Thread: verizon iphone 4 on page plus?

Phone
    Palm Pre
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Question verizon iphone 4 on page plus?

I have a Verizon iphone 4 on a postpaid account that is currently on a month to month basis and i have two questions

1) what do i need to do in order to be able to bring my old verizon iphone and phone number over to pageplus?

2) will all the features (txt, mms, visual vm, etc) still work the same?

the reason i ask is because ive searched the forums and there seems to be conflicting answers. some posts say that the iphone4 isnt allowed while some say it is. i see some post talking about having to flash the phone and others about over the air updates to switch the phone to page plus?

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    1) just port your number and phone over to Page Plus. I think you can do this via the online chat. It would be best not to mention it is an iPhone, but if you get any grief, just use another agent or port through a dealer's anonymous website online port form.

2) everything except visual voice mail should work. Talk, text, data, iMessage, FaceTime and MMS should work fine. You will need to have data turned on to use MMS.

No flashing needed, if this is a Verizon iPhone. Flashing is needed for Sprint iPhones.

Edit: Since you don't have an account already, you might need to use the Page Plus online port form, since I think you have to have an account to access the online chat.

Phone
    Palm Pre
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    1) just port your number and phone over to Page Plus. I think you can do this via the online chat. It would be best not to mention it is an iPhone, but if you get any grief, just use another agent or port through a dealer's anonymous website online port form.

2) everything except visual voice mail should work. Talk, text, data, iMessage, FaceTime and MMS should work fine. You will need to have data turned on to use MMS.

No flashing needed, if this is a Verizon iPhone. Flashing is needed for Sprint iPhones.

Edit: Since you don't have an account already, you might need to use the Page Plus online port form, since I think you have to have an account to access the online chat.
    are there any settings that need to be changed on the phone? (ie: wap gatewAy?)

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i244 View Post
    No settings need to be changed. Since you have already used it on Verizon, everything should be good to go. I bought my iPhone 4 used, but it had been activated previously on Verizon, and I didn't have to change any network settings.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i244 View Post
    That was only necessary for dumb and feature phones. Good luck!

Feedback Score

Cool Page Plus on iPhone 4 Works 100% and then some -

Just switched a Verizon iPhone 4 to Page Plus and Ported the number. Everything was up and running in 10 mins with full functionality (mms,data,vm,phone) for free, they even preload your phone with $2.00 to make a call/text and check the data. Grand total $40.00 for the month of service, Whatta Steal.
    I hesitantly called in because of billing troubles online and the CSR was more than happy to help me with my iPhone 4, which she stated she knew I had after I gave her the MEID. Don't be afraid to call, if you get turned down call again.

If your wondering what will be needed to port your number you can always go to the page plus cellular website and click activate.
    YOU WILL NEED:

- Name on account
    - MEID or ESN
    - Account Number
    - Account Password - used the 5 letter Verizon online pass .
    - Current Carrier and Phone Number
    - *Account address - Didnt need

When your ready Activate the phone by calling *22890, check all functions and add a very reasonable plan midst this Dark Cellular Age.

Full functionality with a $55/month Unlimited/2Gb data plan, tax-free.

"Free your Phone, and the rest will follow."

Feedback Score

unclear how to proceed - use Verizon iPhone 4 with PagePlus

Hi,

This is very encouraging, but I called twice and as soon as I mentioned an iPhone was told "no."

I am currently on Verizon using an older Samsung phone. Got a Verizon iPhone 4 from my parents when they upgraded. I have jailbroken the iPhone and installed Cydia, but was then informed that unlocking wasn't possible at the moment. Then I heard of flashing which led me to this forum and your post.

I apologize if I am missing something obvious, but it seems everywhere I look I get conflicting information. I would really like to use the iPhone 4, but don't want to pay Verizon's prices for something I don't use all that much. It seems like PagePlus is the answer, but I am unsure how to proceed. Do I need to switch over to a data plan with Verizon, activate the iPhone and then try to switch to PagePlus; do I switch my current phone to PagePlus and then call back later and try to switch to the iPhone; or do I just keep calling until someone takes pity on me? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by AncientSun View Post
    Just switched a Verizon iPhone 4 to Page Plus and Ported the number. Everything was up and running in 10 mins with full functionality (mms,data,vm,phone) for free, they even preload your phone with $2.00 to make a call/text and check the data. Grand total $40.00 for the month of service, Whatta Steal.
    I hesitantly called in because of billing troubles online and the CSR was more than happy to help me with my iPhone 4, which she stated she knew I had after I gave her the MEID. Don't be afraid to call, if you get turned down call again.

If your wondering what will be needed to port your number you can always go to the page plus cellular website and click activate.
    YOU WILL NEED:

- Name on account
    - MEID or ESN
    - Account Number
    - Account Password - used the 5 letter Verizon online pass .
    - Current Carrier and Phone Number
    - *Account address - Didnt need

When your ready Activate the phone by calling *22890, check all functions and add a very reasonable plan midst this Dark Cellular Age.

Full functionality with a $55/month Unlimited/2Gb data plan, tax-free.

"Free your Phone, and the rest will follow."

Carriers
    Page Plus
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Just give them the ESN and activate the phone. No need to tell them it's an Iphone. Sort of a "don't ask don't tell" policy.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Visual Voicemail will not work, it is not supported. You will not receive notification of new voicemail after activation. You will have to set up VM through a service such as google voice that sends you text message notification, or you can manually access VM (*86). Other than that, iphone 4 will work just as well on PPC as on Verizon post-paid.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score

verizon iphone 4 on page plus?

Don't give up you may have to call a few times. I called three times before my iPhone 4s started working. It is worth the change in the end. On good thing about page plus is they are based in Ohio and you can understand the customer service people. So keep trying and good luck.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetodust View Post
    Visual Voicemail will not work, it is not supported. You will not receive notification of new voicemail after activation. You will have to set up VM through a service such as google voice that sends you text message notification, or you can manually access VM (*86). Other than that, iphone 4 will work just as well on PPC as on Verizon post-paid.
    I get VM notification on my iPhone 4.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyk4952 View Post
    So do I. Visual Voice Mail doesn't work though.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyk4952 View Post
    Some people that have been using visual voicemail have reported issues when trying to switch to standard voicemail. There are some discussions on other forums about how to get standard voicemail to work correctly after making the switch.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post15048544

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    So do I. Visual Voice Mail doesn't work though.
    Correct. But it's not a big deal to me. It works like typical cell phone VM.

Feedback Score

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingerbrown View Post
    Just give them the ESN and activate the phone. No need to tell them it's an Iphone. Sort of a "don't ask don't tell" policy.
    Thank you all for the great advice. This worked fine and I have been up and running for a few days. Haven't set up VM, so can't speak to its similarity to Verizon, but as far as I can tell it should be much the same without the online access to make changes to your account (call forwarding, etc.). Very happy to be paying $30/month for what would have cost over $85/mo on Verizon. I will spread the work. Thanks again to all that have helped on this forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast