to pay.

You can buy a CDMA phone from anywhere. You just want to be sure you will have service in the area you want to use it - and you're good on that .
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Still get those same three options with 51355 zip. Just curious why it looks like you can buy a 505c on Tracfone but yet it's not offered in at least a couple of zips that do CDMA.

Just have to decide whether to get a S380C from Tracfone or a 505C from Amazon, I guess.

Feedback Score
    Browse All Phones is just a summary of Tracfones from recent years. It lets you see the possibilities.

Tracfone itself does not really want to have everything. They have a selection in case people can't get to a store. But regular stores can have a completely different assortment. It's just how the company spreads things out. They also have deals on the home shopping channels.

So you have to look around and find someplace that sells what you want.

The 505C used to be on the website, but I guess they let Amazon take over for whatever reason. Maybe the price was scary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
    Just have to decide whether to get a S380C from Tracfone or a 505C from Amazon, I guess.
    You can also get a Samsung R455C CDMA slider/qwerty (as is the LG505C). It is not available from Tracfone but it is still available in some Targets and from other sources like ebay (shopcelldeals is reliable), Amazon and others. The LG 505C is almost $100, very expensive and IMO not worth the extra money. I had one and sent it back.

Here is a link to the tutorial for the R455C. The tutorial contains a picture, instructions on its features and at the bottom left you will find a link to the pdf User Guide. Look it over, see what you think.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...C&locale=en_US

If the R455C doesn't do it for you, I would choose betwee the LG 505C and the S380C and skip the other choices: Lg501C, etc. I have the S390G which is the GSM cousin of the S380C but they are not identical. The S390G has more features so check the S380C threads here to get owner reactions. Don't go by the S390G threads beacause they will be praising features that the S380C doesn't have. For one thing, the S390G has wifi and the S380C does not.

Be aware that the S380C is V-E-R-Y expensive for sending picture messages, ringtones and graphics, much more expensive than prior Tracfone phones. So are the S390G, the S425G and all recently issued Tracfones. The R455C and the LG 505C use the previous MMS rates so are much cheaper. If your daughter sends a lot of pictures, ringtones and graphics, the MMS rates are likely to drain her minutes quickly. Texting rates are the same as previous models so texting is not the issue.

Good luck with the decision.
    Last edited by annepani; 01-26-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks, good info. I saw the R455C and liked it because it looks similar to my T404G, but Amazon doesn't have any and I didn't know where else to look. I will check into that one too.

Feedback Score
    Can't find an R455C Tracfone online yet...

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Haven't seen anything else from you in any other threads, but I'd want to know what GSM carrier your current phone is running on. Maybe you should research whatever the alternative GSM carrier's coverage in your area is, and see if that would be suitable. You might get away with just getting a new SIM from Trac and keeping the phone you've got (for instance, if you currently have T-Mobile and AT&T would be better).

Feedback Score

Try Target stores. Here's how to locate an item at a target store

Wow, thanks, good info. I saw the R455C and liked it because it looks similar to my T404G, but Amazon doesn't have any and I didn't know where else to look. I will check into that one too.
    To locate the R455C at a target store, you must have the Target DPCI number. This works better than the UPC number or model number. The DPCI number for the R455C is DPCI # 080-02-0027.

1. Call the corporate number during normal business hours. 1-800-440-0680
    2. Tell them 'I want to find an item in a Target store near me. I have the DPCI number and my zip code is ________.' Then give them DPCI # 080-02-0027. They will give you the list of Targets in your area that
    have the phone, if any.

Try it and post back with the results.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Just bought a lg505c from amazon and activated it with no problem, kept my minutes and days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildew49 View Post
    Just bought a lg505c from amazon and activated it with no problem, kept my minutes and days.
    How much did you pay for it?

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Can't find an R455C Tracfone online yet...
    never mind. I can't read.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 01-26-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    How much did you pay for it?
    $89.95, needed it in hurry,my wife`s phone developed major screen issues suddenly, had travel plans and need it NOW. As I said all minutes and days transferred without issue. I live in a gsm area, but have much better signal with cdma.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Wal-Mart claims to have them, even in some stores.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/20933086
    That link is for the Straight Talk phone, not the Tracfone phone. It can't be used on Tracfone.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    That link is for the Straight Talk phone, not the Tracfone phone. It can't be used on Tracfone.
    Drat. I saw the R451C was ST, but missed that on the R455C page.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast