Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Frustrated with VZW cost's.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Frustrated with VZW cost's.

How do you know if u r in roaming area with PP? Will it say it if you are using IPhone ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Get page plus... Unlimited , talk, text and 2Gb data for only $55 or 5 GB for $70... And it's lower if you get callingmart discounts ... Same exact service ... Don't let Verizon rip you off
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak View Post
    but if you find yourself in an area that Verizon doesn't cover then it will roam just like Verizon, you only have to have a balance on your account as they will charge you for roaming, but I will probably only use no more the 10 minutes a year roaming.
    So yes, with page plus you can roam on partner networks, it just cost a little extra.
    I didn't say PagePlus wasn't a good option. I have a phone on PagePlus myself. I was simply responding to the above post. It is not the "exact same service". If you're on a Verizon account, you don't pay to use the extended network. With PagePlus, you do pay to use Verizon's extended network. Also, PagePlus does not offer 4G LTE service.

Just saying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    How do you know if u r in roaming area with PP? Will it say it if you are using IPhone ?
    Just like in the old days, you'll get a recorded message telling you that you are roaming. Also, if you don't have a dollar balance in your PP account, you won't be allowed to roam.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    When I switched to try the new plans I tried to go back two weeks later and they said they were no longer available.
    Then you got lied to.

For price plans, there's a 60 day reversion period.

The only thing that has a shorter time frame for inactive price requests is unlimited data which has a 14 day reversion period.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PACWEST View Post
    $100/Month for unlimited talk (who talks on a cell phone anymore), unlimited messages, (okay), and 2GB of data. Really!?! Just 2GB a month Don't do me any favors. And surf the net, listen to Podcasts, go over my wonderful 2GB limit, another $15. That's now $115 before taxes and fees for ONE freakn' smartphone!
    yeah...When I was on Verizon I had smartphone/laptop with data plan and it was running me like $250/mo. Honestly, it was killer for 2 years. Caught up with me at the wrong time. Left to go to ATT and was saving money. Have since broke my ATT contract to move on from them to save even more money.

They really kick it to you to save you upfront money on a smartphone.

Kind of crazy really.

In time they will get their act together and actually care about the individual.

They will have to if they want to remain number 1.

Manny

Phone
    HTC ONE
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Frustrated with VZW cost's.

Sprint and Tmobile are no option for some people that is why verizon and at&t can do whatever they feel like. The more verizon raise their prices, the more people flock to them because of lack of choices for many people. For example I am here in Brooklyn NY and in my house sprint and Tmobile just plain suck while the other 2 give excellent reception. If all 4 carriers gave equal coverage prices would definitely be lower. As much as I like Verizon and when they drop my grandfathered data I have no choice but to leave because my cost will increase if I move to their everything shared package.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Carrier
    att
    Feedback Score

Yeah I see more and more areas where only att and vz give decent coverage, especially in the more rural areas. With that being the case neither att or vz will need to lower prices any time soon. I wish they would but no incentive to just yet
    Running too many phones

Phone
    iPhone 6 Plus, Nexus 5, Note 3, GS4
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buglewe View Post
    Sprint and Tmobile are no option for some people that is why verizon and at&t can do whatever they feel like. The more verizon raise their prices, the more people flock to them because of lack of choices for many people. For example I am here in Brooklyn NY and in my house sprint and Tmobile just plain suck while the other 2 give excellent reception. If all 4 carriers gave equal coverage prices would definitely be lower. As much as I like Verizon and when they drop my grandfathered data I have no choice but to leave because my cost will increase if I move to their everything shared package.

You can always use WiFi calling on T-Mobile. Otherwise, data shouldn't be a deal breaker in your home if you have WiFi. T-Mobile has absolutely stellar coverage and network performance in NYC. Second to only Verizon.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buglewe View Post

How long ago did you have T-Mobile experience in Brooklyn?

I thought the refarming was complete there as of the end of 2012? Or shortly after?

Manny

Phone
    HTC ONE
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Frustrated with VZW cost's.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachManny View Post
    How long ago did you have T-Mobile experience in Brooklyn?

I thought the refarming was complete there as of the end of 2012? Or shortly after?

Manny
    I left T mobile in 2010. T mobile works fine in other places in Brooklyn but as soon as I closer to my home signal starts to deteriorate. I cant hold a call without it being dropped.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, Note 3
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thinking TMO with a VZW or ATT prepaid MiFi.

Yes coverage can be a concern but to fix that and since TMO offers WiFi calling which I verified works over VZW 3G network. I was kicking the idea around of going with TMO and then getting a prepaid data card from either VZW or ATT for those times I know TMO won't have coverage and I may want coverage for whatever reason.

Phone
    iPhone 6 Plus, Nexus 5, Note 3, GS4
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The great thing about T-Mo is that you could get their prepaid plan to try it out, no commitment. If it's not up to your liking, cancel it. Otherwise you can port your number.

Phones
    motorola moto x
    motorola moto X
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I didn't say PagePlus wasn't a good option. I have a phone on PagePlus myself. I was simply responding to the above post. It is not the "exact same service". If you're on a Verizon account, you don't pay to use the extended network. With PagePlus, you do pay to use Verizon's extended network. Also, PagePlus does not offer 4G LTE service.

Just saying.
    "PagePlus is only Verizon's network. Verizon service includes many partners in extended network"
    This is what I was replying to, It's not only verizons network, you do have the ability to use the partner network, just at an extra cost.
    If someone is in partner areas a lot then page plus isn't a good option, for me I am only in partner network areas a small fraction of the time maybe once a year, when I go to the mountains and then its just small areas that I may travel through.
    I wasn't trying to start a war but like I wrote above, it is more then just verizons network, also, everyone doesn't need 4g data, heck I started to just use a dumb phone and use the $40 dollar plan myself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak View Post
    "PagePlus is only Verizon's network. Verizon service includes many partners in extended network"
    This is what I was replying to, It's not only verizons network, you do have the ability to use the partner network, just at an extra cost.
    If someone is in partner areas a lot then page plus isn't a good option, for me I am only in partner network areas a small fraction of the time maybe once a year, when I go to the mountains and then its just small areas that I may travel through.
    I wasn't trying to start a war but like I wrote above, it is more then just verizons network, also, everyone doesn't need 4g data, heck I started to just use a dumb phone and use the $40 dollar plan myself.
    Yes, I don't disagree with you. I was responding to Cell_Phone33's post of "exact same coverage" and "don't let Verizon rip you off", using your post to further illustrate my point. "exact same coverage" to me implies that Verizon is "ripping you off" by charging extra for the same product. They are two different products and one may work for you and one may not. If you're rarely in extended network areas or if you don't use or need 4G, then obviously you don't need to buy that service.

I personally spend over half my year in extended network areas so PagePlus would cost me a bunch more than Verizon. I also use my smartphone for all my data access so I really appreciate 4G when I can get it.

Carrier
    att
    Feedback Score

Vz is expensive but when you are basically the coverage king, you can get away with more

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3