Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score

adding data to plan

is there a way just to add data to my plan, i'm currently testing this plan on my phone just to see how service is and i purchased The 12 plan, i've got minutes and texts left but am almost out of data, any recommendation?
    Thank you

Carrier
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    Add money to balance with refill card and $.20mb deducted

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You could put a $10 pin on your account and get up to 100MB of extra data at $.10 per MB, which is the new overage charge for the 12 plan.
    Timothy Barr

Carrier
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    .10mb. Not .20

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    the only plan is see for $10.00 is for 100 minutes, is there a way to add just money to your acct, if so how?
    Thanks

i currently have 200 minutes to use and 198 texts but my balance on my acct says $.98.

Feedback Score
    When you're on a monthly plan like the 12, and you add money to your account like the $10 for 100 minutes, it just makes money available for overages and roaming. It doesn't take you off the 12 plan or take away from your remaining minutes and text.

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    ok thanks for explaining this to me.
    thank you

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You guys on here are great. Sometimes I think we should pay you extra for being Page Plus Customer Service Reps! We are in the process of transitioning Standard PINs from pay-as-you-go voice minute PINs to "dual-purpose" PINs. We have the copy written for the website, but are just short of pushing it live. Here is a sneak preview:

Prepaid Cell Phone Plans: Standard Plan

Standard PINs are dual-purpose. They can be used for basic Pay-As-You-Go cell phone service, or as cash that you can add to a monthly plan that allows you to use more minutes, messages and/or data than your monthly plan provides.

Pay-As-You-Go
    One way to use a Standard PIN is for pay-as-you-go cell phone service on our Standard plan. Once the PIN has been applied to your account, your prepaid account balance can be used for talk, text and data at the per-usage rates listed in the table below. When your balance is used up, simply add another Standard PIN. That’s the beauty of prepaid – when you run out, just add more.

Standard PINs last for a period of 120 days*, so you can use it over time. This option is ideal for low-usage customers who only need to use their phone occasionally, like for emergencies.

Once activated, the 120-day duration takes effect immediately and is subject to the terms of service provided by Page Plus Cellular. Additional Standard PINs loaded to your account restart the 120-day rollover period. There is a $0.50 per month service fee on the Standard plan.

*The $10, $25, and $50 Standard PINs last 120 days. The $80 Standard PIN (available only through authorized Page Plus dealers) lasts 365 days.

Monthly Plan Add-On
    Standard PINs can also be used as a monthly plan cash add-on. By adding any Standard PIN to an active monthly plan, you can use extra minutes, messages or data should you run out before your renewal date. Additional usage is based on the overage rates of your monthly plan. For example, if you run out of data and the data overage rate on your monthly plan is $0.05 per MB, adding a $10 PIN will give you an additional 200 MB to use.

Think of it as “Flex Data” – it’s flexible in the sense that you don’t have to wait until your renewal date to continue using talk, text or data. In addition, it’s flexible because it rolls over month-to-month, so you can use it over time, just in months when you need it.

Don’t worry – by adding a Standard PIN to your active monthly plan, you will not be switched to the Standard plan. To switch to the Standard plan from a monthly plan, you can call customer service and request it.

Denny Scher
    Page Plus Marketing Manager

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyScher View Post
    You guys on here are great. Sometimes I think we should pay you extra for being Page Plus Customer Service Reps! We are in the process of transitioning Standard PINs from pay-as-you-go voice minute PINs to "dual-purpose" PINs. We have the copy written for the website, but are just short of pushing it live. Here is a sneak preview:

Standard PINs are dual-purpose. They can be used for basic Pay-As-You-Go cell phone service, or as cash that you can add to a monthly plan that allows you to use more minutes, messages and/or data than your monthly plan provides.

Pay-As-You-Go
    One way to use a Standard PIN is for pay-as-you-go cell phone service on our Standard plan. Once the PIN has been applied to your account, your prepaid account balance can be used for talk, text and data at the per-usage rates listed in the table below. When your balance is used up, simply add another Standard PIN. That’s the beauty of prepaid – when you run out, just add more.

Standard PINs last for a period of 120 days*, so you can use it over time. This option is ideal for low-usage customers who only need to use their phone occasionally, like for emergencies.

Once activated, the 120-day duration takes effect immediately and is subject to the terms of service provided by Page Plus Cellular. Additional Standard PINs loaded to your account restart the 120-day rollover period. There is a $0.50 per month service fee on the Standard plan.

*The $10, $25, and $50 Standard PINs last 120 days. The $80 Standard PIN (available only through authorized Page Plus dealers) lasts 365 days.

Monthly Plan Add-On
    Standard PINs can also be used as a monthly plan cash add-on. By adding any Standard PIN to an active monthly plan, you can use extra minutes, messages or data should you run out before your renewal date. Additional usage is based on the overage rates of your monthly plan. For example, if you run out of data and the data overage rate on your monthly plan is $0.05 per MB, adding a $10 PIN will give you an additional 200 MB to use.

Think of it as “Flex Data” – it’s flexible in the sense that you don’t have to wait until your renewal date to continue using talk, text or data. In addition, it’s flexible because it rolls over month-to-month, so you can use it over time, just in months when you need it.

Don’t worry – by adding a Standard PIN to your active monthly plan, you will not be switched to the Standard plan. To switch to the Standard plan from a monthly plan, you can call customer service and request it.

Denny Scher
    Although it is clear to those that know, just for extra clarification, you need to add something like "The $0.50 per month service fee does not apply to monthly plans with a Standard PIN added as a Monthly Plan Add-On" at the end of the second to last paragraph.

I think you also need to clarify that Standard PIN expiration dates remain at 120 days forever as long as a monthly plan PIN is added every month, although this sin't as improtant and it is already stated.

Carriers
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Re: adding data to plan

Quote Originally Posted by DennyScher View Post

Pay-As-You-Go

Monthly Plan Add-On

Denny Scher
    Will this "flex data" that rolls over, prevent your phone from being disconnected the day after your monthly plan is due? Will it like "hold" you over til you can make your payment. BC as of now, you don't pay your monthly payment and callers get a nice lil msg that says your number is temporarily disconnected. I often run out of data and have 4-5 day period when my phone is "off" so these pins would be ideal correct?

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx JB

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

adding data to plan

Quote Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
    Will this "flex data" that rolls over, prevent your phone from being disconnected the day after your monthly plan is due? Will it like "hold" you over til you can make your payment. BC as of now, you don't pay your monthly payment and callers get a nice lil msg that says your number is temporarily disconnected. I often run out of data and have 4-5 day period when my phone is "off" so these pins would be ideal correct?

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx JB
    It goes into the overages I believe it's .05 for calls texting and data. The money stays in your account. If you have enough cash in your account as the monthly plan it will automatically renew I'm pretty sure. If not it goes to .05.