Thread: What happens when I go over Data?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What happens when I go over Data?

Hi everyone ,
    I'm thinkin of getting for me and my mom PP when our VZW contract ends soon. I'll get the 55 and she will do the TNT 1200. My question is for the TNT, if her phone goes over data , will the data part will it stop working or will it keep eating money from the plan. Is there anyway I can shut off data as she only uses talk. On it thanks

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If you refill you account with TNT plan PINs, and there is no extra money sitting in the account, data will just stop working, if you run out. If you have any money in the account, data will keep working as long as there is money to pay for the data, at the overage rates. This also is true, if you run out of talk or texts, the money in the account will pay for overages, until you run out of money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Oh I get it, so I just need to keep the TNT pin and not have any $ for overages and the talk/text portion will still work fine until the month is over. This also is the case for 55 and 70$ plans too right ?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Oh I get it, so I just need to keep the TNT pin and not have any $ for overages and the talk/text portion will still work fine until the month is over. This also is the case for 55 and 70$ plans too right ?
    That is correct.

Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Hi everyone ,
    I'm thinkin of getting for me and my mom PP when our VZW contract ends soon. I'll get the 55 and she will do the TNT 1200. My question is for the TNT, if her phone goes over data , will the data part will it stop working or will it keep eating money from the plan. Is there anyway I can shut off data as she only uses talk. On it thanks
    If she only uses talk consider an $80 standard plan pin. How many minutes per month will she use? You'll have unlimited talk so she can leech your minutes when you're in the same place. You can shut off 3G data on most (all?) phones easily.
    Droid X / Droid 2 Global / Incredible
    PPC - TNT1200

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A few hundred a month.. Maybe like 500 or so ... How much does the $80 give? And would a LG env 3 or other basic phones activate easy on Pp? and if I WAnted a Basic android that has decent battery, what would u recommend ? Thank you

Carriers
    Page Plus
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The $80 pin would give her 2,000 minutes so it would be about $20/month for 500 minutes. You can't buy this pin directly from Page Plus but from authorized dealers. Callingmart.com sells them.

Carriers
    BYO Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    The $80 pin would give her 2,000 minutes so it would be about $20/month for 500 minutes. You can't buy this pin directly from Page Plus but from authorized dealers. Callingmart.com sells them.
    Yeah, but if she uses data (at all) or texts (at all), or regularly goes over 500 minutes of talk, using the $80 pin could turn out to be quite a bit more expensive than the TNT 1200 Plan. I would pore over her bills to see what her actual usage has been like for the last six months (and include mobile to mobile minutes, plus evening and weekend minutes, as these will no longer be free with Page Plus).

Carriers
    BYO Wireless
    Feedback Score
    A few hundred a month.. Maybe like 500 or so ... How much does the $80 give? And would a LG env 3 or other basic phones activate easy on Pp? and if I WAnted a Basic android that has decent battery, what would u recommend ? Thank you
    Yep, the LG ENV works fine on Page Plus, according to their list on the Wiki. My brother has activated Palm Pixis on it, I've got a Droid Pro working with it -- I've also activated an LG VX8100, an LG VX8350, two LG VX6100s, several Motorola flip phones -- all without issue.

Here's a Wiki Entry on what works.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p..._and_Page_Plus

Basically any (relatively) modern (10 year old or newer) Verizon phone should activate if it has a clean ESN, unless that phone was originally marketed as a pre-paid Verizon phone or is using 4G LTE. Blackberries take special programming as do iPhones (neither are officially supported). People have also flashed Sprint phones to work, and they've done something to get Verizon 4G phones working (but, again, these are not officially supported). You should have lots of choices for you Mom.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    Yep, the LG ENV works fine on Page Plus, according to their list on the Wiki. My brother has activated Palm Pixis on it, I've got a Droid Pro working with it -- I've also activated an LG VX8100, an LG VX8350, two LG VX6100s, several Motorola flip phones -- all without issue.

Here's a Wiki Entry on what works.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p..._and_Page_Plus

Basically any (relatively) modern (10 year old or newer) Verizon phone should activate if it has a clean ESN, unless that phone was originally marketed as a pre-paid Verizon phone or is using 4G LTE. Blackberries take special programming as do iPhones (neither are officially supported). People have also flashed Sprint phones to work, and they've done something to get Verizon 4G phones working (but, again, these are not officially supported). You should have lots of choices for you Mom.
    Just to clarify, Vzw iPhone 4 and 4S work on PPC with NO additional programming. They are not officially allowed, but people activate them all the time on PPC. iPhone 5 will NOT work on PPC because it is 4G LTE. The ONLY phones officially supported by PPC are phones that they sell on their website, but used Vzw phones, within the parameters mentioned above, work fine and are almost always the better option.