Thread: From live straight talk rep

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score

From live straight talk rep

I went to the Okeechobee fl Walmart. They had a big bright yellowish truck tent and uhaul. They had both att and verizon phones. (No Tmo as they suck here) I guess this caravan will be going all over the country.
    I asked what happened to the att sim. And he said that people were getting the att sim and activating them and using up all of the data that they could as soon and as fast as they could. And it was att that put a stop. To that.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phones
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score

From what I understood these people were using it for data only and not voice or text. They apparently would use massive amounts of data. So I don't know how many straight talk caravans there are but I guess they are going throughout the south this spring.

Carriers
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will those with SIMs be able to keep their plans?

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    This story hardly makes sense - who would do this? If this was a group or company using the ATT service through Straight Talk against the TOS, they would just as easily terminate the lines. Also - if this was some widespread abuse they'd target that group and use legal action if possible.

Also - is this truck and caravan set up part of Straight Talk? You mention the color to be similar to the ST color - a bright green/yellow. If you could please explain, a bit more clearly, what exactly happened that'd be great.

Feedback Score
    Can you help me? I got a straighttalk to take on a cruise recently and after leaving ft.lauderdale I never had a signal again, not even in St. Thomas or portico, according to their coverage map, there was nothing in SanJuan, also tried a verizon phone, got nothing there also, I did have a tm 29dollar no contract and that did work sometimes, i have seen people using their phones on the ship, as Princess doesn't charge for using their towers, any suggestion on which phone and carrier to get for next trip? Someone told me to get a samsung galaxie, but they are almost 500bucks, and yes i am an Old Old person with swollen fingers that work better with flip phones...
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Should I be using a gsm phone that is unlocked, on Tm, or sprint better?

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Straight Talk ONLY works in the US. You can call internationally with the international plan but you can only originate calls in the 50 states.

-Necksus

(First day on ST today for me and all is well so far!)

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I guess there are too many web hogs here and that's why ATT&T got mad. Hopefully in the future, web hogs would stop their action and not like the real wild hogs that is destructive.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Necksus View Post
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Straight Talk ONLY works in the US. You can call internationally with the international plan but you can only originate calls in the 50 states.

-Necksus

(First day on ST today for me and all is well so far!)
    I'm pretty sure us territories are inclouded as well it's sound like you have a sprint straight talk device I've only seen coverage for that on the AT&T maps straight talk offers.

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Well if ST would just come out and say 2GB of 3G the problem would be solved.

Phones
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score

Trac based lines will not roam out of the us. Cellular at sea is $3 a minute. Better off using a wifi hotspot at your destination and using a sip app or VoIP app.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I can tell you that if you go on an NCL cruise that features their app, you can at least email with Google accounts. (At least, I did in December on the Epic). We activated the apps to work on the ship so hubby and I could communicate while I was running around and he was sleeping, or whatever. I noticed that I was receiving Facebook notifications. Then I noticed gmail. I sent an email to my son's gmail account and he received it and was able to send back to me. My hubby has iphone 4S but didn't bother to test it out so don't know, but I don't think it would work as he never received any FB notifications.

I know this doesn't help you with travel in general; however, the idea to find wifi while in a port/city is the best if your phone has that capability.

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score

Re: From live straight talk rep

I've gone to PR with a ST ATT sim and everything worked perfect there.

Hopefully they are still able to activate an e71 sim on att so that later when I decide to use ST again can swap the sim to another phone.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    I've gone to PR with a ST ATT sim and everything worked perfect there.

Hopefully they are still able to activate an e71 sim on att so that later when I decide to use ST again can swap the sim to another phone.
    You can without problem, you just have to be sure you reactivate the sim with it in the E71, it will not reactivate in another phone.
    Once reactivated just put it in your android phone like before and your off.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    Trac based lines will not roam out of the us. Cellular at sea is $3 a minute. Better off using a wifi hotspot at your destination and using a sip app or VoIP app.
    yes,i checked last night and you can only use you phone in a couple of designated areas on the ship.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast