Thread: straight talk sim unlock code?

Feedback Score

straight talk sim unlock code?

I recently purchase and htc one s for Cincinnati bell. I got the unlock code for the phone but when I insert the sim it asks for a sim card code. I read on an old thread that the default code was 1111 or 2222. When I tried it said the code was 8 digits long. I just registered the sim and its in the process of activating. Do I have to wait for it to activate or does someone know the code I need to enter?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Did you apply the unlock code to the telephone? Receiving an unlock code does not unlock the telephone without actions on your part.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    I can't enter the phone unlock code unless I get past the sim code. Iam trying to find someone with an active sim and see if that works. Not having much luck.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When you place a SIM card from an unsupported carrier in the telephone, the SIM card unlock code or subsidy code is requested. How many characters are in the unlock code you received? Some telephones allow you to unlock them without having a different SIM card. Others require you to try a different SIM card to bring up the unlock menu.

Is the SIM card you are trying to use the one that you pay $14.99 to get or is it a SIM card which came with a Straight Talk telephone? The SIM card in the latter case cannot be placed into a different telephone.

Feedback Score
    It is the sim I got for 14.99 . The code I recieved has 8 digits. Acording to the instructions I recieved it says I need to enter a sim card pin if asked and then the unlock code.

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: straight talk sim unlock code?

Quote Originally Posted by bill7774 View Post
    It is the sim I got for 14.99 . The code I recieved has 8 digits. Acording to the instructions I recieved it says I need to enter a sim card pin if asked and then the unlock code.
    if your phone is at&t u need a sim card from tmobile and if your phone is tmobile u need a sim card from at&t. insert the sim card opposite of your native card turn the phone on and it will ask u the unlock code. u enter the code via ur keypad. u only have 5 chances to enter after that u have a brick phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    I tried an at&t sim and it was still asking for a sim code so I took it to one of the phone stores. I gave them the code and they fixed me up but didn't tell how they did it. They didn't even charge me. Can't beat that