Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Turn Off Tracfone LG840G Startup and Shutdown Sounds?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0

    Turn Off Tracfone LG840G Startup and Shutdown Sounds?

    I just got a Tracfone LG840G to replace my LG800 and I can't seem to find a way to turn off the Tracfone startup and shutdown sounds-- the sounds the phone makes at the blue and white Tracfone startup and shutdown screens. I find them very annoying, not to mention intrusive for other people, if I turn on the phone in a quiet room, or turn it off in the same situation. I was very happy that I could turn the sounds off and leave them off via the LG800 profile settings. I can't believe that the ability to turn off the sounds hasn't been included with the LG840G so I'm guessing I'm just not understanding how to do it, so I'd appreciate any help.

    Thanks...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    999
    Feedback Score
    0
    Since I could not figure out how to turn off the Tracfone startup and shutdown sounds, I strongly do not think it is possible on this phone. Another annoyance to add to the list for this phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by tashedelek View Post
    I just got a Tracfone LG840G to replace my LG800 and I can't seem to find a way to turn off the Tracfone startup and shutdown sounds-- the sounds the phone makes at the blue and white Tracfone startup and shutdown screens. I find them very annoying, not to mention intrusive for other people, if I turn on the phone in a quiet room, or turn it off in the same situation. I was very happy that I could turn the sounds off and leave them off via the LG800 profile settings. I can't believe that the ability to turn off the sounds hasn't been included with the LG840G so I'm guessing I'm just not understanding how to do it, so I'd appreciate any help.

    Thanks...
    Cheers!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NewYork
    Posts
    139
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Since I could not figure out how to turn off the Tracfone startup and shutdown sounds, I strongly do not think it is possible on this phone. Another annoyance to add to the list for this phone.

    I think there is a way, go on You Tube i remember seeing a video on someone explaining how to do this .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    I found a Youtube video (or two) about turning off the keyboard sounds, etc, but nothing so far about the startup/shudown sounds.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    under my hat
    Posts
    180
    Phones
    LG290c/LG600G
    Moto w376g
    Nokia 1100b
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mike65ny View Post
    I think there is a way, go on You Tube i remember seeing a video on someone explaining how to do this .
    Knowing some of the 'helpful' U tube videos I've seen, you'll probably find a kid with a sledge hammer showing you how to silence those annoying on/off sounds of the 840g!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    central mt. region zip 86314
    Posts
    123
    Phone
    Nokia 2126i
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    My LG500g was edited for sounds this way:
    Settings
    Profiles
    Normal - options - edit
    Then there is a huge list of things to turn on & off, including startup sound, etc.

    Don't know if that helps, but LG phones have lots of hidden menus, so maybe this will help.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    central mt. region zip 86314
    Posts
    123
    Phone
    Nokia 2126i
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sorry for not reading more carefully. See that you already tried profiles. May I ask what, exactly, were the options it gave you for the various settings. Were text alerts and all that there with no option for startup & power off?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    The entire "profile" category is gone, and along with it the ability to turn off the startup and shutdown sounds. If you set the phone to just vibrate, the phone vibrates at startup and shutdown; similarly, if you set the phone to silent, it starts up and shuts down silently. But setting any ringtone will initiate the startup/shutdown sounds.

    Yes, text alerts, etc are there.

    A while after I posted here, I asked my question on the official Tracfone forum. Someone from Tracfone support, Trafone Annie or something like that, replied to say that there's no way to turn off the startup/shutdown sounds on the LG840G.

    I find that really unacceptable: what were they thinking? Did they think that people would always only turn their phones on or off in an environment where the sounds wouldn't disturb other people? I used to own a Motorola W376 Tracfone and the mandatory startup/shutdown sounds drove me nuts. I was so happy to discover that those things could be disabled in the LG800G; but now in the LG840G we're back to the same inconsiderate rudeness as the W376. Not good. Sheer thoughtlessness, or perhaps just callous disregard.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    This only happened to me twice. The first time was when I took it out of the box after I purchased it, and once again when I had to reset it due to being unable to remove a second time zone widget.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 02:11 PM
  2. Startup and Shutdown sounds on 8910, any way to do it yet?
    By sfetaz in forum UT Starcom / Audiovox
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 07:21 PM
  3. Replacing startup and shutdown sounds
    By lilfl9p in forum Motorola
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 04:29 PM
  4. Please, help me with Startup and Shutdown SOUNDS
    By CeluGeek in forum Motorola
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 03:27 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 11:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks