Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can I get a recomendation for a smart phone?

Phones
    HTC Droid Eris
    HTC Droid Eris
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    PagePlus (Eris)
    Feedback Score
    I've been using an HTC Droid Eris on Page Plus for a couple years now. (I briefly left to try a VoIP carrier - Line2 - but they sucked and I'm back to Page Plus).

The Droid Eris is great in a couple respects - there is great support for it on its own forum. There are a couple of great ROMs you can load on it (I prefer Macrodroid's MacRom). By rooting and flashing a ROM you'll get great battery life and Gingerbread version of Android.

Also a plus - at least to me - is that the phone is small, but not too small. I don't want to carry a brick in my pocket. The Droid Eris is a little too small for type in portrait mode, but great landscape. For everything else, the screen is fine. I don't watch movies or play games on my phone, but I think that would be the only reason I'd want a bigger screen.

Lastly, you can get a Droid Eris used on ebay for about $50 or $60. Stick a 16gb micro SD card in it and you're all set for less than $75. It has good reception and a good battery life. I charge mine every three or four days. (I don't talk on it much.) It has gone as long as 6 days on stand-by for me without a recharge.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Tom, I wish I would have seen your post before I put a big bid on a droid a855. We'll see If I win it in a couple days If not Ill look into Eris.

Thanks Everyone for your input!!

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The Incredible is a better phone than the older Eris, and it can be purchased for $50-$70 on eBay. However, neither have a physical keyboard. If a physical keyboard is important, then I agree with file014 that a Droid 2, or even Droid 2 Global for almost the same price, would be a better choice.

Phone
    Motorola StarTAC, 1st gen iPhone 16GB
    Carrier
    Page Plus & KTC PACE Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have a Droid (original) A855. I too find the keyboard unnatural/unusable. I just use the on screen keyboard.

The Droid 2 looks like it might be a better keyboard.

Phones
    w376g
    xv 6700
    v176
    Carriers
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried the Huawei phone PP just started selling on their website.
    Spec wize its pretty lame, but its Android, and has the essential features most people need.

Feedback Score
    There's also the Samsung Fascinate. They're cheap enough and in quantity on ebay, plus you can drop the lastest CyanogenMod on it.

Phones
    HTC Droid Eris
    HTC Droid Eris
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
    Carriers
    PagePlus (Eris)
    Feedback Score
    Boz1 is right. The Incredible is a better phone for about the same price. A lot of Eris folks went over to the Incredible when they decided to move on.

Anyone have any insight on the Incredible 2? I'm thinking about getting one. My two biggest concerns are battery life and speaker volume. I want a phone that doesn't need to be charged every night. And from too many years playing guitar and listening to metal, I need a phone that has decent speaker volume so I can have a conversation outside or in a moving car.

Feedback Score

Re: Can I get a recomendation for a smart phone?

Quote Originally Posted by tom2112 View Post
    Boz1 is right. The Incredible is a better phone for about the same price. A lot of Eris folks went over to the Incredible when they decided to move on.

Anyone have any insight on the Incredible 2? I'm thinking about getting one. My two biggest concerns are battery life and speaker volume. I want a phone that doesn't need to be charged every night. And from too many years playing guitar and listening to metal, I need a phone that has decent speaker volume so I can have a conversation outside or in a moving car.
    the x2 has a good speaker battery life is not great but ok.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all your replies! awsome feedback! One more question, I now have the droid 1 a255? and I got some water on it within the first 2 weeks its toast. Which other phone has a larger android keyboard? dont need the physical one just a bigger android version.
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phones4194 View Post
    Thanks for all your replies! awsome feedback! One more question, I now have the droid 1 a255? and I got some water on it within the first 2 weeks its toast. Which other phone has a larger android keyboard? dont need the physical one just a bigger android version.
    Thanks in advance.
    Droid X, by way of having a bigger screen for a virtual keyboard (4.3 inches) and better hardware specs--making it less dated than your OG Droid. You'll probably find one for not much more money, though.
    Kyocera 2135 on Verizon Prepaid
    Nokia 3585i on Simple Freedom/Alltel U Prepaid/Page Plus
    LG AX-5000 on Alltel U Prepaid/Verizon Prepaid/Page Plus
    LG 420G on Tracfone
    LG 900G on Net10
    DROID by Motorola on Page Plus Cellular
    HTC DROID Incredible 2 on Verizon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2