Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ways to Activate Walmart iPhone 5 on Straight Talk

Feedback Score

Ways to Activate Walmart iPhone 5 on Straight Talk

I'd like to use Straight Talk's version of AT&T's service on an iPhone 5. I think it would be ideal to purchase an unlocked iPhone 5 for $649 from Walmart/Straight Talk, instead of the Apple store, because the Straight Talk iphones have both the GSM and CDMA radios (model A1429) so I can be totally free to use this phone with any company I want down the line if I change my mind for whatever reason. The Apple store only sells model A1428 (GSM only). [please let me know if there is anything wrong with my thinking here...]

I have 2 questions for the community:
    1) Can you use a new Straight Talk AT&T-compatible SIM card, cut it down to nano size then use it to set up service on a newly-purchased $649 iPhone 5 16GB from Walmart? (the Walmart/Straight Talk activation instructions that come with the phone are SIM-free and activate on ST's rented Verizon network)

2) Can you use a new Straight Talk AT&T-compatible SIM card and cut it down to nano size then use it to set up service on a $649 iPhone 5 16GB from Walmart that has ALREADY BEEN SET UP without a SIM through the included Walmart/Straight Talk activation and is on ST's rented Verizon network?

Thanks for your help!

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    right now most places are out of st/att sims.if you have good tmo service you can get a st/tmo simm and cut it down.hope this helps you

Feedback Score
    thanks, I actually do have a st/att sim that I have not activated yet, and the T-Mobile service at home and surrounding is horrible (hilly neighborhood) Verizon has the best coverage nearby and AT&T is acceptable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcaller View Post
    I'd like to use Straight Talk's version of AT&T's service on an iPhone 5. I think it would be ideal to purchase an unlocked iPhone 5 for $649 from Walmart/Straight Talk, instead of the Apple store, because the Straight Talk iphones have both the GSM and CDMA radios (model A1429) so I can be totally free to use this phone with any company I want down the line if I change my mind for whatever reason. The Apple store only sells model A1428 (GSM only). [please let me know if there is anything wrong with my thinking here...]

I have 2 questions for the community:
    1) Can you use a new Straight Talk AT&T-compatible SIM card, cut it down to nano size then use it to set up service on a newly-purchased $649 iPhone 5 16GB from Walmart? (the Walmart/Straight Talk activation instructions that come with the phone are SIM-free and activate on ST's rented Verizon network)

2) Can you use a new Straight Talk AT&T-compatible SIM card and cut it down to nano size then use it to set up service on a $649 iPhone 5 16GB from Walmart that has ALREADY BEEN SET UP without a SIM through the included Walmart/Straight Talk activation and is on ST's rented Verizon network?

Thanks for your help!
    you won't be able to activate a straight talk iphone 5 on verizon's post paid network,

Feedback Score
    is there any way around that - like if I bought an unlocked iPhone from Verizon, instead?

Feedback Score
    is there any way around that - like if I bought an unlocked iPhone from Verizon, instead?
    verizon iphone 5 can be used on straight talk, but only on AT&T/Tmobile network. straight talk will
    not activiate any outside cdma phone that is not in thee database. also the straight talk iphone 5 LTE
    is disabled so it will only get 3G speeds.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    not to discreadet anyone but wally world is selling st branded i phone 5's that use the st/verizon side of things.sounds like that is what you need because you stated verizon is king where you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    verizon iphone 5 can be used on straight talk, but only on AT&T/Tmobile network. straight talk will
    not activiate any outside cdma phone that is not in thee database. also the straight talk iphone 5 LTE
    is disabled so it will only get 3G speeds.
    ...so maybe the best thing to do for the most carrier flexibility and fastest data speed is to get a GSM-only iPhone from the Apple store and set it up on Straight Talk with a cut-down ST SIM card? I can always use another pre-paid (T-Mobile) later, if+when their service gets better in my area...

Carrier
    ST Unlimited x 4 Lines
    Feedback Score
    If you have good verizon coverage. Just activate ST iphone 5 on cdma part.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar786 View Post
    yes and the best part is data and mms will work right right out of the box.no putting in apn settings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar786 View Post
    Will an unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple work with ST using a cut-down microSIM?

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Jack T;15052161]Will an unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple work with ST using a cut-down microSIM?[/QUOTE

yes it will work with straigh talk.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Planning to order ATT sim from WM, as they are the only ones still selling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    yes and the best part is data and mms will work right right out of the box.no putting in apn settings.
    yes, but isn't the data really slow on Straight Talk with no SIM card (Verizon)?

Feedback Score
    yes, but isn't the data really slow on Straight Talk with no SIM card (Verizon)?
    I would like to know the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast