Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Ability To Order AT&T Sims Removed From Straight Talk Site

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    nope.with throttling you still have data.witha cap you are cut off.

put it this way with a cap is like running out of road.with throttling it is like the road got real narrow and your ouside mirrors are smacking the tree limbs.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Still a good deal after the 1.5GB cap. Even better if there is no throttling for your entire quota and/or you can use your data any way you see fit (tethering).

Virgin Mobile/Boost are the only "true" unlimited data options, assuming you can live with pathetic coverage and post-throttled speeds.
    Nexus 5 rooted with ST AT&T LTE SIM & full Google Voice integration

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
    Still a good deal after the 1.5GB cap. Even better if there is no throttling for your entire quota and/or you can use your data any way you see fit (tethering).

Virgin Mobile/Boost are the only "true" unlimited data options, assuming you can live with pathetic coverage and post-throttled speeds.
    yes but att doesnt want st to put undue burden on there network.i dont teather nor stream so i dont have any issuea.

Feedback Score

Ability To Order AT&T Sims Removed From Straight Talk Site

Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post

put it this way with a cap is like running out of road.with throttling it is like the road got real narrow and your ouside mirrors are smacking the tree limbs.
    Haha, yeah I agree with cooter. I've even saying it for months, sometimes, you just need more data. When storms know out my power or a week I tethered with straight talk exclusively to around 4GB...only once every few years that could happen. But if it does you know you can do it. Now instead of gambling with a possible future throttle for excessive use, you're cut off at a too low of a number of 1.5...and just totally cutoff. Don't like that. We'll see what happens.

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

More like 14.4 dial up speed, you'd be 6 feet down by the time web page load up (LOL)

Feedback Score

Clearly stated you still can't tether. So you can still get terminated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    Haha, yeah I agree with cooter. I've even saying it for months, sometimes, you just need more data. When storms know out my power or a week I tethered with straight talk exclusively to around 4GB...only once every few years that could happen. But if it does you know you can do it. Now instead of gambling with a possible future throttle for excessive use, you're cut off at a too low of a number of 1.5...and just totally cutoff. Don't like that. We'll see what happens.
    If it was 1.5GB then a heavy throttle I would be fine. The complete cutoff is what bothers me as well.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    I used to set my daily allowance to kick me off @75MB which I've never close. Now I have it set @50. me and cooter55 will be travelling just fine . funny you mentioned dirt roads, its what we have here so I'm already programed. If I really need to gobble up excessive and fast data, there is always my hardline data connection.

Feedback Score
    I hope all the people saying that they never get close to 1.5GB realize they have no idea how close they get to 1.5GB every month because Straight Talk has never made the information available to us. If you load a webpage and you drop 50% of the packets coming to you guess what? Your usage is double what your phone tells you. Carrier data usage rates are always higher than what your phone records. Straight Talk will record all the data going to your phone regardless if your phone receives it/re-requests it.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post

Either way, TELL ME what the limit is. Before they denied there was a limit, then throttled you when you crossed the secret limit -- and then said it was your fault. This is more honest.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsuncampanella View Post
    I hope all the people saying that they never get close to 1.5GB realize they have no idea how close they get to 1.5GB every month because Straight Talk has never made the information available to us. If you load a webpage and you drop 50% of the packets coming to you guess what? Your usage is double what your phone tells you. Carrier data usage rates are always higher than what your phone records. Straight Talk will record all the data going to your phone regardless if your phone receives it/re-requests it.
    ICS has built in data monitoring, I'll check if JB 4.2.2 has. ChazzMatt has also mentioned a free app from google play that he uses, I for one, use the 3G Watchdog, this app allows me to use multiple handset so the accumulated data count can be transfered from one handset to the other.

Carriers
    MetroPCS (T-Mobile US)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Ability To Order AT&T Sims Removed From Straight Talk Site

This 1.5GB cap doesn't necessarily mean that the AT&T SIM would become available again either. For all we know, this could be a ruse to eventually push AT&T users over to the less expensive T-Mobile network.
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    ICS has built in data monitoring, I'll check if JB 4.2.2 has. ChazzMatt has also mentioned a free app from google play that he uses, I for one, use the 3G Watchdog, this app allows me to use multiple handset so the accumulated data count can be transfered from one handset to the other.
    Did you not read my post before you quoted it? I clearly said the Phone will record less data usage than Straight Talk will. I don't care what app you use. Fragments sent to the phone count as data usage the phone apps simply can't record. If you have crystal clear reception you won't have any issues. If you are in spotty areas you will be in for a surprise.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Either way, TELL ME what the limit is. Before they denied there was a limit, then throttled you when you crossed the secret limit -- and then said it was your fault. This is more honest.
    there is no real secret limmit.most throttles are due to teathering,streaming or acts that seams to act like the two.such as updating ois or large apps.even large youtube vids will act like streaming.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsuncampanella View Post
    Did you not read my post before you quoted it? I clearly said the Phone will record less data usage than Straight Talk will. I don't care what app you use. Fragments sent to the phone count as data usage the phone apps simply can't record. If you have crystal clear reception you won't have any issues. If you are in spotty areas you will be in for a surprise.
    Yeah, spotty areas are always troublesome. Phone internet service is not my main source to WWW, if vast amount of data is what I need, hardline is always the most reliable.

Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 104 ... LastLast