Thread: Question on SIM cards for Net10

Feedback Score

Question on SIM cards for Net10

Hi everyone, I am looking at getting an unlocked GSM phone for Net10. I want it to run on AT&T towers (best service around me). I am confused on the SIM cards though....

On the Net10 page, I enter my zip code and only have the option for a T-Mobile SIM card pack.

On the Target website, I can buy a SIM card pack, but it doesnt say AT&T or T-Mobile on it.

How do I get a SIM card that makes the phone use AT&T towers for NET10? What do I need to buy/look for?

I will be stopping by target in a little bit but wondered if anyone could help before I mess up.....

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    Carrier
    Straight Talk BYOP
    Feedback Score

Re: Question on SIM cards for Net10

Right now At&t sims have been removed from the Net 10 website. Your best best is to find them at a retailer (like Target) and buy them there. Be sure on the package that it gives you the At&t sims and the tmobile sims. It should be a 3 pack.

Sent from my PantechP9060 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Here is the link for the "generic" BYOD kit im talking about....very confusing....says nothing about AT&T or T-Mobile...

http://www.target.com/p/net10-bring-...1_9&term=net10

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI to all thread readers....I bought that kit from Target. On the back it says it covers both AT&T & T-Mobile compatible and unlocked GSM devices. $10 on sale right now. Nice deal. They only had a few in stock.

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    So Net 10 accepts unlocked GSM devices??

Do they have a $30 or low priced plan for GSM? I was disappointed to find out this morning that Straight Talk's required (advertised) "initial" $45/Unlimited plan purchase, isn't just Initial, its the minimum monthly on their GSM side. Unless I misunderstood with her accent.

Has anyone seen a prepaid carrier that has a basic $30 monthly GSM phone plan, hopefully that will accept unlocked non-smart phone handsets?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward2 View Post
    So Net 10 accepts unlocked GSM devices??

Do they have a $30 or low priced plan for GSM? I was disappointed to find out this morning that Straight Talk's required (advertised) "initial" $45/Unlimited plan purchase, isn't just Initial, its the minimum monthly on their GSM side. Unless I misunderstood with her accent.

Has anyone seen a prepaid carrier that has a basic $30 monthly GSM phone plan, hopefully that will accept unlocked non-smart phone handsets?

no, net10/straight talk do not have anything cheaper for their byod program. the $30/month is for phones net10/straight talk sells themselves the sim is locked to these phones and can't be used any other phone.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Redpocket has unlimited talk n text for $30 I think, and it uses Att.

Sent from my HTC One V using HowardForums

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Great

Does Redpocket allow BYODs? Or their proprietary handsets?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

It's BYOD.

Carrier
    ATT postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmk76 View Post
    Redpocket has unlimited talk n text for $30 I think, and it uses Att.

Airvoice offers this as well as H20. Both are ATT MVNO's and have BYOD as well. Only Net10 and Straight Talk does not offer BYOD on lower plans (that I am aware of)
    http://www.racefansforever.weebly.com// For a Fan's perspective on NASCAR racing.

http://kevdogg329.blogspot.com/ My Personal Blog

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forum.php For good information about safety razor shaving, and straight edge shaving

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfrax View Post
    Hi everyone, I am looking at getting an unlocked GSM phone for Net10. I want it to run on AT&T towers (best service around me). I am confused on the SIM cards though....

On the Net10 page, I enter my zip code and only have the option for a T-Mobile SIM card pack.

On the Target website, I can buy a SIM card pack, but it doesnt say AT&T or T-Mobile on it.

How do I get a SIM card that makes the phone use AT&T towers for NET10? What do I need to buy/look for?

I will be stopping by target in a little bit but wondered if anyone could help before I mess up.....
    You can buy infinite supply of Net10 "AT&T" sims on ebay. For instance many are selling 10 x Net10 "AT&T" sims for $7.50 with free shipping. Don't need that many? 5 x Net10 "AT&T" sims for $4 with free shipping. or 1 Net10 "AT&T" sim for 99 cents with free shipping. You can also buy sim cutters for $3 with free shipping, which also include micro and nano card adapters.

I just bought 20 of these Net10 "AT&T" sim cards and a cutter, for "just in case" scenario. Nobody has fully explained why the Straight Tall and Net10 "AT&T" sims are not being actively sold on their respective websites. There's lots of speculation, but I now have 20 Net10 "AT&T" sims and a cutter (and adapter cards) all for less than $20. JUST IN CASE.

My wife and I are with Straight Talk and we have two ST "AT&T" sims for our BYOD Galaxy Nexus smartphones. But if something happened to one of the sims or our next phone needs a micro or nano sim, I don't want to take the chance of not having a sim I can use. Net10 is close enough to Straight Talk, I could switch over if necessary. Also, I now have extras for family and friends if they want to jettison the post-paid money trap.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.