Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Frustrated with VZW cost's.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    260
    Phone
    iPhone 5S, Note 3
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Frustrated with VZW cost's.

    $100/Month for unlimited talk (who talks on a cell phone anymore), unlimited messages, (okay), and 2GB of data. Really!?! Just 2GB a month Don't do me any favors. And surf the net, listen to Podcasts, go over my wonderful 2GB limit, another $15. That's now $115 before taxes and fees for ONE freakn' smartphone!

    And what really get's me is VZW offers an employee discount of $20/Month unlimited 3G/4G data. But only if you're on an individual plan. They don't even offer individual plans anymore as the store clerk told me "Oh sorry, your plan isn't compatible with that discount."

    Shared plans suck for individuals.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    get a data only plan bro. use Callcentric + bria

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,205
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Vote with your wallet!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,714
    Phone
    iPhone 6 Plus, Nexus 5, Note 3, GS4
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PACWEST View Post
    $100/Month for unlimited talk (who talks on a cell phone anymore), unlimited messages, (okay), and 2GB of data. Really!?! Just 2GB a month Don't do me any favors. And surf the net, listen to Podcasts, go over my wonderful 2GB limit, another $15. That's now $115 before taxes and fees for ONE freakn' smartphone!

    And what really get's me is VZW offers an employee discount of $20/Month unlimited 3G/4G data. But only if you're on an individual plan. They don't even offer individual plans anymore as the store clerk told me "Oh sorry, your plan isn't compatible with that discount."

    Shared plans suck for individuals.
    What's your market?
    If you're in a metro area and don't talk a lot, T-Mobile has $30/mo 100mins of voice, unl texting, and unl data w 5GB of "4G" caps... prepaid.

    Or $70/mo unlimited everything, unthrottled, no caps...
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    260
    Phone
    iPhone 5S, Note 3
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    What's your market?
    If you're in a metro area and don't talk a lot, T-Mobile has $30/mo 100mins of voice, unl texting, and unl data w 5GB of "4G" caps... prepaid.

    Or $70/mo unlimited everything, unthrottled, no caps...
    I live in the 98208 market. And have actually been using a HTC One S with prepaid SIM to give TMO a try. They've been pretty good thus far. At work though I'll lose coverage depending where I'm at in the building. ATT & VZW have repeaters at work. But I was looking at TMO's SIM only 500 minute, unlimited text, 5GB data $65/month plan. And possibly throwing a 15% employee discount on top of that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,714
    Phone
    iPhone 6 Plus, Nexus 5, Note 3, GS4
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PACWEST View Post
    I live in the 98208 market. And have actually been using a HTC One S with prepaid SIM to give TMO a try. They've been pretty good thus far. At work though I'll lose coverage depending where I'm at in the building. ATT & VZW have repeaters at work. But I was looking at TMO's SIM only 500 minute, unlimited text, 5GB data $65/month plan. And possibly throwing a 15% employee discount on top of that.
    You can always use T-Mobile's WiFi calling when at work. And you're saving your minutes. Plus, you're in T-Mobile's home market with 40Mhz of AWS, where you can also expect 2x10Mhz LTE pretty darn soon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,823
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Frustrated with VZW cost's.

    I've never liked the new plans and for one line they aren't the way to go
    Running too many phones

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BTA027
    Posts
    16,543
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Vote with your wallet!
    Second that. Vote with your wallet! That's the only feedback mechanism that works.

    PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,582
    Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Frustrated with VZW cost's.

    Quote Originally Posted by PACWEST View Post
    $100/Month for unlimited talk (who talks on a cell phone anymore),.
    Reduce minutes. F&F, google voice, wi-fi, page plus, millenicom, options!

    Check further via phone cs on employer discounts.

    Best way to look at your verizon options is online on My Verizon. Much more useful than SOME store reps.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,177
    Phones
    iPhone 5S
    Galaxy Nexus
    BlackBerry Curve, 8830
    Carriers
    at&t, Verizon
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0

    Frustrated with VZW cost's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    Reduce minutes. F&F, google voice, wi-fi, page plus, millenicom, options!

    Best way to look at your verizon options is online on My Verizon. Much more useful than SOME store reps.
    He can't reduce minutes. He's on Share Everything, and that's all that is now available.

    Verizon's 4G network.

    I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,582
    Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Frustrated with VZW cost's.

    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    He can't reduce minutes. He's on Share Everything, and that's all that is now available.
    Wow, thanks. Pac, did you give up unlimited for iphone 5?

    Isn:t there a time limit for reverting plans?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    260
    Phone
    iPhone 5S, Note 3
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    You can always use T-Mobile's WiFi calling when at work. And you're saving your minutes. Plus, you're in T-Mobile's home market with 40Mhz of AWS, where you can also expect 2x10Mhz LTE pretty darn soon.
    What exactly does the home market, 40Mhz, 2X10 reference mean?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    1,178
    Phone
    LG G2 (T-Mobile), iPhone 5S (Verizon)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PACWEST View Post
    What exactly does the home market, 40Mhz, 2X10 reference mean?
    T-Mobile USA is based out of Washington State. The rest means they have a lot of spectrum resources and therefore network performance should be stellar in that particular area.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,714
    Phone
    iPhone 6 Plus, Nexus 5, Note 3, GS4
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PACWEST View Post
    What exactly does the home market, 40Mhz, 2X10 reference mean?
    Meaning Bellevue, WA is T-Mobile's home turf. That's where their headquarters is. They are known to have spot on network in Seattle area.

    40Mhz means that they have enough bandwidth to deploy LTE network as fast as Verizon's with peak download speeds of 73mpbs.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    97
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Frustrated with VZW cost's.

    The individual plan is 2gb and when I priced verizon BEFORE they switched to the tiered plans and they would have hit me for 130 for the exact same thing sprint was offering (minus free mobile to any mobile) but with the new plan it would be 100 for unlimited talk and text plus 2gb.

    That's 30 bucks cheaper.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does It Cost To Stay On I.m With Vzw
    By lacesballer in forum LG
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 03:08 AM
  2. Major Frustration with VZW "Free" Web Services & Mobil Web
    By itwonder in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 06:01 AM
  3. frustration with fido customer service
    By jadefox in forum Fido
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2002, 10:03 AM
  4. Has AT&T (TDMA) lost roaming with VZW?
    By roamer1 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2002, 01:28 AM
  5. Frustrated with v.66 availability in Europe.
    By Bezbozny in forum Motorola
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2001, 07:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks