Thread: Check IMEI and Carrier iPhone 5

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Check IMEI and Carrier iPhone 5

Hello I brought an iPhone 5 from someone off Craigslist that said it was unlocked. When I tried to activate using AT&T sim card, it stated it does not support the carrier and to unlock phone. I have also tried a Straight Talk sim card with same results. I gave up and brought another AT&T iPhone that works great with my Straight Talk sim card. I have been trying to find which carrier the other iPhone 5 is with no luck. Anyone know of anywhere I can find which carrier the iPhone is with by IMEI? The IMEI is 990002743000232 if that helps. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go to settings --> General--> about ; and you should see which carrier. It could likely be a sprint with bad ESN

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Go to settings --> General--> about ; and you should see which carrier. It could likely be a sprint with bad ESN
    I am not able to get into the phone to check the settings because it keep saying "No sim card installed. Instert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone"

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The IMEI on the iPhone 5 placed into CDMA use is of a special series whose first fourteen digits translates into an MEID for use on CDMA networks. It does not correspond to any IMEI in the GSM database. Since the telephone is domestically locked it could be from another CDMA carrier other than Verizon which has iPhone service in the United States.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just checked the imei through a website called howardforums and it showed that is was on Verizon network with clean ESN. Anyone used this website and is it accurate?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BaBy_bLuE678 View Post
    I just checked the imei through a website called howardforums and it showed that is was on Verizon network with clean ESN. Anyone used this website and is it accurate?
    you may have a phone that has a damaged/defective sim card slot,that could prevent the iphone 5
    from reading the AT&T sim corecctly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BaBy_bLuE678 View Post
    Hello I brought an iPhone 5 from someone off Craigslist that said it was unlocked. When I tried to activate using AT&T sim card, it stated it does not support the carrier and to unlock phone. I have also tried a Straight Talk sim card with same results. I gave up and brought another AT&T iPhone that works great with my Straight Talk sim card. I have been trying to find which carrier the other iPhone 5 is with no luck. Anyone know of anywhere I can find which carrier the iPhone is with by IMEI? The IMEI is 990002743000232 if that helps. Thank you.
    It is Verizon. You do not need a sim card, just $45 service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    Would u want to sell it?

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Would u want to sell it?
    Thanks and yes I brought another iPhone 5 that was AT&T and am using it on ST now. I am trying to sell this one. Just wanted to verify the carrier before I sold it.

Feedback Score
    you have to have a verizon iphone5 that is sold by straight talk in order to activate on straight talks
    verizon network. it will still work on straight talk but only on AT&T/Tmobile side. straight talk will not activiate any outside verizon phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    you have to have a verizon iphone5 that is sold by straight talk in order to activate on straight talks
    verizon network. it will still work on straight talk but only on AT&T/Tmobile side. straight talk will not activiate any outside verizon phones.
    I felt the need to correct misinformation in this thread. First of all, you absolutely can activate a Verizon or AT&T iphone on Straight talk as they both carry the needed gsm frequencies. I currently have a verizon iphone 5 that I'm using on Straight talk's ATT sim.

Secondly, earlier someone said that you can go to general settings -> about ...to see the carrier. This is also not true. If you deactivate a Verizon iPhone from Verizon on cdma, it will pull an ATT signal for emergencies and thus the carrier setting starts to say "AT&T." Mine currently displays this even when I take out my sim and I purchased the phone from Verizon.

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, only the phones with a unlock GSM slot. Other standard CDMA only phones are no go, I guess.