Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a Virgin Mobile Global Access Number for Voicemail?

Feedback Score

Is there a Virgin Mobile Global Access Number for Voicemail?

I am outside the country, not roaming on Virginmobile and want to check my voicemail (accidentally forgot to forward it). I tried calling my number from a landline, then hitting * or # and that just skips the incoming message. I phoned Virginmobile to ask for the global access number for voicemail and they said there wasn't one. So, in other words it is impossible to check your voicemail from anywhere but your virginmobile phone!

Is this actually true? If so I find it hard to believe. Every carrier I have ever been with has a global access number for voicemail.

Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Dial your own number should work -- does it not?

Feedback Score
    Which one is supposed to work? I tried *, # and 9 (9 because that's what Bell uses) on separate calls and neither worked.

Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm not sure on Virgin; sorry.

Feedback Score
    Well it is amazing they have no such access number and you can't even call your own phone and press a number to access your voicemail. Even Virgin's parent Bell allows you to call into your voice mail from a landline and no other carrier I have been with did not have this feature. So, I guess if you lose your phone you also lose access to your voicemail.

In the interim I have added voice-to-text for $5/mos on my plan for when I am away and we'll see how that works. I mistakenly used the Fido call forwarding sequence (to forward my phone to freephoneline.ca) before I left Canada instead of the Virgin one because I thought it was the same sequence and my iPhone did indeed come up with a message that my calls were being forwarded but I guess that came from the phone itself not Virgin, or something. The Virgin sequence is *72#<number. to turn on and *720# to turn off, not *21*<number> and ##21# as with Fido.

Although I added it I see nowhere on My Account where to setup what email it goes to or whether it should be texted or emailed. Maybe the account doesn't get updated for a bit, but it already shows the feature is added. Does anyone know where you set up the features for Voice-To-Text voicemail?

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    telering
    Feedback Score
    OR check Voicemails from another phone by dialing your mobile phone number.

When you hear your own message hit the # key.
    Type in your password and follow the prompts.

Pulled right off the Virgin website. I have done this in the past from other phones and it worked. I do not have an iphone though and that might be the difference if you have Visual Voicemail.

Carriers
    IT&E
    VIRGIN
    Feedback Score

Re: Is there a Virgin Mobile Global Access Number for Voicemail?

Dial 16473832333 enter your pin ****

Sent from my SGH-I747M using HowardForums
    If other can do it... let them do it...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d1ulove View Post
    Dial 16473832333 enter your pin ****

Sent from my SGH-I747M using HowardForums
    Thanks, Actually you have to enter your phone number first, then the pin. I don't know where you found it as I've looked all over the website for it and was told by Virgin there was no such option.

Thanks! It worked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by f14sure View Post
    OR check Voicemails from another phone by dialing your mobile phone number.

When you hear your own message hit the # key.
    Type in your password and follow the prompts.

Pulled right off the Virgin website. I have done this in the past from other phones and it worked. I do not have an iphone though and that might be the difference if you have Visual Voicemail.
    I tried that from my iPhone on a different carrier and on Skype and it did not work. Virgin does not offer visual voice mail for the iPhone so that wasn't the problem. Can you give me the link where it says that though on the Virgin website? I could not find it.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eonibm View Post
    I tried that from my iPhone on a different carrier and on Skype and it did not work. Virgin does not offer visual voice mail for the iPhone so that wasn't the problem. Can you give me the link where it says that though on the Virgin website? I could not find it.
    All I did was going to virginmobile.ca, did a search for voicemail, its the 5th link down. If you're dialing internationally, make sure you're using the proper international codes ie +1

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/faq.html?q=016

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunk View Post
    All I did was going to virginmobile.ca, did a search for voicemail, its the 5th link down. If you're dialing internationally, make sure you're using the proper international codes ie +1

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/faq.html?q=016
    Well it turned out my iPhone did actually get call forwarded even though I used the Fido sequence instead of the Virgin one. Odd they specify different sequences to call forward but both work.

Phone
    Galaxy SIII, iPhone 4s Black 64GB (wife's phone)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Is there a Virgin Mobile Global Access Number for Voicemail?

Well it turned out my iPhone did actually get call forwarded even though I used the Fido sequence instead of the Virgin one. Odd they specify different sequences to call forward but both work.
    There is not fido sequence or virgin sequence.
    Virgin website is not up to date... What they show are the codes for the old cdma phones. Gsm/HSPA/lte phones are all using the same codes on every providers. Some provider may chose to disable those codes... But if they do this, they won't replace it with something else... They just disable the feature.

Feedback Score
    Oh, so it is *21*<number> to turn on and ##21# to turn off on the iPhone no matter which carrier?

Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Oh, so it is *21*<number> to turn on and ##21# to turn off on the iPhone no matter which carrier?
    Yes, those are GSM codes for call forwarding.

Phone
    Galaxy SIII, iPhone 4s Black 64GB (wife's phone)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    on the iPhone or any other GSM phone... yes those codes should work on all providers.

you can find some other codes here :
    http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php

*004 or *002 might now always work on every provider...
    conditional forwards might not work either on some providers that force the transfer to voicemail if you have this option (like Rogers and Fido I think).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast