Thread: want to use my Virgin mobile phone on straight talk on the verizion network

Feedback Score

want to use my Virgin mobile phone on straight talk on the verizion network

I want to use my Virgin mobile phone on straight talk on the verizion network its a lg model no. vm670
    android version2.2.2 is this possible and if so how?
    thanks
    Ron

Phone
    Galaxy SIII, iPhone 4s Black 64GB (wife's phone)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: want to use my Virgin mobile phone on straight talk on the verizion network

It won't be possible.
    Not the same technology... Verizon is cdma and Virgin is gsm/hspa

Phones
    SGH-T889V Galaxy Note II
    Previous phones: SCH-n370, SCH-m510, SGH-T746 Impact, GT-S5660M Galaxy Gio, GT-I9020A Nexus S
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile Canada (previous)
    Feedback Score
    Actually Zadigre, in his case, Virgin is CDMA. Virgin Mobile USA is a Sprint MVNO.

OP: Aside from the fact it involves PRL (Preferred Roaming List) flashing, I have pretty much zero clue on what else you need to do, Canadian carriers are phasing out CDMA. Sorry and good luck.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Yeah, I'm not too sure what's being asked. If virgin Mobile USA is on the Sprint network, I don't think it would be very easy to get it on the Verizon network. Plus as far as I know straight talk runs on T-Mobile and AT&T networks which each run different variants of a completely different technology than Sprint and Verizon. So no. That is the answer I think.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using HowardForums

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon and Sprint do not activate each others devices. Would take some hacking by the OP to make it work. Simply put, customer service will not be of any help to the OP.

While both Verizon and Sprint do use the same cellular technology technology, and Virgin Mobile does use the Sprint network it won't help the OP either.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score

Yes, virgin mobile can be used on straight talk. Would require flashing of phone. Hope this can help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geeew1z View Post
    Yes, virgin mobile can be used on straight talk. Would require flashing of phone. Hope this can help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey so is it possible to switch carrier from Virgin Mobile to Straight Talk iPhone 4s?