Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: AT&T in Southern Wisconsin

Feedback Score
    Agree with getting more coverage in SW Wis but I think ATT is creeping up on it. They r now providing coverage in LaValle. LaValle is not quite SW WI but it is out in the toolies and previously had no ATT coverage. The roaming idea with Verizon won't happen since ATT is GSM and Verizon CDMA. In other words, incompatible technology. Which means roaming can't happen.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't think this really matters for LTE. As long as phones supports Verizon bands why wouldn't this work?

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    IIRC the 'partner' in that area is Bug Tussel Wireless, a tiny little carrier who primarily markets roaming... I'm surprised AT&T doesn't just snap 'em up, especially if they don't have the spectrum.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know what bands AT&T uses for LTE in Wisconsin? I'm going to be jumping onto a Cricket plan and buying a 2014 Moto X Pure Edition but it only supports Bands 2,4, and 17. Will LTE work in the area on those bands, or would I be better off buying the AT&T-specific version?

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IagoParrot View Post
    Does anyone know what bands AT&T uses for LTE in Wisconsin? I'm going to be jumping onto a Cricket plan and buying a 2014 Moto X Pure Edition but it only supports Bands 2,4, and 17. Will LTE work in the area on those bands, or would I be better off buying the AT&T-specific version?
    I thought I saw some people in either Michigan or Wisconsin posting band 5 screen shots? Do some searching.

Carrier(s)
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score
    You should be good to go. Any additional LTE bands will be pushed out via a software update. See the following thread:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-x...more-lte-bands

Quote Originally Posted by IagoParrot View Post

Feedback Score
    Good news!
    It appears AT&T is trying to improve the signal in the Baraboo area!
    http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsr...09b27fc50.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoejeff View Post
    Good news!
    I wish they'd head north further. When I visit my parents near Tomah, I lose service around Baraboo. I get service again if I go to Onalaska.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoejeff View Post
    Good news!
    Very good news! I wonder if this means they are going to actively try to get native coverage throughout their southwest WI hole.

If they end up getting a site in Sauk City (since I recently moved there, from Baraboo of course, ha), I will probably end up leaving Sprint for AT&T. I commute to Madison everyday and the service is great once you get about 5 minutes southeast of Sauk City on Hwy 12. (I had put an AT&T sim in my Nexus 5 awhile back)

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just traveled towards twin cities for thanksgiving. I had LTE or 4G until about Tomah. Much improved compared to last May.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think att added service to platteville wi I was waiting for my wife at the Walmart and with my Tmobile phone doing a search I saw att as an available network but could not connect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanp22 View Post
    I think att added service to platteville wi I was waiting for my wife at the Walmart and with my Tmobile phone doing a search I saw att as an available network but could not connect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah the coverage maps have been updated to show coverage in Platteville and other surrounding areas. It looks like they have updated the Data maps, but not the voice maps - you can see a pretty substantial difference.

I know AT&T got rights to put up a tower in Baraboo and based on other information I have gathered it looks like they have a tower registered in Sauk City too (but as far as I know there hasn't been any construction for either).

Hopefully they get the SW Wisconsin hole plugged up one of these days. Would be nice to have another option.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Was just in the Dells/Lake Delton area. Usually (last time in March 2017) I was able to roam on Bug Tussel Wireless in Lake Delton. The past few days it would not register on BTW. Did they shrink the roaming allowed area?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4